PDA

View Full Version : I ate the banana...

Covey_Rider
10-11-07, 06:48 AM
I'm sorry to say but I did it. Don't really want to go into details about it but I figured that I'd come clean haha. I'm out here in Oki and I'm sure that you guys that have been out here know exactly what I'm talking about. Gate 2, same lady been doing it for probably 20yrs. Gives me the chills thinking about it.

Phantom Blooper
10-11-07, 07:00 AM
TMI Early in the morning on the East coast!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Covey_Rider
10-11-07, 07:06 AM
hahaha

thewookie
10-11-07, 07:12 AM
No way dude, you nasty. If your talking about the same banana I know about, that's foul. Does she still do the peso show? Is the club "smiles" still open? That might have been PI, but I remember down south outside of Gate 2 in OKI we found a lady that did that also. It was all good until one of the guys busted out his zippo when she was in the back room and then made the stack of coins very hot, very hot. And when she went to pick them up, whew she was p*ssed. That's a good way to remove unwanted hair. Mama san booted us,,,ha ha hahahahaha

I have to go to work, let me think,,,,,

Covey_Rider
10-11-07, 07:15 AM
Yeah still the same lady, but it's club presidente or something like that. Don't really remember to much that night. ALOT more happened on that stage but yeah, too inappropriate to share lol. I'm not proud of it by any means. I had to sanitize my mouth with allloooottttt of alcohol afterwards. I still make sure to clean it a few times a week and every weekend thoroughly.

Phantom Blooper
10-11-07, 07:20 AM
Just slap the monkey........

sparkie
10-11-07, 07:28 AM
Good morning,,,Spewing coffee here. thanks.

Phantom Blooper
10-11-07, 07:29 AM
Covey,talk to your 1st Sgt about the witness protection program!:beer:

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 08:07 AM
HAHA whats funny is it's always a Marine too...

Our shop went there and my Top said its the same woman when he was a LCpl..

WON..............TOO...........TREEEEEEE.. HAI HAI HAI...

oh heres a nother trick when ya go to the mamason places swtich out her drinks with yours so shes not drinking apple juice

thewookie
10-11-07, 08:36 AM
I got my clubs confused, I think it was club presidente or something, Smiles, that was a club in the Barrio in PI. That club, and I'll try to keep it as clean as possible. You sat down at a round table with a table cloth and 8 guys or so, then some girl would sneak under the table and,,,, take care of business and then the guy who smiled first bought the round. Where else can you have that kind of good clean fun? I miss PI and Oki

Covey_Rider
10-11-07, 08:45 AM
That's awesome. That's got to be the best drinking game out there. No better way to test military bearing and discipline then that right there! That motivates me haha...I'll be in PI in february.

ForeverMarine
10-11-07, 09:40 AM
omg.....i just got caught up.....not the banana show....lol.....covey tell me you dont go to whisper alley too lol......unsat marine lol jk.....

covey try the beer chuggin champion contest......we made this up....what you do is.....the challenger has to get on the person he challenges shoulders.....and he has to chug a beer anyway he wants to.....you on the other hand can jump on and down or whatever you can do to make him spill as much beer as you can......you gotta have people watching to be judging who spills the most beer you or him......but if you win.....you deem yourself the beer chuggin champion!!!!!!

i gotta couple more games behind this belt of mine lol...SemperFI

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 10:02 AM
the worst drink ive had was at this bar it was green tasted like liccorice and ended up doing flaming dr pepper shots with one of the captains in our unit and next day had the worse friggin hang over of my live he came up and asked if i had one since he did too and later found out we were doign shots of absinthe. GOD that stuff is just the worset but its funny because he was our saco but god. after that i stuck to the habu sake and beer never tried anything new after that curiousity didnt kill the cat but sure in hell made him puke and feel like crap the next day.

thewookie
10-11-07, 10:19 AM
anyone out there eat any bal-loot? Not sure how to spell it

