PDA

View Full Version : California Gangin' On Marines...

thedrifter
10-01-07, 04:41 PM
California Gangin' On Marines...
Posted By The Wolf

When.
Will.
It.
Stop.???????

Recent postings to some blogs HERE and HERE have another bad episode for Marines in California. Seems that some that were in transit to Hawaii were NOT welcome in Oakland...

On September 27th 204 Marines and soldiers who were returning from Iraq were not allowed into the passenger terminal at Oakland International Airport.Instead they had to deplane about 400 yards away from the terminal where the extra baggage trailers were located.

More after the jump....

When will SOMEONE put the brakes on California? Are there ANY gonads left in that state? Anyone with any sense of patriotism and the 'Right Stuff'?

I own an airline- I understand what restrictions, regulations, and procedures are necessary for security. NOTHING that went on here was insurmountable at the airport to deny these gentlemen (and ladies, I assume) access to the terminal.

Yes, the charter company could have helped here a LOT. But, as they indicate at JFK airport, Oakland certainly could have made some gestures.

Of course, they did not. Only excuses. As usual.

US Military personnel and airports do not good relations make- one episode that STILL bothers me is at the Dallas airport, where TSA was stripping an entire planeload of soldiers on RnR leave to their pants and socks in order to go thru security to get to the USO while we waited. 240 troops, in line at the security, 15 steps from the USO, debased. People in line (civilians) also told TSA to hand them weapons and let them on THEIR flights- they'd feel safer!

Stripping soldiers IN UNIFORM at these checkpoints was disgusting to watch. I'll admit, even the TSA manager whom I spoke with was not comfortable with it, but that was his job, he said.

Now, throw in California politics...

It must be the weather out there...

-Wolf

Spitting on the Marines [Michael Ledeen]

corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Mjk1NDAxMWZjNDhhODI2Mjc5Nzk1MWMzNWIyYTI0NjY=

Oakland Airport to U.S. Marines: You're Not Worthy

www.ocblog.net/ocblog/2007/09/oakland-airport.html

Ellie

jetdawgg
10-01-07, 05:49 PM
And Marines post here about they are not losing any rights and that they don't have anything to hide.

This is riduculous and so are the thoughts about not losing any rights:mad: :usmc:

Scottyva
10-01-07, 09:20 PM
I am glad that i am not in California anymore. Those of us who have served are getting crapped on once again. Having the MARINES Debark a plane and not letting them in the Terminal?? It makes me wonder what in the Hell they are teaching the youth of the country these days!

sgt tony
10-01-07, 11:07 PM
I am so mad that they would do this to any service man/woman. I think we need to get on the phone and ask that all federal funding be pulled and we should move all military bases from this sink hole.

Haffner
10-02-07, 12:34 AM
**** yeah! **** California in it's pot smoking, illegal immigrant protecting ass. **** you, illegals. **** you, petitioning for free college for your kids...what in the **** did you do to deserve it? Illegally came into this country right before you popped one out to get a green card, while some wait YEARS (gladly and willingly) in line.

**** everything about California.

Excuse my language, it's just this has been a thought on my mind for weeks now and it just hit home reading this thread. Everywhere I go, I have to see some damn anti troop/war protestors (whether currently protesting or not) or some pussy sand in crotch ***** wearing a shirt saying, "Iraqi war veteran against the war, the president, and all the USA stands for" (see 'em in Hollywood alot).

While I'm at it, **** you, Schwarzenegger. There is absolutely no reason why you are not terminating these wimpy girrrrly men, with their long hair and flabalanches. You kicked the crap out of a liquid metal robot, why can't you do that to hippies and illegals :(

END RANT!

erased
10-02-07, 01:28 AM
@Haffner: Are you calling IVAW pussies?

Anyhow, when I was on my way to Iraq last time, we stopped in Goose Bay, Canada. We went into the terminal, got some food, hung out, and got a standing ovation as we made our way back to the plane. I guess Canadians support our troops more than our own citizens.

thedrifter
10-02-07, 06:28 AM
Soldiers denied airport access
By Olena Rubin
KHON 2 Honolulu

Hawaii based marines returning from Iraq made a stop over at Oakland international airport last Thursday, but were denied access into the public terminal.

Soldiers hoped to deplane and find the comforts of using the restroom, internet and meet with family and friends who were waiting to welcome them back. Instead, they were asked to exit 400 yards away from the terminal…where the extra baggage trailers are located.

