PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Marines

Accord
10-02-07, 07:23 PM
Any current or former Embassy Marines on here? I'm planning on going on embassy duty after I get back from our deployment and have a few questions.

yellowwing
10-03-07, 04:08 AM
In El Toro an Embassy Captain came and talked to about 150 of us. It was a free extra formation but most of us were genuinely curious. I think about a dozen of us stuck around to ask questions.

I have no idea how many applied. The Good Sir took the time to answer all my questions and We decided it wasn't a match.

What I remember was that I asked a few questions, he answered and he started his line of questions for me. An on the spot interview.

I answered honestly and truthfully and found out that I was a Good Marine but did not measure up to the be one of twenty in far reaches of America.

My PT and Pro and Cons were superior but there was something I was missing that was essential to his job.

Maybe you will have it, and maybe one of our Brothers will clue you in. Better Luck To You! Semper Fi! :usmc:

Accord
10-03-07, 09:14 AM
From what i've heard they're desperate for embassy Marines right now and so long as you're eligible for a TS security clearance, can pass the PFT, and look good in uniform they'll accept you. I know it used to be Cpl and above but they need more Marines so bad that it's now LCpl and above.

Few questions for any embassy Marines:

What is the school like? How much trigger time do you get? Do they have a lot of useless inspections? How much of the school is academic in a classroom setting? Lot's of exams?

S/F

jinelson
10-03-07, 10:03 AM
John you would make an outstanding embassy Marine, but you have to focus on your deployment because your knowlege will be tested to the maximum. There is no doubt in my military mind that you will lead from the front and bring your Marines home. God bless you brother and thank you for what you do so well.

OORAH!!!

Jim

Quinbo
10-03-07, 12:24 PM
After you stand guard duty or duty NCO a few times try to picture yourself doing nothing but for 2 years. One of my best friends had been on MSG and his cammies looked brand new because he never wore them. He was on his third set of gaberdines because they had worn out. Graduating MSG adds 100 points to your cutting score so is almost an automatic promotion. A TS clearance opens the door to many things in the civilian world.

DWG
10-03-07, 01:19 PM
I understand you have to stop eating spaghetti with your hands and scratching your a$$ to qualify also! You up to the challenge?:D :banana:

yellowwing
10-03-07, 01:30 PM
I understand you have to stop eating spaghetti with your hands and scratching your a$$ to qualify also! You up to the challenge?:D :banana:
Dangit, maybe that's what I missed! :banana:

DWG
10-03-07, 02:25 PM
Dangit, maybe that's what I missed! :banana:

That, and walking around with Canadian bacon in your pockets!:D

huey guns
10-05-07, 09:29 PM
DWG, thats funny right there.

Ironrider
10-06-07, 12:49 AM
I was with the MSG Detachments in Islamabad abd Lisbon, but that was nigh on ta 25 years ago, I imagine things have changed a bit...:marine: