PDA

View Full Version : Game Time.

firstsgtmike
04-01-03, 01:09 AM
Let's Play!

This game was suggested by the headlines and stories appearing in newspapers around the world. You know the one's I mean: "Women and Children Shot at Checkpoint." (U.S. kills seven women and children when the van they were riding in refused to stop".) I've read variations of it in 23 different newspapers.

Let's play Checkpoint. It's a computer game.

The rules are simple. We stand at the checkpoint together, me with a .45, round chambered, hammer back, aimed at your head. Vehicles arrive at the checkpoint. Most stop, are inspected and passed through. Seven will refuse to stop. One will have innocent women and children in it. The other six will contain hit squads and suicide squads with orders to blow up the checkpoint.

You have the obligation to determine the proper response to each of these seven gatecrashers.

If you open fire on the vehicle with the women and children, you will be immediately arrested and charged with the murder of innocent women and children.

If you choose NOT to open fire, and the vehicle contains terrorists, I will blow you brains out, as they would have if the situation was real. Then I will call up the next player.

IF you survive all seven incursions, you will receive the same reward as those checkpoint checkers receive in real life. You will live again to play again, tomorrow.

Sign up here, the line forms to the right, one at a time please, no pushing or shoving. I have enough bullets for all contestants.

Barndog
04-01-03, 03:00 AM
/Me hands Top more cases of .45 rounds (not computer simulated )

/Me sends out Force Recon teams of Marines to Destroy Printing Factories of newspapers who unfactually printed said story in the primary. (not computer simulated)

/Me calls in Slicks and Snakes for probable close air support from HMLA-267. (not computer simulated)

Any Questions?

firstsgtmike
04-01-03, 04:44 AM
Barndog,

I forgot to mention.

The game is played on MY computer, and the smell of cordite does not bother me.

Neither does brains splattered on walls.

If enough people sign up for the game, I MAY accept your offer to resupply .45 rounds.

"Blessed are the peacemakers .............................

Art Petersn
04-01-03, 05:52 AM
I agree with the way the marines handeled the situation. The only problem is the marines will have to live with it the rest of the lives. That's not fair.

mrbsox
04-01-03, 05:03 PM
FirstSgt.... you are the 'GAME' master.

Sign me up, no problems. I see a simple plan to it.

Look at the basics.

I am responsible for the condition of the check point, which protects YOU, me, AND my fellow MARINES.

I am a MARINE. I will fullfill my responsibility.

The rules state that WHEN I 'stop' the vehicle with women and children, I will be arrested, and charged with murder.

Better to be tried (in court) by 12, than carried by 6.

And, as an added bonus, no one will have to visit my wife, she will not receive a flag, I will NOT receive a postumous medal, AND, MY buddies, or you, will not have to carry my casket.

I could live with that. It's a matter of perspective.

Semper Fi.

Barndog
04-01-03, 05:15 PM
Again, Marines have to live with the ramifications of the politicians making the decisions for them. Command and Control?

Where?

End of story.