Quinbo
10-11-07, 11:36 AM
We used to go to that club and shout bring on the coconut show ... bring on the pineapple show. Covey you aint the first Marine to eat one of those pieces of banana. Speaking of absinthe ... there was a club on the main drag of Kinville from the gate it would be down the hill and on the right hand side. They had a blanket for a door and played music so loud you could hear it on base and most of the inside was wall papered with dollar bills. I can't remember the name of it. Anyway they served a drink called a rainbow and absinthe was the top layer. You would start it on fire then clap your hands to put it out then drink it. Make you numb and dumb in a hurry. I liked the yakisoba more than the fried rice.

thewookie
10-11-07, 12:19 PM
he might be the first guy to admit it on the Internet, the world where everything is googleable, you might not want to apply for the Secret Service, son. Just kidding. Absinthe, that was the stuff, supposedly it had something illegal in it? There was a rumor, I dunno, I know the first time I did that stuff it was at Club Shangri la(sp?), it was that place as you came out of the main gate it was directly or straight ahead down the road into sinville, a real dive. You had to walk across some gang plank and then downstairs to talk to the idiot behind the the slotted door in order to get in. Any way as a nice new cherry boy, I eagerly did a shot of that stuff and right away, I left the table and went straight to the head. I ran/hustled into the head and in this place they had those old 5 foot tall individual p*ssers, the tall ones where you almost can't miss just gotta let it hang. Any way I came around the corner in the head and I spied a peice of porcelain and I just let it go, projectile vomited right into the hopper. I always did well on those target recognition & engagement drills! But being a good PFC and just like after you fall on a bike, I went out and had another one of those shots of absinthe and I felt fine that time, no problem,,haha. We never learn.

How about those chicken leg things they sold just outside the gate, those must have been the biggest chickens in the world, I mean the whole thigh leg bone things were huge, ain't no chickens that big, not unless they're on HGH or CGH (haha)

And the corn dogs, mmmm, good stuff, and the monkey meat (now I'm getting back to the PI)

How about Bull-loot, who had some of that, I did,,,,

bigdog21
10-11-07, 12:28 PM
I remember the rainbow my buddys face caught fire, he did not clap first to put the fire out. He just shot it fire and all. It was so freaking funny seeing him slapping himself. That was 23 years ago holly crap that was a long time ago. My brother (real brother) would find my buddy and me and walk us back to camp. Man I miss those days.

thewookie
10-11-07, 12:32 PM
There's always one guy who can't figure out that you have to put the fire out first, or he's too sh*tty. It's 15 years for me, since I was there and I can still remember it all, most of it.

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 12:32 PM
anyone remember california chicken outside the main gate of iwakuni? took forever to get it i think they butchered and friend the chicken there but probably the best damn chicken, though ive never been sober eating it so who knows.

Quinbo
10-11-07, 12:34 PM
I remember that club you are talking about wook. They used to have a snake show there. I don't know what kinda snake it was but it was a big freakin snake with it's lips sewed shut and the whole time the girl was dancing around with it it was trying like hell to bite her but it couldn't cause its lips were sewn shut.

thewookie
10-11-07, 12:36 PM
see that's the thing too, when did you ever eat anything off base sober? Not that often, maybe some TRC, but for the most part stuff you'd eat down those back alleys had to be cleansed with some alcohol.

Quinbo
10-11-07, 12:39 PM
What the heck was the name of that drink they had that came in a giant bowl with a bunch of straws. From the gate you would not go down the hill but take a right and there was a club right there that served it. It was $40 or something to order and was something like 5 gallons.

bigdog21
10-11-07, 12:39 PM
Drank some stuff called purple haze back then, the next morning it felt like someone took your brain out of your head and used it as a punching bag then put it back in your head.

thewookie
10-11-07, 12:40 PM
Sgt. Quinn, I know you ate some bull-loot? I don't want to describe it cause I might want to get married someday and my future wife might find this, but it was nasty. Ugh

Can the poolees see this post? Are they locked out of posts like this? What about the general public, can they stroll into this post or is it Marines only here?

Quinbo
10-11-07, 12:48 PM
Drank some stuff called purple haze back then, the next morning it felt like someone took your brain out of your head and used it as a punching bag then put it back in your head.

