thedrifter
03-31-03, 08:53 AM
Posted on Sun, Mar. 30, 2003 <br />
<br />
Marine reservist says he can't kill <br />
By Brandon Bailey <br />
Mercury News <br />
<br />
After joining the Marines and going through boot camp last year, Lance Cpl. Stephen Funk...

Sgt Sostand
03-31-03, 11:14 AM
That a bunch of Bull S*** he went chicken and jump ship he know what he was doing he sign up for the Marines what did he think the Marines was the Club Scouts

Phantom Blooper
03-31-03, 11:32 AM
As I said in other posts NO one in their right mind likes to kill.....we knew when we signed up,or were drafted it was a distinct possibility that we might have to.This bird is again added to the growing list of cowards and turncoats!!I knew and now know Cub Scouts that have more groin muscles than these pukes! Semper-Fi

DSchmitke
03-31-03, 12:04 PM
This puke needs to be court martialed for missing movement.

JChristin
03-31-03, 12:18 PM
Take the letter "n" in his last name, change it to "c" and add "ed" to the ending, and that will fit him fine.

semper fi,
jchristin

Super Dave
03-31-03, 12:24 PM
Send his a** to Baghdad. My daughter is graduating from Parris Island on April, 11th and she is more of a man than he is!!

Sgt Sostand
03-31-03, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Super Dave
Send his a** to Baghdad. My daughter is graduating from Parris Island on April, 11th and she is more of a man than he is!! Ya Dave i bet he join the Marine reservist for school or something not think a war was going to start i bet he was looking for something free

usmcwf83
03-31-03, 12:52 PM
My hubby's squadron trains reserves and there is one trying this, too. I was under the impression there had to be a history of pacifism for it to be considered. Didn't think you could decide after you had signed on the line....that you suddenly are against war whenever it inconveniently comes up!
Amazing.....

Barrio_rat
03-31-03, 12:59 PM
Personally, I don't have a problem with consciensious objectors. To each their own - I'll just hold a light on 'em if they show themselves to be hypocrites (eg, a someone threatens their family and they still say it's better to lose the family member than for them to take the life of the purpotrator). The problem I have with many of these situations, even in the military - I'll give 'em that they can 'change their mind' or have a 'revalation' - what erks me is these ones that wait until their is a conflict before they either show how they feel or have the change of heart. If they had heart, they'd stand up when this 'revalation' came to 'em and then go to their S-1 to have it documented. Stand up for your rights - don't hide behind them.

Super Dave
03-31-03, 01:16 PM
If they are consciensious objectors why would they join the Marines. They seem to "forget" what the job on the Marine Corp is:
1. To seize of defend advanced naval bases and to conduct such land operations as may be essential to the prosecution of a naval campaign.

2. To provide detachments and organizations for service in armed vessels of the Navy or for protection of naval property on naval stations and bases.

3. To develop, with the other Armed Forces, the tactics, techniques, and equipment employed by landing forces in amphibious operations.

4. To train and equip, as required, Marine forces for airborne operations.

5. To develop, with the other Armed Forces, doctrine, procedures, and equipment of interest to the Marine Corps for airborne operations which are not provided for by the Army.

6. To be able to expand from peacetime components to meet the needs of war in accordance with mobilization plans.

Armory
03-31-03, 04:03 PM
I edited out all the bull**** and inserted real thoughts and feelings:

After joining the Marines and going through boot camp last year, Lance Cpl. Stephen Funk realized he could only shoot marksmen and wouldn't be all that effective during wartime.

And when his San Jose-based Marine reserve company received orders to deploy for possible war last month, Funk decided to run and cry to his mother. The only one to truely understand what a pvssy he is.

``I don't want people to be making the same mistakes I did,'' said Funk, who is working with Bay Area anti-war activists to publicize his decision. ``If everyone was a conscientious objector, we'd all live under Hitler's Rule now, wouldn't that be swell.''

Thorough process

The procedures are rigorous: An applicant must submit a detailed letter explaining how he/she got sand in their clit.

When his activation orders came in mid-February, Funk said he "Began to feel an urge to cry" and "Had a strange yellow rash growing up my spine".

Blah! What a puke!

SHOOTER1
03-31-03, 08:30 PM
Court Martial for AWOL, then find the dirtist job in the Corps, and leave him there till his enlistment is up and discharge under less than honerable condition. We dont need that kind of Rat in a...

Sparrowhawk
03-31-03, 08:54 PM
then to find out he is weak in battle, in the midst of a fire fight.

Let him stay home, don't need him in the field with Marines.

