PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Weight Loss

jensigt600
10-11-07, 02:43 PM
I am looking to join the Marine Corps by February 08. My father is a Beiruit Marine and damn proud as he should be. My problem is that I am 6'3 341lbs. I have already been to the recruiters and have been told to come back when I'm at least 100lbs lighter. If you guys have any tips for me to lose that kind of weight quickly so i can enlist that would be awesome. I have no other problems except my weight. Originally I was 360 but as I said I would like to drop it faster. Thanks for your help.

thedrifter
10-11-07, 03:00 PM
Fill out Your profile to follow the rules of this site...before anyone will talk;)

lovdog
10-18-07, 12:14 PM
Your profile lets out some basics -
Like, are you an athlete? Sounds like you're about the size of a NFL lineman!
Since you went to a military college - I would assume that they had some sort of disipline there to keep you in shape?
The problem with losing weight fast is that it usually saps ones strength along with it. A gradual reduction is best along with acquiring some good eating habits along the way. It probably took a little bit of time for you to get to 360 originally - so dropping 100 pounds may take some time also. If you're not careful, you can damage your organs along the way if you go about the weight reduction without some help from a nutrionist or MD. But,
you went from 360 to 341 already - so thats significant.
Any Recruiter that is worth his salt will tell you (from his own experience) that its a very good idea to be in pretty good shape - before you enter the gates at PI, or you'll suffer the consequences.
The best way to shed weight - is cut down on portions of food first off. Lay off the sugars, keep starches low (they turn to sugar anyway), eat a fair amout of protein in your diet (fish, chicken - maybe red meats 2 times a week) broiled or baked. Nothing deep fried!!!!! Eat lots of salads (greener the better), low calorie dressings. Each one of your meals should be around 300-400 calories overall. You can add a snack in between (small apple, pear, grapes). So total intake is about 1200 calories a day or so.
Now, add a mile of paced walking to start, then jog, then trot, then run til you work up a couple of miles. Add some pushups, knee bends, bends & thrusts, crunches - do these in multiples of ten or so. Once the burn starts, go at least two more!! And, drink about 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water a day!!!
You can loose weight fast a multitude of ways, but you will need plenty of strength once Boot Camp starts!! The more prepared you are - the easier it will be, not only on yourself, but for the rest of the platoon!!
A smart man once said - "A platoon or company is only as fast as your slowest man"!! Word of advice - "don't be the last man"!!
Good luck.
SF

RockSteady85
10-18-07, 06:57 PM
One to two pounds a week is the healthiest way to lose weight. Just like others have said, losing too quickly can damage your organs and screw up your metabolism. Plus, you want to build muscle along with losing fat, and the more muscle you have the more calories just having the muscle itself will burn. Definitely eat more protein so you don't deplete that resource and end up having your body burn protein for energy and in turn have it waste away the muscles you are trying to build.

Good luck!