PDA

View Full Version : GyG'sMailbag: Marine Mom/Inquiry-Request...

GyGUSMCRet
04-01-03, 01:12 PM
Please respond directly to....
maryellen_salzano@yahoo.com

Re
Dear Sir,

Thank you....hard reading, hard hearing, hard knowing this...I will pass this along to my son...and others..

If I hear of a need of our troops, may I let you know, or if I have a question, may I ask you?

Sincerely,,,and I will only ask when I have tried a gazzillion other channels first.

Re
Dear Richard,

I received this letter last week, and another with the same sort of information from a completely different source..which makes me feel it is a legitimate need, but want to verify all before we get our community behind this.

Chris Vossmer sent it to OperationYellowribbon.org, whom Steve and I have worked closely with.

If you have any contacts that can get us further information that will definitely verify the need, and that the items will be going straight to our wounded, that would be wonderful..

As the Mother of a Marine, I need to get my energies out by being very pro responsive...and getting our troops the supplies they need as quickly and efficiently as possible, so I have no qualms about giving people "the opportunity to be of service."

Thanks and hope you or your long arms of contacts over the many years, and webpages, can help our wounded by getting needed supplies to them.

My phones are 408 779 6916 and 408 489 0911...just so you know I am authentic and my signatures are way down at the bottom of this page.

Steve Kudo <steve@tscorp.com> wrote:
To: "MaryEllen"
Subject: Fw: Troops need help!
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:04:53 -0800

----- Original Message -----
To: jared@OperationYellowRibbon.org
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 10:47 AM
Subject: Troops need help!

I am Technical Sergeant Chris D. Vossmer, USAF, station at Ramstein AB, Germany. I am also the Quartermaster for Kaiserslautern Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10614. I found your site the other day and LOVE IT!!! I have even posted it as a link from our post web page!

I am writing unfortunately not to provide support, at this time, but to request support!

We are the hub for all dead and wounded military members. Prior to them returning home they pass through Ramstein and Landstuhl Medical Center for treatment. VFW Post 10614 is addressing the problems of clothing and necessities that these troops need while they receive care in the area. Many show up only in medical gowns with no clothes or necessities. We are coordinating an effort to support these troops through the Friends of Family Support who have organized many non-profit organization for this combined effort of helping these folks in need! According to their by laws they can not solicit funds or support from out side agencies. I have taken it upon myself with support of my post to coordinate this effort!

I am not sure if you can help us but any gesture will be greatly appreciated! If you feel that you can help our cause please let me know and I will get back with you with all of the details!

Cordially,
Chris D. Vossmer
An active duty Veteran....still serving!

Blessings,

Re

Mary Ellen Salzano <maryellen_salzano@yahoo.com>

To :
Richard Gaines <gunnyg@hotmail.com>

Subject :
Re: A Marine Mom,,,not spam

Date :
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:24:50 -0800 (PST)

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Printer Friendly Version

Wow....I am in the presence of greatness then....thank you for answering...The latest I read was the Lesson Unlearned and your notes also..

One thing that I would love to know, and need the inside skivvy on, so I can pass it to my Marine Moms...online and others...what do our troops need NOW that are deployed that are sand storm protection...any particular brands, or items. Hrd candy is fine...and nice...but I want our guys and gals to have the items of comfort that they need...to stay safe..such as panty hose for their M_16's...

Plus I am researching a need that has come my way,,,,and I am a resource person...always trying to find people that I can make a link with...so when a huge need comes up, I/we can get it filled. Talk thru my puter has it that our wounded that are in G...have nothing but medical gowns and are in need of everything...So..Iam trying to verify if this is true....and if I wanted to get my community behind taking care of undies, socks, t-shirts, toiletries, etc. NOW how do I do this. Plus, the largest expense of any care pack is shipping...how can we get around this if we are dealing with 300 + that need things now.

Thanks and hope this makes sense...

Richard Gaines <gunnyg@hotmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your e-mail--appreciated!

I have to ask--what is it of mine that you seem to have read?

I have well over 100+ webpages out there, so I am not at all sure just what
you are referring to.

If you have questions I will try to pass them on to someone who has the
answers, via my messageboards and e=mail--I retired from the Corps in 1972,
and much of this new lingo and stuff goes right by me too....

Please respond directly t0o....
maryellen_salzano@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Best
DickG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~