204 Hawaii based marines returned home from Iraq on Thursday... after a long and rigorous deployment. A chartered flight on North American Airlines carried the soldiers from JFK to Oakland international airport where they waited for two-and-a-half hours...hundreds of yards away from the terminal.

“In Orlando when the soldiers are coming home they are allowed to get off the flights there families are right there waiting for them,” says Deanna Tackett, visiting from Florida.

On this stop-over they had also hoped to see loved ones, as well as utilize the restroom and terminal facilities.

“Here at Oakland we need to make sure the passengers who come into our terminals have been screened per TSA standards,” says Rosemary Barnes, Oakland airport spokesperson.

Although the soldiers had already been through U.S. Customs screening and military quarantine the soldiers were not allowed to leave. Airport officials say they were not informed the soldiers wanted to deplane and utilize public areas.

“A matter of a miscommunication with what the desired service was,” says Barnes.

It was a miscommunication between the ground handling company, Hilltop Aviation, and the airport. Oakland officials say Hilltop did not inform them the soldiers would be deplaning and meeting with family.

“These soldiers are there to protect us in our world we live in today and we should be there to support them and say hey welcome home why sequester them like they are animals or something,” continues Tackett.

"We are currently looking into the situation and we are gathering as much information as we can in order to fully understand what happened,” says Officials at the Kaneohe Marine Corps Base

Oakland international airport says they try to go out of their way to provide the best service for military personnel and their families. They did not mean for the events that took place to be interpreted as disrespectful.

Story Updated: Oct 1, 2007 at 6:18 PM HDT

Ellie

LeonardLawrence
10-02-07, 03:54 PM
I am so mad that they would do this to any service man/woman. I think we need to get on the phone and ask that all federal funding be pulled and we should move all military bases from this sink hole.

Advise residents, relocate bases and let the bombing begin. Talk about enemies, foreign or domestic!:p

jahhead88
10-02-07, 09:16 PM
Well well well. Treat the soldiers like crap, but say you support the war. I came through Oakland Airport in 1989 and cleared customs. Funny thing; I remember being treated like cattle and hearded into an area and not being able to do much of anything. Treated like crap would be a better word.

TSA standards

T- Treat all military members with contempt
S- S*** on them by refusing to let them in the terminal
A- Avoid responsibility and blame everything on a miscommunication.

CHOPPER7199
10-02-07, 10:25 PM
Wtf. To ****ed To Post.

yellowwing
10-03-07, 03:08 AM
Why is this thread title hanging it on California. Both new stories point to Homeland Security and the TSA, nothing about California. Talk to Secretary Chertoff about it.

There's enough honest news to hang California and San Francisco without this kind of 'journalism'.

MarineNCO
10-03-07, 06:56 AM
Why is this thread title hanging it on California. Both new stories point to Homeland Security and the TSA, nothing about California. Talk to Secretary Chertoff about it.

There's enough honest news to hang California and San Francisco without this kind of 'journalism'.

The California Governor could step in and quash alot of BS that goes on there. But he does not. I have been on this earth for 33 years now. I have noticed the slow and sure degradation of moral values in our society (United States). Most of it is due to those in power not exercising that power or else exercising it in the wrong manner. One good case is S.F. and not allowing the Marines to film a commercial when such things are done all the time.

TSA does fall under federal regulations and guidelines. When you have a person sitting there looking at "the book" and reading it word for word and being inflexibile then that person needs to be fired. We need to sometimes work by the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law.

That being said: Barring those that are worth a tinker's damn, CA can fall into the ocean for all I care.

jahhead88
10-03-07, 08:23 AM
I concur.

Old Marine
10-03-07, 09:08 AM
Maybe a "Dungaree Liberty" is in order for some of the cities in California.

yellowwing
10-03-07, 09:24 AM
From what I've read Ole Sarge don't even like Rice Roni! :banana:

jinelson
10-03-07, 09:33 AM
by yellowwing - From what I've read Ole Sarge don't even like Rice Roni!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/froglaffing.gif

Good one wing!

Jim

oldtop
10-03-07, 09:38 AM
Sounds like the same kind of garbage that was being pulled on returning Vietnam Vets after 1967because the "powers that be" were afraid that those homicidal maniacs that chose to serve instead of running away might take some form of action against the droves of war protesters that hung out in the airports to greet returning servicemen with baloons full of pi$$, cans of dog food, bags of shi*, and warm signs of greeting, like Baby Killer, etc.
These a$$holes SO want to be a part of the 60's generation that they will try anything. Too bad that they really dont have a clue.

