PDA

View Full Version : Marines Denied Permission To Film Commercial

thedrifter
09-25-07, 04:46 AM
Marines Denied Permission To Film Commercial
On The Streets Of San Francisco
By Dan Noyes

SAN FRANCISCO, Sep. 24, 2007 (KGO) - New York said "yes," but we said "no." Why were the U.S. Marines denied permission to film a recruiting commercial on the streets of San Francisco?

San Francisco is, once again, the center of a controversy over how city leaders treat the U.S. military. This time, it involves an elite group of Marines who wanted to film a recruitment commercial in San Francisco on the anniversary of 9/11.

The tension has been building in the two weeks since the city turned away members of the Silent Drill Platoon, and it boiled over Monday afternoon at a meeting of the San Francisco Film Commission.

The U.S. Marine Silent Drill Platoon performed Monday morning in New York's Times Square. They filmed part of a recruitment commercial through the start of the morning rush hour -- something they could not do in San Francisco on the anniversary of 9/11.

"It's insulting, it's demeaning. This woman is going to insult these young heroes by just arbitrarily saying, 'no, you're not going to film any Marines on California Street," said Captain Greg Corrales of the SFPD Traffic Bureau.

Captain Greg Corrales commands the police traffic bureau that works with crews shooting commercials, TV shows and movies in the city. He's also a Marine veteran and his son is serving his third tour of duty in Iraq.

He says Film Commission Executive Director Stefanie Coyote would only allow the Marine's production crew to film on California Street if there were no Marines in the picture. They wound up filming the empty street and will have to superimpose the Marines later.

"Ms. Coyote's politics blinded her to her duty as the director of the Film Commission and as a responsible citizen," said Captain Corrales.

We asked Stefanie Coyote why they're not allowing the Marines to shoot on California Street. She wouldn't answer our questions.

At today's Film Commission meeting, she said she wouldn't let the Marines film because of rush hour.

"Traffic control was the issue," explained Stefanie Coyote.

However, the Marines would have just shut down one lane of California Street for a few minutes at a time, and Captain Corrales points out the Film Commission often approves shoots for rush hour.

"If they want to get the job done, they find a way to get it done," said Captain Corrales.

The city's treatment of the Marines is making many people angry, from local conservatives like Christine Hughes with the San Francisco Republican Party who told us, "it's an embarrassment. I'm a fourth generation San Franciscan and I don't even recognize my city right now."

To current and former Marines like Vince Rios, a Vietnam veteran.

"I'd like to say, 'does your mother know you're doing this? And if so, is she proud of you for that?'" said Vince Rios.

"The city of San Francisco made a statement saying, 'we don't like the war' by shutting down the troops. I don't think that was the right thing to do," explained Eric Snyder, a U.S. Marine.

"I wish to hell she would leave her politics at home and take care of the city business and the bridge business on an even keel basis," said Mike Paige, a Korea veteran.

The Marines also applied for permits to shoot on the Golden Gate Bridge that same morning, but were turned down because of similar traffic concerns.

The end result -- the crew didn't film the Marines in San Francisco at all. They had to go to the National Park Service for permission to shoot in Marin overlooking the bridge and at Kirby Cove.

"Golden Gate National Recreation Area is steeped in military tradition and we're honored to be a part of their continued military traditions so we're glad that we could accommodate the shoot," said Amy Brees with the National Park Service.

Captain Corrales and several other Marine veterans came to the Film Commission Monday afternoon. They see this as just the latest insult along with the city blocking the USS Iowa from docking here, banning the junior ROTC from high schools, and trying to ban the yearly Blue Angels air show.

"This -- a slap in the face of every veteran and every parent of men and women who are doing their duty -- is shameful," said Captain Corrales.

The Marines we spoke with also make the point that the city allows street demonstrations, anti-war protests and other events which snarl traffic, such as Critical Mass. They still don't understand why the Marines got turned away.

