PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 11:43 AM
I was surfing the web and found a quote and was curious what you thought.

"I believe that if we had and would keep our dirty, bloody, dollar-soaked fingers out of the business of these [Third World] nations so full of depressed, exploited people, they will arrive at a solution of their own.... And if unfortunately their revolution must be of the violent type because the "haves" refuse to share with the "have-nots" by any peaceful method, at least what they get will be their own, and not the American style, which they don't want and above all don't want crammed down their throats by Americans." General David Sharp, former US Marine Commandant,1966

crate78
10-11-07, 03:56 PM
I think it should be David "Shoup", not "Sharp".

crate

Gary Hall
11-06-07, 07:13 PM
Well Killer, you asked and I'm just reflecting and remembering. I worked in too many 3rd world countries, following drilling rigs and trying to make a living. The only conclusion I can come up with is I regret I thought I had to leave the US to make a living and if I could live my life over, I'd stay in the USA as long as I am on the right side of the grass. In my opinion, the USA tops the worthiness test of only a handful of countries fit for human consumption. Once I volunteered to go to Zimbabwe for the Baptist Church, against the advice of my beautiful wife. She told me (& I didn't listen) that I was doing it for the wrong reasons. The Lord didn't need any of my help, it turned out. Now, I don't have a beautiful wife, you reap what you sow, I've learned. In short Killer, get away from 'em and stay away from 'em if at all possible and have nothing to do with any of them. Remember, that's the reason our ancestors came here in the 1st place, they wanted a new start, electing not to jump into another old, demonstrated totally unworthy hog pen. I vote for the comments of General Shoup. Gary Hall.

sparkie
11-06-07, 07:30 PM
It has been said, the Muslum countries are in the 13th century, and they like it that way. I have to agree with Gen. Shoup. Why should we drag them up, kicking and screaming? Leave them be,,,,,,with containment. The New Zoo.

Dave Coup
11-06-07, 08:53 PM
I'm sure that 10th Z wherever he is, has a stiff one over this.

bootlace15
11-06-07, 09:13 PM
LMFAO ---10thZ..........No other comment!!!!

bootlace15 out

Big Jim
11-06-07, 10:09 PM
Gen. Shoup was entirely true when he made this famous quote. I totally agree with the quote on all levels....live and let live. I'vbe been around the world travelling with numerous units to numerous Asian countries, Australia, Norway, Iceland which includes countries on a Med-cruise. This statement reminds me of when I was in Turkey. They just want to be left alone by Americans, regardless of thier situation....and they should be!!!