PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pace for president

thedrifter
10-04-07, 01:56 PM
Peter Pace for president
Posted: October 4, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Don't you like a thoughtful straight shooter?

Wouldn't it be nice to have as a choice for president in 2008 a seasoned military man who says what he believes?

Don't you just have to love the candor and honesty of Gen. Peter Pace, the retiring chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?

I can tell you he shook up Washington last week when he repeated his view that homosexual acts are immoral, are "counter to God's law" and should not be condoned in the U.S. military.

"Bigot!" some spectators shouted at a hearing of the Senate Appropriations Committee, which, ostensibly, was considering the Pentagon's 2008 war spending request.

It all came up when Sem Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, said he found Pace's previous remarks on the subject "very hurtful" and "very demoralizing" to homosexuals serving in the military. Harkin said he wanted to give Pace a chance to amend his remarks in light of his imminent retirement.

What Pace had said last March wasn't exactly controversial in my eyes: "I do not believe the United States is well served by a policy that says it is OK to be immoral in any way."

"It's a matter of leadership, and we have to be careful what we say," claimed Harkin.

Pace responded to Harkin by pointing out the U.S. Military Code of Justice prohibits homosexual activity as well as adultery.

"Well, then, maybe we should change that," said Harkin.

Which of these two men do you think better personifies the word "leadership"?

Do you think Harkin is being a leader when he kowtows to the homosexual agenda and activists? Or do you think he is being a follower?

Listen to the way Pace conducted himself on this issue – better, I think, than any politician I've heard: "Are there wonderful Americans who happen to be homosexual serving in the military? Yes. We need to be very precise, then, about what I said wearing my stars and being very conscious of it. And that is, very simply, that we should respect those who want to serve the nation, but not, through the law of the land, condone activity that, in my upbringing, is counter to God's law."

The reaction from protesters was so strong the hearing room had to be cleared.

But when the hearing resumed, Pace didn't back down, saying he would oppose efforts to wink at both adultery and homosexual activity in the U.S. military.

Hallelujah!

Isn't that thoroughly refreshing?

You know Pace speaks for the vast majority of Americas on this issue, but most today would be too intimidated by the forces of political correctness to say it so forcefully and unflinchingly.

But say it we must.

For those of us who actually take the Bible and our Christian and Jewish faiths seriously, we must stand up for what is right in God's eyes.

That is clear in both the Hebrew laws and the New Testament words of Jesus and Paul.

Some politicians, like Harkin, would rather be on the side of the popular culture than the side of Bible. Many would rather go along with the crowd than stand up for eternal principles. Most would rather avoid the subject altogether.

And that's why I wish a good man like Peter Pace would consider serving his country one more time – not in uniform, but as commander in chief.

Is it too late for 2008?

How about a draft Peter Pace movement?

I don't know where he stands on the other major issues of the day, but he is clearly a man of courage and conviction. And that's a good start.

Ellie

GySgtRet
10-04-07, 03:12 PM
a straight shooter! The nation would be in SHOCK. I would vote for General Pace in a heart beat, I would also take a bullet for him. He is the truest sense of the word a Marine's Marine.

:flag:

LeonardLawrence
10-04-07, 03:45 PM
I am in. A write in campaign?:thumbup:

jetdawgg
10-04-07, 04:21 PM
He kept us out of Iran:usmc:

bigdog21
10-04-07, 05:21 PM
Served with him in 84-85 with 2/1, I was in E Co 1st platoon. He was a Lt.Col then, seen him out in the field with us more then once, he loved his Marines. Asking how are you doing how things back home are and how is the training going. He would have my vote in a heart beat. I had the honor of being in the honor guard when the Commandant of the Marine Corps made a visit to Okinawa. Lt.Col Pace came up to us after it was over and told us we did an outstanding job. When the Commanding Officer of 2/1 tells you that you have done an outstanding job you know you would go to war with him in a heart beat, that’s how much he cared about us, face to face. He is one hell of a Marine.

3077India
10-04-07, 06:32 PM
He kept us out of Iran:usmc:That sounds like a campaign slogan.:p