ABC7 Video Extra
Watch raw video of the Silent Drill Platoon from Times Square Monday morning below.

abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=i_team&id=5673526&ft=print

Ellie

thedrifter
09-25-07, 07:38 AM
The World InSight 25/09

A US Marine yawns during a break in the filming of a Marine Corps commercial in New York's Times Square. A new advertising campaign, called 'America's Marines,' will begin in early 2008.

http://www.xpress4me.com/images/07/09/25/insight_12b_5.jpg

Ellie

bigdog43701
09-25-07, 08:16 AM
:devious: :mad: :thumbdown just my thought on this subject...if sf will not allow the milutary to recruit or film commercials in their city, why don't the government STOP all federal maoney going to it. then let them decide where to get their money to run the city.

jinelson
09-25-07, 09:45 AM
Thedrifter - http://www.xpress4me.com/images/07/09/25/insight_12b_5.jpg

Was that a war face? Looks that way to me, these two Marines seem to be a bit upset at something a passer by on the street said. One appears to be screaming you want some, come on and the other is contemplating either a horizontal buttstroke or what he learned in the pugil pit.

Jim :D

vmfn513
09-25-07, 11:16 AM
They say the female of the pack is most vicous. COYOTE that is!

3077India
09-25-07, 11:22 AM
They say the female of the pack is most vicous. COYOTE that is!Is that because they're Coyote Ugly? :p

Ed Palmer
09-25-07, 05:56 PM
San Fran-gay-frisco
doesent want us there because we are not GAY (queer )ENOUGH for their ****ycity

Osotogary
09-25-07, 07:17 PM
Geez, you'd think that she'd get her panties wet over something else.
I'm really upset about all this. Traffic concerns? How about the time I couldn't drive across Market and First Streets', in the heart of San Francisco's downtown and financial districts, because we all (the rest of motor bound resident's or visitors waiting to get across the inter-section) had to wait until the, honest to God, "Dykes on Bikes", who were part of the Gay Parade festivities, cleared the inter-section.
Traffic concerns? My azz. What a bunch of horse puckey.

(Would it be perverted to say that some of Dykes on Bikes were pretty good looking? They almost made the waiting bearable. LOL.)

OLE SARG
09-25-07, 08:42 PM
I say **** all the homos in san francisco to include mushmouth barbara boxer, that slut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am kinda hoping the next earthquake takes care of the "fruit" city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

RLeon
09-26-07, 01:27 AM
I wish that city would change it's name, that place is a disgrace to the good saint the city is named for.

thedrifter
09-26-07, 05:09 AM
September 25, 2007
San Francisco disgraces itself. Again
Thomas Lifson
San Francisco turns a tolerant eye toward all sorts of behavior, all the while patting itself on the back for its virtue. NAMBLA used to march down Market Street in the Gay and Lesbian Pride Parade until the PR cost became too high and the group was banned by the parade's organizers.

But even San Francisco tolerance has its limits. It turns out that the United States Marine Corps is too hot for the city. KGO Television reports:
The U.S. Marine Silent Drill Platoon performed Monday morning in New York's Times Square. They filmed part of a recruitment commercial through the start of the morning rush hour -- something they could not do in San Francisco on the anniversary of 9/11.

"It's insulting, it's demeaning. This woman is going to insult these young heroes by just arbitrarily saying, 'no, you're not going to film any Marines on California Street," said Captain Greg Corrales of the SFPD Traffic Bureau.

Captain Greg Corrales commands the police traffic bureau that works with crews shooting commercials, TV shows and movies in the city. He's also a Marine veteran and his son is serving his third tour of duty in Iraq.

He says Film Commission Executive Director Stefanie Coyote would only allow the Marine's production crew to film on California Street if there were no Marines in the picture. They wound up filming the empty street and will have to superimpose the Marines later.

"Ms. Coyote's politics blinded her to her duty as the director of the Film Commission and as a responsible citizen," said Captain Corrales.
I wonder if Ms. Coyote is the wife of Peter Coyote, the left wing actor? This website lists his wife's name as "Stefanie Pleet." Whoever Ms. Coyote is, she is a disgrace.

Hat tip: Byron Hood, Moonbattery

Ellie

Alphaonethree
09-26-07, 11:16 AM
Wow, That just plain pis__s me off. I bet even the queers are a little pis_ed about that too. Traffic concerns? Crap we let santa walk right down the middle of the street During thanks giving. So lets see San Fransisco boycots the Marines. Ok so now the Marine Corps boycots SanFransisco. I was going to go in October. But hmmm NO. It's off to New York I think.

jetdawgg
09-26-07, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za2jp_tfifs

thedrifter
09-26-07, 01:22 PM
The San Francisco Left and the Marines <br />
Thomas Lifson <br />
<br />
America's liberal-dominated media are doing their best to ignore a story of a leftist official snubbing the Marines. When the haters go too...