Holy cow the purple haze. Club on Gate 2 street served it and mamasan would play cards with you while you drank it. You feel just fine till you try to get out of your chair. Next morning you hopefully were talking to ralph otherwise you and ralph would be best friends at PT.

thewookie
10-11-07, 12:48 PM
What the heck was the name of that drink they had that came in a giant bowl with a bunch of straws. From the gate you would not go down the hill but take a right and there was a club right there that served it. It was $40 or something to order and was something like 5 gallons.

Was it a Scorpion bowl? I remember that club. We used to get wrecked on that bowl and then walk around being idiots, screwing with the Shore Patrol. Man did we get those poor SP guys mad at us a lot, they used to chase us, we'd yell "Ice cream", imagine that some Sailors chasing drunk Marines around sinville, what were they craaazy. But soon enough the base General got tired of hearing about it and assigned Marines from our battalion to "shore duty" with SP in sinville, to keep us in check, it didn't really work. How I wasn't busted for something back then is amazing to me!

Quinbo
10-11-07, 12:49 PM
Balute tasted like chicken soup except kinda crunchy. I'm gagging thinking of it ;)

thewookie
10-11-07, 12:54 PM
Balute tasted like chicken soup except kinda crunchy. I'm gagging thinking of it ;)

You got it, I knew you'd have a clue. Ugh, I had my first, and only encounter with it on green beach in PI, I was assigned as a driver for 1/3 STA (The Comm Hummer, w/ MRK 128 I was always with them, great guys) and I wanted to fit in so I volunteered to eat it, OMG. I'm done with that story,,,

Quinbo
10-11-07, 01:01 PM
You had to crack the shell on your tooth and then dump the whole works in your mouth .... chew and swallow. I said it was like eating a boiled mouse. Yummy LOL

bigdog21
10-11-07, 01:09 PM
Never did eat that stuff, smell was bad and it just looked bad. Hey do they still have mamasan in the squad bays? We must have had the ugliest one in Camp Hansen.

Quinbo
10-11-07, 01:31 PM
We'll re-live the phillipenes later but do you recall a resturaunt in kinville.... you went down the hill and took a left... it was an italian resturaunt owned by a retired Marine Msgt .... they had the best food ever.

thewookie
10-11-07, 01:31 PM
You had to crack the shell on your tooth and then dump the whole works in your mouth .... chew and swallow. I said it was like eating a boiled mouse. Yummy LOL

I didn't get that hip pocket class, I sucked it out of a hole no bigger then the size of a pencil eraser. Filthy nasty stuff

And bigdog, you mean the grass ninja's? We didn't have any mamsans that I remember in the barracks in Oki, but we had a few nice little house mouses in PI. Man they used to put a nasty crease in my jeans right in the front, the cowboys (Marines from down south) loved it but I didn't really like the look. They could spit shine boots like nobody I've ever seen. We used to pour diesel on them to see if they could make them shine (diesel on boots doesn't polish very well, almost never until you find a house mouse:)

bigdog21
10-11-07, 01:43 PM
Sorry wookie you might be right but all I can remember is calling them mamasan. This is a freaking great sight! Love talking to fellow Marines!

Quinbo
10-11-07, 01:50 PM
Possibly before your time wook but we had a mamasan and a sew sew lady in every barracks. Mamasan did laundry and sew sew could patch anything and tailor all uniforms ... I think it was a dollar a day for mamasan and 5 bucks for any kind of sewing with sew sew. Somewhere along the lines it was discovered that you give mammasan 2 pairs of blue jeans and get one back perfectly pressed and washed the other one went dissappear. They canked the mammasans soon after.

