PDA

View Full Version : Iraq vet plans to return his medals in protest

thedrifter
09-26-07, 07:47 AM
Iraq vet plans to return his medals in protest <br />
By Ryan J. Foley - The Associated Press <br />
Posted : Wednesday Sep 26, 2007 6:27:56 EDT <br />
<br />
MADISON, Wis. — An Iraq war veteran said Tuesday he is...

3077India
09-26-07, 08:04 AM
He must be taking his que from John Kerry.:nerd:

sassyred4953
09-26-07, 09:25 AM
It sounds more to me like he is angry he didn't get to fire his weapon. I'm sure he saw all there was to see guarding those bases and handing out ammunition during his tour so he is an expert judge as to whether we should or should not be there. He'll be joining ranks with Cindy Sheehan soon and will probably get a call and a handshake from our resident treasonous traitor John Kerry.

Joyce
:usmc:

Kegler300
09-26-07, 09:36 AM
A play right out of the sKerry playbook...and the LMSM is right there to report it...

Dave Coup
09-26-07, 09:55 AM
Another attention seeker. If a person wants to protest in that manner, fine. There's no need to broadcast it to the media unless you're looking for attention for yourself.

GunsUp
09-26-07, 10:46 AM
Let's see if he says anything about how the taxpayer's money was wasted in regards to funding his college, health care (especially if he ends up in some sort of drug treatment program), and ensuring his part in the security of this nation.

You know he'll be the first in line down at the VA saying he has PTSD and he deals with it by smoking pot and it's all the government's fault.

What a tard!!!

yellowwing
09-26-07, 01:11 PM
Returning the medals for one man's poor performance is idiotic and selfserving. Everyone else I've heard about wears them for their Brothers, even if they are dope smokers.

bootlace15
09-26-07, 01:21 PM
Army Strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bootlace15 Out

huey guns
09-30-07, 07:10 PM
Will he throw his or some fake ones like kerry did.

gwladgarwr
09-30-07, 08:04 PM
Returning the medals for one man's poor performance is idiotic and selfserving. Everyone else I've heard about wears them for their Brothers, even if they are dope smokers.

I may not have earned much (medal-wise) but I didn't join the Marine Corps and had the best moment of my life when I was pronounced a Marine thrown away to be cheapened when that Marine rejected his medals in protest of some political decision.

His only fault in thinking about returning his medals is that he still thinks about himself as an individual. There is nothing wrong with being an individual. However, his medals and decorations were granted to him because he ensured that others would survive to continue the mission. So, it wasn't all about him. He seems to think so.

However, he is free to do so if he so chooses. He deserves the right, more so than most Americans.

And, he is also free to disrespect the honor, the accomplishments, the contributions, and the sacrifices of those who came before and after him. Let him live with his innner conflict. I just know that his cheap theatrics is nothing more than self-serving, regardless of how justified his sentiments are.

Sgt gw:flag: