PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Ball Plans

LeonardLawrence
10-12-07, 10:35 PM
Was curious what everyone does for the Marine Corps Ball?
Obviously Active Duty and Reserves have their thing, but what does everyone else do.

I usually drink a beer :beer: and have some cake at home....but wanted to try something more formal and a little less in my boxers this year....lol....

Anyone Marine Corps League ,or anything else??

LeonardLawrence
10-12-07, 10:51 PM
oh...and Covey....I know where you will be...and what you will be doing....and what you will be eating :banana: ...so there is no need to post.

All others welcome ;)

semperfi170
10-12-07, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=LeonardLawrence]oh...and Covey....I know where you will be...and what you will be doing....and what you will be eating :banana: ...so there is no need to post.

Maybe Covey will be having banana shakes or banana puree squeezed fresh!!!

:D

LeonardLawrence
10-12-07, 11:04 PM
Gunnery Sgt semperfi170,

I have to respectfully disagree about the fresh part. Maybe recently, but from the sounds of things.....not fresh! Not by any stretch of the imagination.

SlingerDun
10-12-07, 11:54 PM
I may sample a cold beer, or six. And even though the bod takes a beating, be glad that i'm not as old as the Corps itself. Never considered going to a ball???

--->Dave

maverickmarine
10-13-07, 09:57 AM
I used to go to more formal type celebrations and some actual Balls over the first few years after I got out. The last few I have just been having a big ass party at the house. Generally, there's only a couple Marines that come, as most that I know go the formal route, but many services are represented and we have a really good time. This year not as many will be making it as several are on deployement but will still be good to go. Speaking of which, if you're around the Austin area, you're welcome to PM me and see if we can get you over to the party, if you don't have anything else planned. You can't leave a Marine hanging on the Birthday.

sparkie
10-13-07, 11:04 AM
Bananna jokes everywhere, "Not fresh, Not by any 'Stench' of the imagination"

Anyway, Haven't been to the ball since 1972, but I have my own ball at home, respectfully, and with a few beers. Always tell the folks at work It's a national holiday, though.

thewookie
10-13-07, 11:18 AM
PLYMOUTH – A Birthday Ball honoring the 232nd anniversary of the U.S. Marine Corps will be held Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, at the Radisson Hotel Plymouth Harbor, at 180 Water St. This semi-formal commemoration will include cocktails, dinner, dancing, an honor guard, cake-cutting ceremony and other activities. The PX opens at 1800 hours, with chow following at 2000 hours. (For civilians, that’s cocktails at 6 p.m. and dinner at 8.) The local celebration is open to everyone who appreciates the sacrifices made by the military, especially the Marine Corps. Tickets are $50 per person. Proceeds will be donated to help fill boxes for troops overseas and to assist the families of our troops.
Col. Stephen M. Pomeroy will be the keynote speaker. The decorated fighter pilot will talk about his nearly 30 years of service in the Corps, including his time in the Persian Gulf. A native of Milton, Pomeroy flew more than 40 combat missions in an F/A-18 Hornet during the first Iraq War. Currently, he is the commanding officer and professor of naval science at the Naval ROTC Unit at Norwich University. Pomeroy received the Bronze Star, Legion of Merit and Air Medal with combat “V.”
For details or to order tickets, call former USMC sergeants Elliot Chassey at 508-746-3498, Michael Vernazzaro at 774-454-2709, Jack Pomeroy at 508-747-7344 or Keven Joyce at 508-209-0257.

thewookie
11-06-07, 10:42 AM
Last chance, the food order goes to the hotel tomorrow. Anyone interested in attending or donating please contact me. 774 454 2709. Semper Fi

sgtrock1970
11-06-07, 11:29 AM
For all you Kansas and mo. Marines, Lenexa Police Dept. has a Birthday Breakfast at Lenexa Community center, Lenexa Kansas @ 0650 hours Nov. 9th.

Joe A. Verduzco
11-06-07, 02:31 PM
I was able to attend the Marine Ball in Las Vegas, Oct 25th, with Combat Logistics Bn-Team 7. My Son was the XO, with them at the Stumps. He is now training in Del Mar, Camp Pendleton.
I attended with my Lovely Wife and we had a great time. I had to get used to all the Body Ink the Women had on display and when I saw two Marine in Dress Blues dancing, I just about dropped a load, till I saw it was Male and Female. Things have changed but we had fun.
The Oldest Marine there was Born in 1958. The youngest, 1989.
You all have a Great Birthday. On the 10th I will be with my Brother Marine, Viet Era, in Chino Hills with the Wives.

God Bless and Be Well, GI Jose

thewookie
11-08-07, 11:01 AM
Marine Honor Guard
Dan Clark
Bag Piper
Cake Cutting
Rug Cutting (DJ)
Bar
special gift for all

need I say more?

I can make food orders all the way until tomorrow afternoon, prime rib or chicken,,,plus I'll have a few extra meals at the door. The hotel can accommodate those who are out of townees or too drunk to drive home,,, heck you can stay on my couch if it comes to it! Get on the bus, Gus

LeonardLawrence
11-10-07, 12:44 AM
Thanks everyone for the response. Due to working, I decided to celebrate early with some of my favorite people.

My wife, 3 year old and 2 year old had Birch Beer sodas and ate cake that I decorated with an EGA. Not the best looking cake, but a good time was had by all. Of course, the 2 year old was served first, despite the fact I qualified as the oldest AND youngest Marine present. I have a rule in the family that the littlest one's always get first service and we work our way up....

Next year, it is definitely a trip to the ball (Wookie,please?) to be with my other family!

Happy Birthday all! :beer:

crate78
11-10-07, 09:15 PM
Haven't been to a Marine Corps Birthday Ball for a number of years, BUT

Today was also the first day of the firearm deer season here in Nebraska. I wound up nailing the biggest durn buck I've ever shot.

I can't recall the two days coinciding before. Was it more than coincidence?

crate

bucksgted
11-10-07, 09:31 PM
Congratulations on the big buck, Goose!! AND a Happy Birthday as well. <br />
<br />
I spent my Birthday day wrapping up our HOG fund raiser for Fisher House at Fort Campbell. Don't have a final accounting of...

crate78
11-11-07, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you had a worthwhile day, too, Ed. And undoubtedly for a more worthy cause than mine.

Have a good one.

Goose

LeonardLawrence
11-17-07, 11:22 PM
I hate to be the one to mention it, it has been 7 days since the ball......

okay 5 if you count recovery days.

No one is posting pictures from this years events??

thedrifter
11-17-07, 11:40 PM
I will post pix's tomorrow from the Retirement Ball which was the 17th..;)

Now You All can feel the History in one room.

I did have the pleasure to meet Sgt Major Gene Overstreet from Leatherneck which knew hubby from their early years..

Ellie

LeonardLawrence
11-17-07, 11:47 PM
"Now You All can feel the History in one room"

<<<----Like a kid at the candy store.

Thanks Ellie!:)

thedrifter
11-18-07, 05:49 AM
PIX FROM THE MARINE CORPS RETIREES' BIRTHDAY BALL OF NOV. 17, 2007

http://fontman.smugmug.com/gallery/3846683#P-1-15

Ellie