Sempers

firstsgtmike
04-01-03, 02:03 AM
Hawk,

You were a machine gunner. Knowing who and what he was, could your team have used an extra ammo carrier, even though he was unarmed? I think he would have been great in a forward listening post. When shots were fired, you'd know it wasn't him shooting at shadows.

thedrifter
04-01-03, 07:35 PM
Marine Hung On Public Display in Iraq <br />
<br />
Tue Apr 1, 3:49 PM ET <br />
<br />
By KIM CURTIS, Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
SAN JOSE, Calif. - With his sister carrying his duffel bag and his mother holding his...

MillRatUSMC
04-01-03, 07:52 PM
Been debating or thinking on this matter.
I for one would not want to saddle some NCO or unit with this burden (wanted to state something else)but we must be civil here.
But what do we do if everyone decided after swearing or affirming that oath of enlistment that they were against killing.
Our enemies will kill him regardless of his beliefs.
I would rather have serve 5 to 10 years at hard labor.
As a lesson to others wishing to take that same route.
This is a reason why many wanting to enlist should envision the responsbilities of that oath that they will swear or affirm to.
The pulling of the trigger get might easy after that first round fired at your person.
Done that!

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Kalbo
04-01-03, 08:39 PM
"They don't really advertise that they kill people," Funk said.

That's like a president not knowing what the word "If" means.

Semper Fi All,

Bill

wrbones
04-01-03, 08:46 PM
Let me shorten this up a bit....

"I signed the papers, but it's the recruiter's fault." ?????

I don't friggin' think so.

firstsgtmike
04-02-03, 12:56 AM
If I were there (in Iraq) I would be the first one to request that he be assigned to my unit. I would sign a guarantee that I would do NOTHING to jeopradize his convictions and his right to be a conscientious objector.

But, the first time he attempted to pick up a weapon and shoot back, would be an instant in time that I also guarantee he would remember for the rest of his life. A life which would be spent in an intensive care unit with round the clock nurses waiting for the brain scan moniter to straight line.

And I would insist, that all of his attendents be conscientious objectors. So none would even consider answering his prayers and help him take the easy way out.

On the other hand, he may be sincere. So my unit would have the services of an extra ammo carrier who does not appear of the T/O.

Life works best when you keep it simple.

leroy8541
04-02-03, 05:24 AM
I personnally wouldn't want this man in my squad at all!! There is enough doubt in everyone already, you never know if you can or not until there is a human in your crosshairs. He already knows that he can't, although I have my doubts that this is the case, more like an excuse. I figure most "conscientious objectors" would change their point of view once rounds started coming their way, or they seen their buddy hanging out for all to see they will realize that these soldiers aren't really soldiers at all they are terrorists and common criminals!! I have the utmost respect for all professional fighting men and women friend or foe, but these are not proffessional at all just common criminals! Therefore do not fall under the Geneva convention as combatants they fall under law of the land, cowards and murderers which buys the the death penalty!

Sgt Sostand
04-02-03, 06:30 PM
U.S. Army Pvt. Maranda Nichols, foreground, 18, from Vidalia, Ga., and Pfc. Leysha Williamson, 27, from Texas hold positions in foxholes during a dawn defensive alert Sunday at the forward base of...

lurchenstein
04-03-03, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE]After joining the Marines and going through boot camp last year, Lance Cpl. Stephen Funk realized he was an expert marksman who didn't want to kill. [/QUOT

Do our Marines still learn the Rifleman's Creed in bootcamp?
If you learn & understand it, can there be any doubt about what your rifle is for? If the Rifleman's Creed is "misunderstood", there is "This is my rifle, this my gun...":marine:

David Schultz
04-03-03, 07:03 AM
Send him to the front line to look for land mines on his hands and knees.

thedrifter
04-03-03, 08:00 AM
Gay US Marine refuses to fight <br />
<br />
&quot;My moral development has also been largely effected by the fact that I'm homosexual,&quot; Lance Cpl. Stephen Funk said in his application for conscientious objector...

Barrio_rat
04-03-03, 10:45 AM
&quot;I may not be a hero but I know it takes courage to disobey.&quot; <br />
<br />
I'd like to see him say that to Pvt Jessica Lynch and her family. Or to the families of all those serving in Iraq who've lost their...

Red Dragon
04-03-03, 01:25 PM
This so called man(?) doesn't rate to be called a Marine. I hope that the Marine Corps throws the book at him. Twenty years at hard labor at Portsmith and than a Dishonorable Discharge is what he...

Super Dave
04-03-03, 02:51 PM
He is such a PU**Y, He should have to stand in from of every Marine that returns from the war and kiss his A*S.

Super Dave
04-03-03, 02:52 PM
A coward is the one that disobeys.

Armory
04-03-03, 05:40 PM
Let's see.

Against War, Check
Thinks the military is evil, Check
Gay as hell, Check

Yup he's French!