PDA

View Full Version : Who knew?

USMCDrippin
10-12-07, 11:59 AM
I am the proud father of a recruit that is in his forth day in San Diego. I had no idea that parents go through this much emotion. Thanks for all of the support and I promise to provide the same for all Marines, recruits, parents and families.

God Bless.

OldMarineMom
10-12-07, 04:01 PM
Oh wow, Dad......if you think you're feeling alot of emotion now, just wait until you attend the graduation!! This is an event that you definitely do not want to miss!

:flag:

Quinbo
10-12-07, 04:02 PM
All goes well recruits get a phone call nearing graduation. One sooner would be more cause for worry. Write often.

Achped
10-12-07, 05:48 PM
Just know this, all the recruits I knew, we could never imagine our families in anything but the best light. You are his motivation right now. He doesn't want to let you down. Just write often, tell him stories about home, ask him how he's doing. Don't worry if you don't get a letter for a while, he's not mad at you and he hasn't forgotten about you.

I couldn't stand my family before I left, now I can't wait to spend any time with them I get. That phone call you get on libbo sunday will be...nice.

Marine84
10-12-07, 06:07 PM
Just know this, all the recruits I knew, we could never imagine our families in anything but the best light. You are his motivation right now. He doesn't want to let you down. Just write often, tell him stories about home, ask him how he's doing. Don't worry if you don't get a letter for a while, he's not mad at you and he hasn't forgotten about you.

I couldn't stand my family before I left, now I can't wait to spend any time with them I get. That phone call you get on libbo sunday will be...nice.

:cry:

2PW
10-14-07, 04:18 PM
If your emotional now, just wait till graduation comes around. First never in my lifetime I thought that I would witness the Pride of the True American family and friends of the Marines that I did.
It was just last week that I attended my doughters graduation at MCRD Paris Island. Not a dry eye. You will be rewarded with the honor of being and saying
I'm a Proud Parent of a Marine,
OohRah!!!

:usmc:
God Bless You all

sparkie
10-14-07, 04:24 PM
GRADUATION,,,,, The satification of a parent finally knowing they did something right. OOHRA!

Wyoming
10-14-07, 05:28 PM
If your emotional now, just wait till graduation comes around. First never in my lifetime I thought that I would witness the Pride of the True American family and friends of the Marines that I did.
It was just last week that I attended my doughters graduation at MCRD Paris Island. Not a dry eye. You will be rewarded with the honor of being and saying
I'm a Proud Parent of a Marine,
OohRah!!!

:usmc:
God Bless You all

Congrats to you and your/our new Marine.

Good looking picture sailplane. What kind is it anyway?
(Rather than trash this thread, a PM would be fine.)

ashley123
11-07-07, 02:14 PM
GoD BLeSS YaLL...