PDA

View Full Version : Been a while

V65racer
10-10-07, 06:41 PM
I've been dealing with the ups and downs of life, yet something happened I wasn't expecting. Back in 1985 my wiife gave me a son, unfortunately, as things go, the marriage didn't last, and eventually I lost contact altogether, I've always kept my contact info out in the open, just in case........

One day the phone rings, a young man wants to know if he can ask me a few questions, I agree. After he was done asking and getting answers, he sighed, "I guess you are my dad"
Turned out he'd enlisted in the army, was stationed at Fort Bragg, and knew I was in NC somewhere. Ft Bragg is only a few hours away, I hit the road that evening. He was 9 that last time I'd sen him, he was a bit taller than I remember. I brought hime home, he met his new brother and sister, and my wife, and I was still in a daze. We managed to see each other for a while over the next few months, and then for his birthday the Army sent him to Afghanistan. He's been gone 8 months now, and our contact is infrequent, now I know how my dad felt. But he's doing okay, and I should see him again in 8 more months. It's a strange feeling, albeit a happy one.

Just figured I'd catch y'all up.

GySgtRet
10-10-07, 07:02 PM
It makes me feel good to see something positive come out of a negative like this one. Try and keep touch as much as possible. I am speaking from experience.

:flag:

Semper Fi
Gunny out

thedrifter
10-10-07, 07:09 PM
It makes me feel good to see something positive come out of a negative like this one. Try and keep touch as much as possible. I am speaking from experience.

:flag:

Semper Fi
Gunny out

I have to agree....

It great to hear sories like this...

Ellie