RVHall
10-03-07, 10:27 AM
[quote=thedrifter]California Gangin' On Marines...
Posted By The Wolf

"was not comfortable with it, but that was his job, he said."

One thing the Marine Corps taught you is to do what is right. Since becoming a civilian in 1969, I've quit two jobs where I was told to do something I didn't think was right. The excuse that it is your job doesn't fly with me.

I'm with the dungaree liberty comment, although we called it "utility" liberty. Guess that isn't PC, so we can't go there.

jahhead88
10-03-07, 10:33 AM
Isn't it amazing the fact that most of these protesters want the right to free expression, so they'll do things like vandalize the Vietnam Memorial. But if you throw a bag of p*** at them, or call them names, they're so outraged.

I read somewhere that Cindy Sheehan got all beside herself due to the counter protesters that were interrupting her vigil at the presidents ranch in TX. Yet, she can disrupt proceedings at Congress.

I can protest you, but don't you dare protest me or I'll cry that my rights are violated. I'll say I support the troops but treat them like s***.

FistFu68
10-03-07, 12:45 PM
:evilgrin: LOVED THE 60'S COURT SYSTEM,AND POLICE OFFICER'S;YOU COULD CRACK A MOTHER FUCER'S HEAD!!!FOR DISREPECTING YOU,AND THE UNIFORM;OR LIKE ME.JUST FOR EYEBALLING ME THE WRONG WAY,AND THE SYSTEM WOULD TREAT YOU LIKE A HERO.(LMAO)NO CHIT,THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING?:mad: :flag:

jahhead88
10-03-07, 02:50 PM
It's not the time's that are changing. All of the potsmokers in the 60's have reproduced and passed their ideals on to their children and grandchildren.

booksbenji
10-03-07, 03:11 PM
Marines Barred From Filming Commercial on Streets of San Francisco
Tuesday, September 25, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
AP

Sept. 24: A member of the U.S. Marine Corps stands at attention in New York's Times Square for the filming of a Marine Corps commercial.
Sept. 24: A member of the U.S. Marine Corps stands at attention in New York's Times Square for the filming of a Marine Corps commercial.
They're the strong and the proud, but the Marines aren't free to stand on the streets of San Francisco.

The Silent Drill Platoon of the U.S. Marine Corps wasn't allowed to be filmed Sept. 11 on California Street in San Francisco for a segment of its new advertising campaign, a Marine spokesman told FOXNews.com.

Instead, the elite group took its austere display to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area for the final segment of its "America's Marines" TV commercial. The group is on a two-month nationwide tour as part of the campaign.

Stefanie Coyote, the executive director of the San Francisco Film Commission, the group that denied the permit, was unavailable for comment Tuesday. Her office referred calls to San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom's press office, which did not immediately return a request for comment.

Coyote told KGO-TV that "traffic control was the issue."

Click here to read KGO-TV's report.

The film commission did allow the Marines' production unit to film the street without Marines. They'll be superimposed in the spot, KGO-TV reports.

Meanwhile, the Silent Drill Platoon continued its campaign, filming a portion of the commercial Monday in New York's Times Square during the early morning rush hour.

The platoon is documenting its journey on the Web site www.Our.Marines.com and plans to film portions of the commercial in Sligo, Ky., on Oct. 6, in the Grand Canyon and at Hoover Dam on Oct. 22 and in the Rocky Mountains on Oct. 30, according to the group's online schedule. The public is invited to attend.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298039,00.html

A response:

SAN FRANCISCO
By Neal Boortz
Sept. 27, 2006

Look, I love the city. It's wonderful. Earlier this year Belinda and I spent a week there broadcasting from the studios of our San Francisco affiliate 860 AM KRTB. We look forward to coming back for some more live broadcasts in the very near future. Hey ... I even lived in San Francisco for a while when I was a mere rug rat.

And just why did I live in San Francisco? Because my father was working there for a short time. My father - the United States Marine.

Now you know where I'm going with this. San Francisco - its public officials, not its people - has flipped off the United States Marine Corps. San Francisco has just delivered an insult to every man and woman who ever has or who ever will wear the dress blues of a United States Marine.

The Marines, you see, wanted to do some filming on San Francisco's California Street for a Marine recruitment commercial. On Monday of this week the Marine's Silent Drill Platoon did some of their filming at Times Square in New York City. The obvious goal here is to show these Marines on the streets of America's great cities.

