PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Conservatives...........

crate78
10-03-07, 02:34 PM
This will blow all of the conservative minds on this forum. (Mine included)

My wife and I are going to DC later this month to visit our daughter. We've talked about getting a tour of the Capitol. Turns out our daughter, who's a Democrat, has a friend who works for Sen. Ted Kennedy. So--apparently she's going to arrange for a tour of the Capitol by an intern who works in Kennedy's office.

Guess it's the end result, not the means.

We're also going to catch the new Marine Corps museum while we're there.

crate

mrbsox
10-03-07, 03:33 PM
Fair winds and following seas on the trip.
The museum is awe inspiring.

And maybe you can convince an intern.. to turn.

Phantom Blooper
10-03-07, 04:33 PM
Gene.

About 4 years ago I went to Washington and met with my district congressman about the Beirut Stamp Initiative. My first cousin is a lawyer in DC and was handling the behind the scenes before I arrived and my cause,pro-bono. We were driven in a chauffeured limousine to the capital steps and was served coffee in little china cups. After the meeting we were given a tour of the of the capitol by one of the aides in the office. It was very informative an interesting. Everyone was very helpful in answering any questions.While there ask them if you would like to get a flag that was flown over the capitol. It may cost you a few bucks or they may give it to you as a goodwill gesture to get you to turn over to Teddy boy.

As long as the mission at hand is accomplished it makes no difference how it is executed.:beer:

yellowwing
10-03-07, 04:48 PM
Maybe you will run into our Brother GYSGTRet (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=300), he's active in the Marine Corps Museum.

GySgtRet
10-03-07, 04:55 PM
Do you know when exactly you will be in DC and possibly going to the museum? I work there on Sundays. Not all Sundays though. Hope to see you and yours there. I am always at the front desk. Hope to see you there.

Semper Fi

crate78
10-03-07, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately, we won't be in DC over a Sunday. We'll be there from Tuesday, the 22nd to Saturday, the 27th.

Our daughter was born on my wife's birthday, October 26, and they decided they wanted to celebrate their birthdays together. We're not sure yet what day we'll go to the museum.

Also, I want to go to a live jazz performance while in DC. I'm taking a class in History of American Jazz Music at the University of Nebraska this semester, and during the course of the semester we're required to attend four live jazz performances and turn in a review. The timing is right, and I figured it would blow the professor's mind if I turned one in from DC.

Blues Alley is a jazz hotspot in DC, but it's also pretty pricey. Our daughter is checking options.

At least we'll have cheap digs this trip. We usually stay at a Days Inn at 4400 Connecticut because it's clean, reasonable, and in the middle of where we want to be, but another friend of Amy's is in a "use or lose" situation on some time-share time on a condo in Alexandria. It's a feebie since she'd lose the time if she didn't use it anyway. Amy's apartment isn't big enough for the three of us to co-exist peacefully for five days.

crate

fastgrunt
10-03-07, 07:20 PM
ive been to the Marine Corps museum and its worth sending a whole day therre and i think the family will like it too have fun.