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 01:55 PM
Possibly before your time wook but we had a mamasan and a sew sew lady in every barracks. Mamasan did laundry and sew sew could patch anything and tailor all uniforms ... I think it was a dollar a day for mamasan and 5 bucks for any kind of sewing with sew sew. Somewhere along the lines it was discovered that you give mammasan 2 pairs of blue jeans and get one back perfectly pressed and washed the other one went dissappear. They canked the mammasans soon after.

well hell i feel jipped now about not having some of those. :cry:

bigdog21
10-11-07, 02:00 PM
They did do a hell of a job on the uniforms! Stiff as a 2x4

Quinbo
10-11-07, 02:05 PM
Sew Sew could even cut the buttons off of your cammie trousers and sew the pockets down as perfectly pressed. Cut the sleeves off your cammies and put a perfect roll on there then sew it down. Dress blues she could put on liberty cuffs. Lift the fold on your sleeve then put an extra button so you could fold it back then embroider dragons or mermaids or EGA or whatever you wanted underneath .... you could fold it back and button to display your liberty cuffs.

thewookie
10-11-07, 02:06 PM

You know come to think of it I think I remember them now, they stuffed those ladies or whomever into a small gear locker room in the barracks. And they ran it out of there, yeah I remember. I don't remember the laundry lady in Oki but I remember the sewing lady, they called her sew sew, right? "Go see sew sew Marine and UnFock your uniforms" , I think I heard that!

bigdog21
10-11-07, 02:17 PM
Beer machines loved those beer machines!

thewookie
10-11-07, 02:46 PM
I hated but loved the company GySgt. They could really screw with you but they also had that fatherly thing about them, some of them. Well, my 2nd pump the big hit thing to buy out in sinville to...

Osotogary
10-11-07, 03:28 PM
Never had Bahloot but have seen it's contents (fermented chicken egg, although I have heard that ducks are used as well.)
Had some Dinaquan(blood pudding, usually pork) at a Filipino wedding.
Kind of ate it at the persuation of the host. Didn't want to insult the host. Didn't want to get stuck.

bigdog21
10-11-07, 03:49 PM
Our 1stsgt of E co was a mean little cuss. We had a junk on the bunk inspection for our Blt comander who was at the time LTCol Pace. 1st Sgt was on his last tour and wanted to have a little fun with some of his Marines. He was the last one in the inspection line and he stoped right in front of me nose to nose. He said there was a spot on my brass and he wanted to fix it, he fixed it all right. A fist in the gut, not hard but hard enough to get your attention. I did nothing just looked at him and smiled. When the inspection was over he came over to me again and asked if I was OK and like a dumb a** I said yes and sure enough he did it again. He just walked away laughing his A** off!. Hell I miss that 1stSgt!

Covey_Rider
10-11-07, 04:36 PM

Not sure if they used to call it something different or not...but right now their called party bowls. Something like 14 different types of liqueurs in the bowl. First time I did one I was done for, now it's just fruit punch lol. Gotta love kin.

Quinbo
10-11-07, 05:12 PM
I have searched but can't find the T-shirt I had with the recipe for Mojo ... it was cherry brandy ... beer.... pineapple juice .... rum ... orange juice ... vodka ... Who knows what else ...
I need to track that shirt down.

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 05:50 PM
my buddy who went to msg we made trash can punch and had a keg in the head.

Quinbo
10-11-07, 05:53 PM
Beer machines loved those beer machines!

The beer Machine in the barracks was stuck on Dr. Pepper ... if you didn't know ahead of time about this and started shovelling quarters in you were getting a Dr. Pepper no matter what. The trick was to hold down the miller lite button while stuffing change in then you got a beer instead a can of carbonated prune juice.

Quinbo
10-11-07, 06:01 PM
That reminds me ... that same machine if you put a single nickle in and pressed a button you got a drink ... beer pop whatever. Put a quarter in and you had to put 3 more quarters in to get your beverage of choice. I think it had been rocked one too many times and was finally bolted to the floor.

Quinbo
10-11-07, 06:03 PM
Back to the Philipenes ... if you watch closely in Full Metal Jacket during the scene where the guy gets his camera stolen you will recognize downtown Olongapo city. They replaced the statue with a traffic cop for the movie.

sparkie
10-11-07, 06:26 PM
Too bad,,, I have a beautiful story of Kin Ville That I can't tell here. Had to do with the nite before I left, Oh, Well.;]

thewookie
10-11-07, 07:40 PM
I have searched but can't find the T-shirt I had with the recipe for Mojo ... it was cherry brandy ... beer.... pineapple juice .... rum ... orange juice ... vodka ... Who knows what else ...
I need to track that shirt down.

I swear to God I have or had that same shirt also, came from the crows nest in PI? I think I bought one or something, I had one. Or O somehow remember the shirt had some type of crow on it? I know I had it, I probably lost it in a fire but your on track with what you said. Man that stuff was crazy, I almost forgot about the mojo, whew.

Marine84
10-11-07, 07:47 PM
I might be older but, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought "NO HE DID NOT!" cause even I know about the banana shows, then saw how fast this thread grew in a little over 12 hours and all I have to say is .......................you bunch of heathern a$$, nasty mthrfkrs! (And I'm saying this while sitting here laughing my a$$ off) Geez, Covey! There are just some things you don't tell......................and ESPECIALLY if she was the same ho that's STILL standing by the gate................."waiting for GI to come home".

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! BLEH! I'm convinced, some of you will put anything in your mouthes.

Marine84
10-11-07, 07:50 PM
Favorite Tshirt I got in Iwakuni at Charlie Brown's - Charlie Brown is hittin' Lucy from behind and saying on the Tshirt says "she was buns up and squealing CHARLIE BROWN'S PART II - don't ask what the Part II was supposed to be.

thewookie
10-11-07, 07:52 PM
Back to the Philipenes ... if you watch closely in Full Metal Jacket during the scene where the guy gets his camera stolen you will recognize downtown Olongapo city. They replaced the statue with a traffic cop for the movie.

That was Ma sigh sigh Blvd (sp) right? I remember, when you walked across the sh*t river and took a right you were on Gordon Street, if you stayed straight that was Ma sigh sigh? Won't ever forget those streets. Some of the back alleys I couldn't always tell where I was, but on those two streets it was like I was back on the block. Man I love being able to remember some of that stuff with people. I can't really talk about that place much around here, except my buddy Josh who was there also. You had or have to be there (and I still don't know if it's the same place with the base closed in Ologapo, is something in Manila still open?) I know the ships pull in but,,, well you have to go to really understand. I always said I was like Donald Trump with $20 bucks in my hand. $20 bucks was a lot of pescos that went a long way! Every night of course! There are some stories from green beach when I traded and orange for a,,,favor. Or a bag of M&M's in Bario for lots of favors, those MRE M&M's all stale and stuff, wow. I have to be careful!!!! hahaha

thewookie
10-11-07, 07:54 PM
I might be older but, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought "NO HE DID NOT!" cause even I know about the banana shows, then saw how fast this thread grew in a little over 12 hours and all I have to say is .......................you bunch of heathern a$$, nasty mthrfkrs! (And I'm saying this while sitting here laughing my a$$ off) Geez, Covey! There are just some things you don't tell......................and ESPECIALLY if she was the same ho that's STILL standing by the gate................."waiting for GI to come home".

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! BLEH! I'm convinced, some of you will put anything in your mouthes.

Seriously, Covey you got issues

sparkie
10-11-07, 07:57 PM
Remember Wookie.. None of us can say it all. Most of that place never existed,,,;]

Marine84
10-11-07, 07:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Did your buddies start gagging? They probably all talked you into it anyway didn't they? You have been initiated Covey!

thewookie
10-11-07, 08:01 PM
I have a great, well, it's really not great but it's a conversation starter when I'm in shorts. I got tatotoed in PI by Dom David, supposedly he was a big time artist/celeb during Vietnam, maybe some of the older guys remember the name? It was suppoosed to be a 10" dragon, but I was sha-hit-faced and it ended up looking like a Gecko, it's on my upper thigh. But the best part or the braging right is in the fact that he did it with bamboo, one by one, dot by dot, that was his style and the "legend". (or so they told me) I can't begin to tell you how much it hurt but I was slamming down Sam Miguels and by the time he was done I was bleeding and so drunk that I could care less. My buddy Josh that I've mentioned before he got BFD on the underside of his lip, so when he flips his lip down it reads BFD- Big Fuzking Deal His wife loves it when he shows off that one, good conversation starter for boring family events!

sparkie
10-11-07, 08:01 PM
Some things just slide right down. Funny,,, my wife came home last nite and had bought Bananna Split fixins, Me and my son had a great time. Until this mornin and this thread.

sparkie
10-11-07, 08:08 PM
Still got it all here. Peanuts, Hot chocholate, Banannas, Chockolate swirl ice creme, whipped creme,strawberry jam. You want some? Might change the taste in your mouth.