Did I say great cities?

In order to film on California Street the Marines needed the permission of the San Francisco Film Commission. That means they needed the permission of the commission's executive director Stephanie Coyote. Stephanie Coyote used to be Stephanie Pleet ... then she married the ultra-leftist and anti-capitalist Peter Coyote. That's right ... a Hollywood left couple.

When the Marines made their request to film on a San Francisco street Miss Stephanie said "No way." Oh, she did give the Marines permission to film, just so long as there were not any actual Marines in the video. When the media came forward to ask her why the snub, she wouldn't talk. Then some of her handlers obviously told her that she had to come up with some sort of an excuse ... so she did. Traffic.

Now here's the part I can't say on the air. Traffic? Horse s h i t.

Stephanie Coyote is a radical left-winger who has a searing hatred for the American military. She pals around with the likes of Sean Penn and is married to a left-wing moonbat who writes articles lamenting his failure to do more to reign in capitalism.

San Francisco has a rich military history. Who knows how many American men and women passed under the Golden Gate on Navy ships during World War II? As they sailed into the Pacific their last glimpse of the country they loved would have been a fog shrouded San Francisco. Tens of thousands of these people never came back. Tens of thousands more longed for the day they would stand on the deck of another troop ship and see that same Golden Gate coming out of the fog to welcome them back.

What kind of a welcome do they get now? They get slapped in the face by some military-hating leftist Hollywood type who, thanks to Mayor Gavin Newsome, finds herself in a position of some power.

The Marines? They take Stephanie's snub in stride .. and proceed to film in areas where her hatred can't reach them. :mad: :mad:

jahhead88
10-03-07, 04:56 PM
Let me see if I get this; the Marines are allowed to make a video but their can't beal real Marines in the video. Make sense. Then of course theire the traffic. Hmm.

Didn't San Francisco always have traffic? And then of course their's that great intellectual giant from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Colors, and other various movies. Oh, talk about another cruel irony Tim Robbins, whatever, of Susan Sarandon played a RIO in the movie Top Gun. You know it's funny how life imitates art. In Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Sean Penn played a bonehead pot user, and in life he is a bonehead.

Sean Penn gave an interview one time. He said he talked with a lot of troops on the ground in Iraq. The reported of all things:

1. Getting shot at. (Well, I never knew such things could happen in a war zone)

2. The troops missed their families. Another obvious inciteful statement. ( Wait a minute my father had something like that happen to him in World War Two, he told me he missed his parents when he was in Europe)

3. It's hot over there in Iraq. The most brilliant intellectual conclusion of them all. Imagine that, hot in the desert. I never knew that could happen.

4. Iraqi's have been shot. Another brilliant pronouncement. Yes apparently they weren't tickled, Iraqi's were shot.

5. People are dying. Yes, another great pronouncement. People dying in a war zone. Hmmmm. Wait, my uncle who fought in the Pacific during World War Two described something similar to this happening; people dying.

Mrs Coyote Ugly and her liberal friends are so inciteful. And now, they come up with the most brilliant of all pronouncements, you can make a Marine video, but you can't use real Marines.

Yes, that's right. Do you want to film your Marine Corps recruiting video in San Francisco? Don't use real Marines. Bad for the environment.

Instead use our new bonafied 100% immitation, I'm full of liberal horses*** Marines instead. They are organically grown with the freshest cuts of pure bulls*** we can find. Yes we've brainwashed them from birth to make them politically correct, to love nature, and to attend the University of Liberalmania, chaired by Dr. Sean Penn.

Yes, these imitation Marines don't look like the real thing.
They haven't been through MCRD San Diego or Parris Island.
They have no bearing, respect or values.
They do not use foul words such as: Honor, Courage or Committment (the worst of them all)

But don't worry, we'll just put a set of dress blues on them.
Place their heads up their butt,
and we'll think we've accomplished something.
We'll even come up with lame excuses like traffic problems.

In all likelihood we're trafficking illegal narcotics but that's besides the point.

Yes, try out these new 100% non real Marines, guaranteed to spread liberal bulls*** everywhere. And wait what's better than their own song:

From the halls of universal studios;
to my head up Sean Penn's ass.
I sit around the camp fire
With Susan Sarandon smoking grass.
I'm San Francisco's pride and joy,
I'm a real pain in the ass.
Don't tell me about honor,
it doesn't mean a thing.
I'm a 100% fake Marine,
Patricia Coyote's newest thing.