Ron60
09-26-07, 02:50 PM
Pull all Federal funding from the city and see how they act !!
I hope this seriously hurts their tourism dollars.....

RLeon
09-27-07, 02:07 AM
Ok so now the Marine Corps boycots SanFransisco.
:thumbup:

Midnite Rider
09-27-07, 01:08 PM
After signing up about a month ago on ************* to advertise my counter-Islamo-terrorist product,a thing called Silver Bullet Gun Oil,I received about a week and a half ago a turndown to sell it on ************* because they claim it's a "Hate" site.Turns out ************* is located in,you guessed it,San Francisco.They sell many generic type of military items,they want to make money.BUT Silver Bullet is NOT a generic type product,it's aimed directly at Muzlim terrs. Silver bullet contains 13% pork grease.The gays,er I mean guys(?) at ************* have a problem with "OFFENDING" our enemies. I will admit that Silver Bullet Gun Oil is based on HATE. I cannot verbalize how much I HATE turning on the news and hearing of brother leathernecks or members of other branches being KIA or WIA by low-life muzlim terrs.I wanted to put some PROPER respect for the Corps in them by giving them good reason to avoid being KIA by Marines.Naturally those muzlims wantin to meet allah early were going to go after the Corps as they know sure death awaits those who are so stupid as to attack Gyrenes.Silver Bullet voids the "Jihaad" clause.As a consequence any muzlim kia from a weapon using SBGO does NOT get to meet allah.
I stopped being ****ed off about bein turned down when the news about the Corps being turned down to make a commercial there was aired.The mentality and philosophy demonstrated by SF is reprehensible and unpatriotic. ANY MFer THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT the excellent work being done by the Corps should pack their sh*t and hit the bricks,try Iran,oh yeah,I forgot,they don't "Have that problem (gays) there" so they won't be welcome there either.
SEMPER FI

PatriotGirl422
09-27-07, 07:20 PM
San Fran-gay-frisco
doesent want us there because we are not GAY (queer )ENOUGH for their ****ycity

LOL! Couldn't have said it better myself, SSgt!

And "Dykes on Bikes"---That's just hilarious (and awful at the same time).

But seriously, something's gotta give with this whole San Francisco situation. It seems like there's a new story every week about them committing an injustice against someone.

yesyouam
09-29-07, 09:24 PM
Speaking as a San Francisco Lefty _and_ a former Marine, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the things I see being spit out on this thread. Why does it always have to end up with the immature name calling? Why all the hatred toward gay people? If you feel like that, maybe you should go move to, like, Iran... oh wait-- you hate Muslims, too. My bad. If you hate San Francisco so much, why are you so worked up about these Devil Dogs not being filmed on its streets? You love the city but hate all the people in it? I understand it's easier to hate than it is to think. Hope it keeps you warm.

3077India
09-29-07, 10:23 PM
Yesyouam, I like the way you think.

SlingerDun
09-29-07, 11:47 PM
In '80 the U.S.S. Coral Sea___"San Fransisco's Own"___ set a record of 102 continuous days at sea. Upon returning to Alameda a request was made of the 49'er cheerleaders to perform on the flight deck during an open house day for all hands off duty, and civilians. They declined.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

The Oakland Raiderettes accepted http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif and put on a hell of a show including plenty of pictures with anybody who could produce a Kodak. Oh and they were smokin hot.

--->Dave

LeonardLawrence
09-30-07, 12:17 AM
yesyouam said:
If you feel like that, maybe you should go move to, like, Iran... oh wait-- you hate Muslims, too.

I think one has to pick one or the other. In Iran, per the head of state:
there are no gays in Iran, they don't have that problem like our country.

Come on bigots...lets pick one...or the other You can't have both! :p Please save some hate for the rest of us!

3077India
09-30-07, 12:20 AM
...In Iran, per the head of state:
there are no gays in Iran, they don't have that problem like our country.That's because they kill them!!!!!:sick: :p

OLE SARG
09-30-07, 09:31 AM
Some people just need killing - where have I heard that before!!!!!!

Look at the politics that comes out of that so-called city - bones pelosi, bat-faced boxer, and more, PLUS being a sanctuary city for thousands of illegals!!!!! PPLLUUSS - kick the ROTC OUT!!!!!! They really do a lot to endear their ****ing city to the populace!!!!!!

I am sorry but you lefties can have the ****ing place!!!!!

Aren't we all a little racists or bias????? Be truthful and you will have to admit you are!!!

SEMPER FI,

OLE SARG
09-30-07, 09:33 AM
Forgot to add - the gays, homos, etc. bring most of the disgust for their life-style on themselves!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Osotogary
09-30-07, 08:18 PM
I think one has to pick one or the other. In Iran, per the head of state:
there are no gays in Iran, they don't have that problem like our country

No gays in Iraq? One of the saying's that I heard from those deployed over there was, "Over there women were used for procreation and young men were used for recreation."
Jokes about San Francisco? I'm originally from there and have kin living in that area; I don't think they are gay; they have never told me so. LOL. I take the barbs with a grain of salt. My only beef with the city, now that the Giants' got rid of Barry Bonds, is that there are very few, if any, working class neighborhoods left within its' boundaries. Love the fog, sour dough French bread with Italian dry salami and Mother See's candy.

JefferyMarine
09-30-07, 10:00 PM
Won't be going to SanFrangayso too soon for vacation.

HOLM
09-30-07, 10:20 PM
Forgot to add - the gays, homos, etc. bring most of the disgust for their life-style on themselves!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
What are you talking about?

http://www.sfpride.org/
http://www.downtownvancouver.com/index.html?v=pride

http://www.mellowmoose.org/photos/SF/house%20party/images/gay%20pride%20sylvia.jpg

FistFu68
10-04-07, 07:43 PM
:evilgrin: FAGGOT'S ARE ONLY A'LIVE BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM:evilgrin:

3077India
10-04-07, 08:13 PM

SEMPER FI,
What are you talking about?

http://www.sfpride.org/
http://www.downtownvancouver.com/index.html?v=pride

http://www.mellowmoose.org/photos/SF/house%20party/images/gay%20pride%20sylvia.jpgIt's really sad that too many people judge an entire segment of the population by a small, highly vocal and embarrassing minority. I know of several gays and lesbians and they neither behave, nor look anything like the shameful morons we see on gay pride day parades.

yesyouam
10-04-07, 08:16 PM
:evilgrin: FAGGOT'S ARE ONLY A'LIVE BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM:evilgrin:

Just... Wow.

3077India
10-05-07, 05:05 AM
FAGGOT'S ARE ONLY A'LIVE BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEMIT IS BETTER TO BE THOUGHT AN IDIOT, THAN TO OPEN ONE'S MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.:nerd: :p

FistFu68
10-05-07, 05:12 AM
:D SAVE YOU'R BREATH YOU FUCING BOOT,YOU'R GONNA NEED IT;TOO BLOW UP YOU'R NEXT DATE:D S/F:yes:

3077India
10-05-07, 05:30 AM
YOU'VE GOT ME CONFUSED WITH YOUR OWN PERSONAL HABITS.:p :D MUST BE YOUR ALZHEIMER'S.

yesyouam
10-05-07, 07:06 PM
FISTFU68 (member.php?u=26050),
Be advised: The Punctuation Police are on their way.

sparkie
10-05-07, 07:24 PM
Fist is "OUR" problem child,,, Dont mess,,, lest you tick ME off.

FistFu68
10-05-07, 08:17 PM
:evilgrin: I GOT YOU'R PUNCTUATION SWINGING,BOOT;TRY NOT TOO LET YOU'R MIND WANDER.IT'S TOOOOO FRIGGING SMALL AND FRAGILE TO BE OUT BY ITSELF PUNK!!!(LMFAO):evilgrin: WHAT YOU GONNA DO,PUNKETT SEND ME BAC' TOO THE 'NAM???;)

sparkie
10-05-07, 08:25 PM
Not without shaving your head again,,, Fist,,,;]

yesyouam
10-05-07, 08:38 PM
*snaps to position of attention*

OLE SARG
10-05-07, 08:43 PM
Damn FIST, we got some smartass boots in here, don't we???????