Covey_Rider
10-11-07, 08:19 PM
I realize that I should not have shared this...however I knew that it would either make somebody throw up or it would put a smile on your faces just remember all the good times overseas. So it was worth it...

However in my defense...I had run out of money and needed cab money to get back to base and the crowd got together $50 for me to go up on stage...Went broke that weekend taking out a Marine who didn't have any money and all he did was watch movies in the barracks. So I felt bad and wanted to show him a good time. Snorkling during the day, and partying all over the island all weekend.

sparkie
10-11-07, 08:22 PM
Covey,,, I'm smilin.

semperfi170
10-11-07, 08:34 PM
Baloots and San Miquel made a great combination in the PI. The club to go to was Marilyns up on the 3rd floor.:evilgrin:

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 08:39 PM

uhm weren tyou the lowest on the totem poll when ordie kisses were happening???

semperfi170
10-11-07, 08:41 PM
Just wondering if any of y'all remember handjob Hannah in Iwakuni? I remember going by an alley in the bar district and usually seeing her there with some young Marine doing her thing w/him. Even remember hearing about one dumbass actually living with her for awhile. :sick:

killerinstinct
10-11-07, 08:43 PM
speaking im still wanting to see what my gunny and top always talked about a girl popping balloons from across the room. havent found that looked all over too

thewookie
10-11-07, 08:58 PM
Baloots and San Miquel made a great combination in the PI. The club to go to was Marilyns up on the 3rd floor.:evilgrin:

See, only a Gunny would know about the places on the 3rd floor, all my days there, ninety glorious days, and I never thought to go to the third floor. I'm a boot. Semper Fi Gunny!

thewookie
10-11-07, 09:03 PM
speaking im still wanting to see what my gunny and top always talked about a girl popping balloons from across the room. havent found that looked all over too

I think that's, (although I never saw it), but a show when she uses her thingy to shoot darts at the balloons, something like that? I'm just guessing based on some of the other "sports" over there that girls used that thing for, god bless them. I'm not having anymore beer tonight,,,,

ForeverMarine
10-11-07, 10:22 PM
any of you lucky Marines (and your lucky if you know what i am talking about) went and did cobra gold and spent time in thailand? Pattaya beach? bangkok? haha.....now that is some crazy ace sh!t.......

thewookie
10-11-07, 10:30 PM
AIDS

1 word for me

I got asked if I was interested in going on my second pump, I was a salty Corporal so they actually "asked" me. But I heard the AIDS ratio was 9/10 or some high number like that and I decided no thank you because I wasn't playing Russian roulette anymore. Guy's went there, I think it was tartan eagle or cobra gold and I remember a bunch came back with clap of the yap, but no one to my knowledge got the hives.

ForeverMarine
10-11-07, 10:45 PM
I knew of one person that got the clap....and thats bc he was a crazy bastard....they told us to stay off the streets....only go into the bars....those girls in the bars have test cards haha...but he was like screw that...the girls onthe street are cheaper.....haha but he paid for that the hard way I guess....

but no....it was a badace time..just gotta know what you were doin...I was with a Sgt of mine that did MSG there...so he took us to all the outstanding places.....

LeonardLawrence
10-11-07, 10:57 PM
Covey,
No! Say it isn't true! ;) I am smiling, but think I threw up a little in my mouth as well....

lol at Purple Haze...the main ingredients are opium and embalming fluid are they not? I didn't participate!

Quinbo
10-12-07, 12:09 AM
I think it was absinthe and fermaldihyde. Couple of them made you feel like superman and as said early the next day you felt like your brain had been ran over by a truck and replaced with scrambled eggs.

LeonardLawrence
10-12-07, 12:36 AM
Formaldehyde...

Used in embalming fluids, making particle boards and veneers, etc, etc.

I remember we were warned away from it, because it might cause a urinalysis issue, but can't remember if the warning was the Formaldehyde...or opium now. I tried to do a google, but only came up with warm and fuzzy drinks, that do a disservice to the Okinawa drink.

Thank Bulkyker for jogging the memory.

Quinbo
10-12-07, 01:06 AM
One ice cube of questionable origins in it . Tasted like black licorice.

Quinbo
10-12-07, 01:18 AM
I believe the OB beer in Korea and the Redhorse beer in the Philipenes both contained Formaldehyde. The warning was that absinthe was made using some kind of opiate but I never saw anyone pop on the pee pee test from drinking it.

yellowwing
10-12-07, 01:36 AM
Exported absinthe has the wormwood but not the opiate.

I tried a shot at a local bar one night. A bar light was shining right down on it. The chit looked like glowng Kryptonite! And opiate or not, it still kicked my azz! :sick:

Marine84
10-12-07, 07:45 AM
Yeah..............they should have known that when they tell children NOT to do something - the first thing they do is go out and TRY it. I did the same thing with the absinthe - they told us we would pop positive on the pop quiz because of it but, I wanted to try it and see what it would do. I STILL to this day have no recollection of how I got all the way to MY room in the barracks that night.

Memories.....................or lack of - HAHAHAHA!

bigdog21
10-12-07, 12:35 PM
There was this one bar in town You had to go up some stairs it was on the left side and down the hill a little bit. They had this large bottle and I meen large bottle on the floor behind the bar. I asked the mamasan what was in it she said it was stronger then sake and that it was not for me. WHAT THE! So yes you guessed it told her to give me a shot, you talk about fire holly crap that hurt. An hour went by and my buddy tells her to get another shot. Don't know how we got back but the fire watch was not very happy with us. Seems that my buddy and I missed the bowl a few times when we where tried to get that stuff out of us.

thewookie
10-12-07, 12:49 PM
Yeah..............they should have known that when they tell children NOT to do something - the first thing they do is go out and TRY it. I did the same thing with the absinthe - they told us we would pop positive on the pop quiz because of it but, I wanted to try it and see what it would do. I STILL to this day have no recollection of how I got all the way to MY room in the barracks that night.

Memories.....................or lack of - HAHAHAHA!

That's it opium, they said don't drink the absinthe because you'd pop. And my first drink was absinthe. They told us the first night in Oki not to go off base because we didn't have a SOFA brief, so I was off base by sundown that night drinking absinthe,haha

Quinbo
10-12-07, 03:26 PM
My 4th and final trip to Oki I went out on the town one night and returned to discover my door was locked and I had no key. I vigorously and loudly pounded on the door shouting at the top of my lungs Symcheck you better open this door before I stomp a mud hole in you. I made more noise than a herd of elephants in there and the duty came down to see what the problem was. I was angry and stupid drunk and raising enough hell to wake the dead. I finally went around back and took the screen out and got in my room. No Symcheck in sight. No wonder he didn't answer the door LOL. Hour or so later I'm awakened by some guy pounding on the door kicking the walls shouting at the top of his lungs Quinn open this ****ing door or I'm gonna pound a mud hole in you. You guessed it .... Symcheck. We kept the duty very busy that night.

Quinbo
10-12-07, 03:42 PM
The next morning .... maybe 3 hours later in formation headed for training in Guam the plt Sgt said you march em and then the lieutenant said sing cadance too. There is no way I had slept off that much alcohol but ok. Yo righty Lo ... I said your left your left your left right left. Brain is freaking pounding. Put us on a C-130 and gave me a bucket.

thewookie
10-12-07, 04:10 PM
While I was in PI the only real rule was to be home in time and ready to make the daily pt, usually a run from the lower to upper MEF camp. No cinderella libo or anything stupid like that, just be back in the AM to make the run, simple. Well, let me tell you what an azzkicker those runs were, plus the smell that came off the back off the platoon was horrible. Wow. I remember many times when I didn't think I could make it, and then I'd hear someone yell, "get in the vehicle and you get no libo tonight", and somehow, I would make the run, everyone did. I was there right after Mt. Pinatubo went off, a month or so later, that was crazy, the soot/ash was 2 feet deep in most area's. And then I made the bonehead move of volunteering for JEST. When the mountain blew the soot was so deep in the jungle that it had dropped all, or a lot of the triple canopy jungle above because of the weight of the soot and ash. That made that school even more hell. But the libo was the best! It was all worth it!

