PDA

View Full Version : ever notice how one thing will keep us from doing anything!!!!!

usmc85204
09-28-07, 02:44 PM
Just got to wonderin' , and started to notice how nothing seems to get done in this country lately. And while listening instead of talking I began to notice something. Americans seem to be to be anchored to one thing that keeps them from accomplishing anything. Your a Democrat, I am a Repbulican...now that we know that we cannot accomplish anything else because party is so important it eclipses all else...Your a Christian, I am not.. Well that ends us working together. your pro life Iam pro choice, done in again. I have no answer for this, just noticed the pattern. One thing seems to be enough to stop us from doing anything. How do Democrats,Republicans,Christians, non-christians,Pro lifers and Pro choicers , get over this block and realize we have to work together on other things like health care, taxes,the support of our troops.How do we go back to starting with we are human beings who need to band together to get things done. Sorry, old grunt gets to wondering at times. Have no answers, just wanted to pop out a thought Semper Fi

SlingerDun
09-28-07, 03:55 PM
Tribe and clan mentality it's been around forever.

Natives of the plains held off raiding and kicking each others asses long enough to gather and dole out a few whippings to the U.S. Army and Cavalry then dispersed, were displaced and with them the horse culture of the mountains and plains was gone.

Lawrence's nomadic Arab buddies united and fought back the Ottoman Turks. When these Bedouins conquered Damascus, once again the tribes could not agree on much and split.

Overwhelming odds or at the least, matters of serious concern that hit home, and hard times is what momentarily unites the masses, the rest is fluff. The way i see it,

--->Dave