PDA

View Full Version : 03 Infantry

JChristin
03-30-03, 06:57 PM
03 Infantry,

Thank you for standing tall next to me this afternoon at the Pioneer Square in downtown Portland while I read the passage written by Bones.

You are going to make a fine Marine someday. You've got to - you're taller than me! Another feature that was most noticable, your posture and bearing while standing infront of that huge crowd.

Now, the entire metro are of Portland knows who you are. Thank you for coming down and joining with me.

semper fi,

jchristin

wrbones
03-30-03, 06:59 PM
Good! I'm glad you got a chance to visit with each other there! Face to face with another member of leatherneck must be pretty cool!

Now. Tell us all about it, JC!

03Infantry
03-30-03, 07:18 PM
It was good to meet you. That was a great rally and I was happy to see how many people support the troops. Thank you Mam!!!

gatormatt
03-30-03, 07:56 PM
is that passage on the site anywhere for the rest of us to read?

wrbones
03-30-03, 07:58 PM
One of the Marines who gave all in Iraq was either from the Portland area or had family there, I can't remeber right now.......

There will never be anything anyone can do to mitigate the loss of a loved one. All we can do is to be there. One thing to keep in mind, as high brow and prideful as it might seem, is that as a Marine, they'll never be forgotten. Individual names will fade with time, people will all leave us in time, and their memories will go with them when they move on to better things. We often say of fallen Marines, that they have gone on "To guard Heaven's Gates" or they've been "transferred to Chesty's command". We know where Marines go when they leave us. We drink to their memory. We remember our Brothers and Sisters. In time we will be gone, and our memories with us. Take this comfort with you as you mourn your losses. The United States Marine Corps will never be forgotten. Your Brothers and Sisters will therefore never be forgotten. Your Sons and Daughters will never be forgotten. Your Fathers and Mothers will never be forgotten.They have passed into the legend and myth that is the United States Marine Corps. They will be remembered with the likes of Pharaoh's Army, The Hordes of the Khan's, Alexander's Armies, the Legions of Rome. Other armed forces across the length of time will be remembered as being less than our equals. Your loved ones have been a part of something special. Something that cannot be readily conveyed by mere words. It is scant comfort in this present time, but it is a source of quiet pride to those who understand. A Marine will live forever. God will not abandon those who have been willing to sacrifice so much for others. Your son, and the sons and daughters of so many others will certainly never be forgotten, here on earth or before the throne of God. They are only words, but they are all I presently have to offer. Be at peace, Mother. Be at peace Father. Be you all at peace, for your family member will most certainly be guarding Heaven's Gates upon your own arrival there in the fullness of time. Semper Fidelis, Marine family. Be Proud.

gatormatt
03-30-03, 08:15 PM
WOW. very motivating and very true. you should send that to a chaplain or something and get them to say it, i think that must have comforted the parents greatly. Great job

Soon2BkidTx
03-30-03, 08:21 PM
When are yall coming to Houston...lol...i wanna meet every1...but i guess it will have to wait until i earn my title...I want this more than anything, and i pray every morning and night, that I will.....

03Infantry
03-30-03, 08:33 PM
You will Brian. You can tell by the way you talk that you have the heart.

03Infantry
03-30-03, 08:39 PM
Besides Brian if you don't none of us will talk to you again hahahaha!!!

Soon2BkidTx
03-30-03, 08:41 PM
LOL....well i know when worse gets to worse, i can turn to God everytime...and i know God, my Grandpa, and Uncle will give me the strength, plus ill think about all the people that have gone threw it and made it, and ill be like..."hell, i can do this! OOOH-RAAH!"

03Infantry
03-30-03, 08:47 PM
Think about all of us back here. Think about Wrbones kicking you in the butt every time you don't feel like running. Think of the Drifter pushing you up when you are doing pull ups. Think of Jchristin pushing your back everytime you do crunches. We are all behind you Brian......especially the Marines that I mentioned!!!

JChristin
03-30-03, 09:14 PM

It was especially wonderful to shake the hand of your father and grandfather. How proud they appear to be with you. Both their eyes full of pride for you. I am so glad you brought them with you. I'm sure, it help to serve as a barrier to not kick no anti-protesters booty! And with your muscle build and bearing, you could do the job well.