SEMPER FI,

FistFu68
10-05-07, 10:58 PM
:evilgrin: 'DAT'S A BIG 10/4 ON YOU'R LAST,S/SGT.OLE SARGE;SO IF I'M YOU'R JURISDICATION.DO ME A FAVOR MARINE?AFTER I BUST HIS WIZE-AZZ IN THE CHOP'S,SEE TOO IT THAT I GET A NICE CELL(LMAO)???:evilgrin: S/F THAT:iwo:

Mikhaelis
10-06-07, 03:24 AM
Marines are denied to shoot a commercial there, yet every year the city of San Francisco sponsors publioc gay orgy parades where gay parents dress their childrenin bondage gear and allow them to watch men publicly having sex in broad daylight on the street while children look on. This is what the gay community is all about-- not love, just random sex.

WARNING: EXTREMELY SHOCKING PICTURES EVEN FOR MARINES WHO HAVE SEEN IT ALL:

http://mitchieville.blogspot.com/2007/10/folsom-fair-your-children-will-thank.html

OLE SARG
10-06-07, 09:36 AM
Cut all the federal funds that go to that ****ing place, and I bet their attitude would change!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, we have NO ONE who has the balls to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ggyoung
10-06-07, 03:56 PM
These boots nowdays have no respect for there elders. About time to washout there mouths with soap

yellowwing
10-06-07, 05:45 PM
Uhh...I guess I'll take the one on the middle.

Ironrider
10-07-07, 02:40 AM
Isn't there some way we can throw San Fransico out of the Union? :mad:

Marine84
10-07-07, 08:17 AM
They just said no because they knew that all the gay guys would be standing around eyeballing alllllllllll that Marine candy!

Marine84
10-07-07, 08:18 AM
Uhh...I guess I'll take the one on the middle.

I would like to try to change the minds of the other 2! ;)

yellowwing
10-07-07, 08:36 AM
I dunno Kim, those other two look really gay! I mean REALLY

ggyoung
10-07-07, 03:52 PM
For all you gay lovers and those who don't see anything wrong with it or have no problem with it wait untill they hit on your kids or grandkids.

3077India
10-08-07, 09:20 AM
For all you gay lovers... ...wait untill they hit on your kids or grandkids.That is so stupid; gays (the vast majority) aren't pedophiles. However, the vast majority of pedophiles are, in fact, heterosexual.

Achped
10-08-07, 09:48 AM
That is so stupid; gays (the vast majority) aren't pedophiles. However, the vast majority of pedophiles are, in fact, heterosexual.

Do you want to ban heterosexuality?

3077India
10-08-07, 10:29 AM
Do you want to ban heterosexuality?WHAT??:confused: Where is that coming from?

Alphaonethree
10-08-07, 11:07 AM
( ACHPED ) I think what really pis--es most people off here about this subject is the fact that they will let dykes on bikes & the rainbow network march down the middle of the street. But an organization like the U.S Marines was denied permission. The Marine Corps lives by the values that are respected around the world. Can you say that about Dykes on bikes or the rainbow network? This was just a slap in the face from the fuced up liberals. They saw a chance to hit back and they took it.

Ron60
10-08-07, 12:47 PM
"That is so stupid; gays (the vast majority) aren't pedophiles. However, the vast majority of pedophiles are, in fact, heterosexual."

I'm new and not sure if I got this right (quoting) but I'd be interested in seeing some statistics on this statement.
The Gay community has been saying this for years but it seems frequently when a pedophile is caught he is gay...

booksbenji
10-08-07, 05:07 PM
Good reply of the dimissal of MCSD Team; <br />
<br />
SAN FRANCISCO <br />
By Neal Boortz <br />
Sept. 27, 2006 <br />
<br />
Look, I love the city. It's wonderful. Earlier this year Belinda and I spent a week there broadcasting...

sparkie
10-08-07, 05:09 PM
Yep,,,, give in to one perversion,,, Why not 6? Most peds get hooked on porn first, then graduate. Just like pot leads to other drugs mostly. Why should a homo, already given over to a pervision, ever be trusted with anything? Only thing new is that people living in any evil find security, and justification in numbers, therefore attempt to make it mainstream and PC.

Wait"""""""" Thats not new, is it?