I have to go to a bar and get sha-hit-faced and watch my Red Sox whoop some Indian tail! Go Sox!

Quinbo
10-12-07, 04:30 PM
Reminds of a term maybe only used in infantry. Swoop .... when you got a swoop it was early libbo.

Marine84
10-12-07, 06:05 PM
I have to go to a bar and get sha-hit-faced and watch my Red Sox whoop some Indian tail! Go Sox!

I got the BEST seat in the house....................my couch. Plenty to drink, gonna order out for some Chinese food here shortly and kick back and watch the game.

Later boys................

Quinbo
10-12-07, 09:57 PM
At times chatting about the good ole days is fun. Can we relive Perth now?

thewookie
10-12-07, 09:59 PM

? Perth

Marine84
10-12-07, 10:08 PM
? Perth

Sounds like somebody with a good buzz on wanting to go alllllllllllllll the way back to his birth(?) maybe? ;)

semperfi170
10-12-07, 10:29 PM
Sounds like somebody with a good buzz on wanting to go alllllllllllllll the way back to his birth(?) maybe? ;)

Who the h**l needs a buzz to do that? I always thought it was just a natural thing to do to have more fun! Besides, as long as it wasn't Suzie Rottencrotch it is always worth checking out! :evilgrin:

By the way Bulkyker, we were using "swoop" back in 69 to describe a long distance liberty run from Cherry Point!

thewookie
10-12-07, 10:32 PM

Did anyone mention Australia trips in here, maybe he's asleep at the board? Hey, hello, have another:beer: hehe

Phantom Blooper
10-13-07, 12:45 AM
Covey, you can consider yourself a warrior and veteran of the 2007 Banana Wars.

One day you may go down in history with the likes of:

Smedley Butler
John A. Lejeune
Chesty Puller

What more can you ask for except another $50 bucks :beer:

:banana:

sparkie
10-13-07, 11:24 AM
The latest naturalized citizen of the Bannana Republic. I wonder,,, any other citizens out there?

thewookie
10-13-07, 03:13 PM
Found myself looking through some stuff today, hope this works,,,

thewookie
10-13-07, 03:27 PM
this place was on "Ma sigh sigh blvd" in Olongapoe, you cherry boy, you want drink, you have figh dolla?

See how a few of the girls have numbers one them, I have numba 1, I swear to god, I'll get a picture of it!!!!

You told mama san which numba and she told you how much

BLT 1/3 MT December 1992

**This pic has been a little damaged, but I can get used to posting some pics now that I'm all digital,, look out

Semper Fi

Go Sox

thewookie
10-13-07, 04:10 PM
:)

sparkie
10-14-07, 07:38 AM
How many piles of salt where on the doorsteps of the bar you inhabited in Kin Ville? Were you ever told why? Question is for all who were there.

thewookie
10-14-07, 12:46 PM
I hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments recently with regards to the pilipenes, any wives :angel: girlfriends;) ,dependants:beer: , or other family members who may be of that fine ethnicity. My comments were wrong and inappropriate and I do not condone, nor do I still engage in wild sex parties and 3Somes and casual sex with unknown participants, or for that matter, frankly, (and I NEVER did this) pay for sex with any females met in other countries while serving my country. I black out a lot when drinking?

I have no kids, zero STD's, none, because I always made love with a glove.

That's all

Carry on

thewookie
10-14-07, 01:02 PM
You have hunny co? You have den dolla? You butterfly? Den dolla all the way.

I got a hold on this girl like Jesse Ventura did with the old WWF heavyweight championship belt. Notice no drink on the table yet and she already got me paying for a drinky. Cherry boy. This was club Metalica upstairs. The club was just outside the gate on left, upstairs.

You got figh dolla GI, okay I gonna make you holla

**"Everything" is disclosed up front and all activies, positions and sports performed were consensual, and in keeping with the highest standards set forth.**