Bones, he will make a fine Marine, we've just got to keep him standing on line. And yap, it was great to meet another member of Leatherneck.com.

Trying to shout into a hand held megaphone while holding onto your passage and read from it at the same time was a test of endurance infront a crowd.

Thank goodness it was in the low 70's and a beauitful day.

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
03-30-03, 09:20 PM
Yeah I knew that was you when you stepped up Mam. My recruiters got my on line too but I could also use the extra help. Yeah before I joined the Marines I fought alot. Know I focus my time on weightlifting and preparing for the Marines. Yeah they are extremely proud of me. My Grandpa was with the army in Korea and I constantly thank him. I can't wait to attend another rally. I was glad to shake your hand. These complements coming from a Marine is like so awesome......you should see the smile I have. I hope I make everyone, including myself proud as a Marine.
Matt

JChristin
04-04-03, 10:29 PM
Hey 03,

there been some schuttlebutt about you over in the "morning coffee" forum.

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
04-11-03, 12:31 PM
go figure. What did they say Mam. I'm in california so I have not checked that in awhile.

JChristin
04-11-03, 09:36 PM
Well now 03,

That's right, you in that state south of Oregon. Well now, hope you are having fun in the sun, we had some up here today. Almost rusted.

Yeah, the scoop has been dished about you 03, over on pages 103-104 at Sgt. Pap's Place in the Morning Coffee section. Just take a deep breath before visiting those unruly Marines over there.

I figure you have remain constant with your physcial training. If not, drop and give me 50. All the time repeating your 11 general orders.

as you were,

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
04-12-03, 01:26 AM
The minute you said that mam I did just that (pushups while saying my general orders). I read those things in the forum and I am so................that was just really cool. I have wanted to be a Marine since I was a kid.........it is like having you hero talk good about you. Well since my head is getting so big I better do some more pushups Mam.
Matt

JChristin
04-18-03, 03:40 AM
Matt,

How many days until your send off?

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
04-18-03, 08:34 AM
59 Mam and counting. Me and 4 other guys are all going on June 16th.....we are gonna go under the buddy system.....we are all 03 infantry too.

CaptRon
04-19-03, 01:37 AM
Bones-

The Marine that died in Iraq was Capt Contreras-he was another of my friends that was lost in Iraq (we're up to 5 now). He was an OCS mate of mine, and another of my buddies was the one that accompanied the body home for the memorial and funeral; I talked to him last week and needless to say we were all low in spirit, but not in determination.

Aaron was a deeply religious and good natured guy. He had a great sense of humor, and believe it or not got away with jokin' and smokin' with the DIs (OCS loosens up more so than boot camp towards the end). He always made us have that "don't let the DI see you smile" smile. I lost track of him after OCS, but often thought back on his humor as one of the good things about OCS.

Thanks to all the folks in Portland who helped comfort his family, and 03Infantry, I hope to meet you in the fleet some day.

-Capt ROn

03Infantry
04-19-03, 01:48 AM
I hope to meet you sir. I'm sorry about your lost........ it is always sad when Marines die...........especially friends. I want to meet all you Marines in the fleet.............I have to go to bootcamp first though. Thank you all for the support
Matt

JChristin
04-19-03, 02:03 AM
Capt. Ron,

I can empathize with your thoughts about lost of friends. Back in 83' I knew a couple of the Marines who gave their lives in Beirut. It was momentarily crippling, to actually realize - to digest what that type of lose actually represents to oneself, and then to others.

Can you repeat your general backwards from 11 to 1? Have the grade structure down to an art yet? What's your running time?

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
04-19-03, 02:09 AM
Yes Mam, by grade structure do you mean ranks? If you do yes I do mam. My 3 mile is 23 minutes. I need to work on the Mission of the Marine Corps and the Code of Conduct.

03Infantry
04-19-03, 03:49 PM
TO ALL US POOLEES AND THOSE MARINES: IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS LINK http://ron.keller.name/Blessed/RollCall.html IT IS ON A FORUM. I SUGGEST ALL US GO TO THIS SITE AND SIGN THE PRAYER BOOK FOR THOSE THAT HAVE GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE