PDA

View Full Version : For all the Parents of Marines

NEWB
03-30-03, 09:11 PM
:marine: This was sent to me by the mother of a young MARINE in Iraq. Author Unknown:
Have you seen my son? He was here just a minute ago. He's that
scrawny, snaggled tooth kid with the scraped up knees. He was just out front - drying mud pies on the back of his dad's brand new Mazda!

Have you seen my son? He was that lanky kid with braces standing in
the church parking lot on Easter morning wearing highwater dress pants
because I forgot to check them the night before(he just wore them two weeks ago and they were fine!)

Have you seen my son? It's hard to tell what he looks like these days because he's usually bent over with his head stuck in the fridge or
leaning over the bathroom sink to see if there is anything on his chin to shave.

Anyone?

Have you seen my son? We didn't see him on his 19th birthday
because he was already on his way to boot camp(talked his recruiter into moving up his ship date). He said something to us about something he wanted to do before he started college??

Have you seen my son? He was that tall, handsome young man standing at attention in the back row wearing his uniform and new Eagle, Globe and Anchor pin on his cover. He was with a bunch of other guys who looked just as handsome. I know he was there - I've got it on video. Surely you saw him too.

Have you seen my son? I could swear I saw him rolling across my TV
screen in one of those 7 tons that he loves to drive. It's hard to tell on such a small screen..it's a little blurry(could be my watery eyes). All those guys look so much alike. So many young, proud faces and they all have that same determined, "Semper Fi" look in their eye.

So if you see him give him a hug for me and remind him how proud we
are of him. Tell him his mama is looking for him. It's almost dinner
time... and I'm ready for him to come home.

Godspeed brave Marines, God is in the Watch Tower and I will be
waiting at the door.

To each and every serviceman and servicewoman and family member who has served this country bravely, I salute you.