PDA

View Full Version : Marine Sues Local Studio Over Injury

thedrifter
10-10-07, 08:01 AM
Marine Sues Local Studio Over Injury
Incident Occured During Filming At Miramar

UPDATED: 8:49 pm PDT October 9, 2007

SAN DIEGO -- A former Marine from Nashville has filed a civil lawsuit against Stu Segall Productions after he says he was left scarred while filming a training exercise at Miramar.

www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow/news/14305626/detail.html

Jesse Klingler said his leg was wounded while playing the part of a captured Marine at Camp Elliot, East Miramar on Sept. 18, 2004. It's a role he volunteered for, but now said he regrets.

"My hands were tied together behind my back and my feet were duct-taped as if I was a prisoner," Klinger told WSMV, NBC 7/39's sister station in Nashville.

Klingler said an actor named Ali Mohammed "Rocky" Mohsen placed an AK-47, loaded with blanks, against his skin during a mock interrogation. Klingler said he was shot with a blank in his leg. The impact left a hole a half-dollar size and an inch deep in his thigh.

"I immediately rolled on my right side, trying to escape, because I knew that I was in trouble at that time. I was trying to wiggle and do anything I could to get as much attention drawn to the situation as I could,” said Klingler.

The wound was treated, but Klingler's suit claims he suffered post-traumatic stress from the incident as well as complications from the injury, including constant pain and cysts on his scar tissue.

Klingler said he wants the best training for Marines but has concerns over untrained civilians being involved. The actor was a member of Stu Segall's acting crew that had been contracted by the Marines to provide "hyper-realistic" training.

Klingler is asking for more than $1 million for care and pain and suffering, according to his father, in the suit which names both the production company and Moshen.

A Marrine Corps spokesman told NBC 7/39 they did not have information on the incident. But in an official report, supplied by the Klingler familiy, the military's investigation into the case said they did not believe the act was malicious. But officials said under no circumstances should a Marine be bound, gag and left defenseless.

The documents also said the military was unable to obtain a statement from Moshen, who was laid off "immediately" by Stu Segall Productions following the incident.

NBC 7/39 contacted Stu Segall Productions for comment, but one has not yet been received.

Klingler is expected to return to San Diego Saturday for the trial, which begins Oct. 15.

Ellie