PDA

View Full Version : Check out this email I got today!!!!

devildog4life30
09-24-07, 02:48 PM
I got this email a little bit ago!!!!! Any of you got this too?

<TABLE class=messageheader cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=label noWrap>Date:</TD><TD>Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:19:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=label noWrap>From:</TD><TD>"EUHC" <OFFICEBOX009@PEOPLEPC.COM>http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/pim/el/abook_add_1.gifAdd to Address Book (http://javascript<b></b>:document.frmAddAddrs.submit()) http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/txtmess12_1.gifAdd Mobile Alert (http://us.f553.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=6011_6701708_182121_1687_1467_0_1 93819_2862_424041036&Idx=8&YY=20873&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&inc=25&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&box=Inbox#)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=label noWrap>Subject:</TD><TD>HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?. HOPE ALL IS WELL.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><FORM name=frmAddAddrs action=http://address.mail.yahoo.com/yab/us?v=YM&.rand=34485&A=m&simp=1 method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=EUHC name=fn> <INPUT type=hidden name=ln> <INPUT type=hidden value=officebox009@peoplepc.com name=e> <INPUT type=hidden value=http://us.f553.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=6011_6701708_182121_1687_1467_0_1 93819_2862_424041036&order=down&inc=&sort=date&view=a&head=b&box=Inbox&YY=50623 name=.done> </FORM><STYLE id=ssxyzzy media=screen>#message601167017081821211687146701938192862424041 036 { overflow:auto; visibility:hidden }</STYLE>
<!-- type = text -->

<TT><SCRIPT defer type=text/javascript>YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true;YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = ["sensitive_news_terms", "illegal"];YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {"lw_1190663015_0": {"text": "TIKRIT-IRAQ","extended": 0,"startchar": 764,"endchar": 774,"start": 764,"end": 774,"extendedFrom": "","predictedCategory": "PLACE","predictionProbability": "0.885094","weight": 0.998987,"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/place/iq/town"],"category": ["PLACE"],"context": "AT A FARMHOUSE NEAR ONE OF SADDAM OLD PALACES IN TIKRIT-IRAQ DURING A RESCUE OPERATION, AND IT WAS AGREED BY","metaData": {"geoArea": "5.14511","geoCountry": "Al Iraq","geoIsoCountryCode": "IQ","geoLocation": "(43.685501, 34.60421)","geoName": "Tikrit","geoPlaceType": "Town","geoState": "S-alah ad Din","geoTown": "Tikrit","type": "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/iq/town"} },"lw_1190663015_1": {"text": "IRAQ","extended": 0,"startchar": 1640,"endchar": 1643,"start": 1640,"end": 1643,"extendedFrom": "","predictedCategory": "PLACE","predictionProbability": "0.878383","weight": 0.542679,"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/place/iq/country"],"category": ["PLACE"],"context": "MEDICAL DOCTOR WHO DIED IN AN RAID HERE IN IRAQ, AND BEFORE GIVING UP, TRUSTED ME TO HAND OVER","metaData": {"geoArea": "431879","geoCountry": "Iraq","geoIsoCountryCode": "IQ","geoLocation": "(43.68985, 33.24052)","geoName": "Iraq","geoPlaceType": "Country","type": "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/iq/country"} },"lw_1190663015_2": {"text": "IRAQ","extended": 0,"startchar": 2286,"endchar": 2289,"start": 2286,"end": 2289,"extendedFrom": "","predictedCategory": "PLACE","predictionProbability": "0.928472","weight": 0.542679,"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/place/iq/country"],"category": ["PLACE"],"context": "WILL BE TOO BAD FOR US SOLDIER HERE IN IRAQ. I DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG WE WILL REMAIN HERE,","metaData": {"geoArea": "431879","geoCountry": "Iraq","geoIsoCountryCode": "IQ","geoLocation": "(43.68985, 33.24052)","geoName": "Iraq","geoPlaceType": "Country","type": "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/iq/country"} },"lw_1190663015_3": {"text": "daniel_ess_army@yahoo.com","extended": 0,"startchar": 2678,"endchar": 2702,"start": 2678,"end": 2702,"extendedFrom": "","predictedCategory": "","predictionProbability": "0","weight": 1,"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/email_address"],"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],"context": "ADDRESS WHICH IS MY ONLY WAY OF COMMUNICATION. daniel_ess_army@yahoo.com GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. ATTACH IS OUR" },"lw_1190663015_4": {"text": "http://www.peoplepc.com","extended": 0,"startchar": 2868,"endchar": 2890,"start": 2868,"end": 2890,"extendedFrom": "","predictedCategory": "","predictionProbability": "0","weight": 1,"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/URL"],"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],"context": "Online A better way to Internet http://www.peoplepc.com" }};YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId = "97546169";YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId = "97546168";</SCRIPT>HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?. HOPE ALL IS WELL. MY NAME IS ( SGT 1ST CLASS ) DANIEL ESS , I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER, SERVING IN THE MILITARY WITH THE ARMY 3RD INFANTRY DIVISION. WITH A VERY DESPERATE NEED FOR ASSISTANCE, I HAVE SUMMED UP COURAGE TO CONTACT YOU. I FOUND YOUR CONTACT PARTICULARS IN AN ADDRESS JOURNAL. I AM SEEKING YOUR KIND ASSISTANCE TO MOVE THE SUM OF ( $20 MILLION U.S. DOLLARS )TWENTY MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS TO YOU IN UNITED STATES, AS FAR AS I CAN BE ASSURED THAT MY SHARE WILL BE SAFE IN YOUR CARE UNTIL I COMPLETE MY SERVICE HERE, THIS IS NO STOLEN MONEY, AND THERE ARE NO DANGER INVOLVED. SOURCE OF MONEY: SOME MONEY IN VARIOUS CURRENCIES WAS DISCOVERED IN BARRELS AT A FARMHOUSE NEAR ONE OF SADDAM OLD PALACES IN TIKRIT-IRAQ DURING A RESCUE OPERATION, AND IT WAS AGREED BY STAFF SGT KENNETH BUFF AND I THAT SOME PART OF THIS MONEY BE SHARED AMONG BOTH OF US BEFORE INFORMING ANYBODY ABOUT IT SINCE BOTH OF US SAW THE MONEY FIRST. THIS WAS QUITE AN ILLEGAL THING TO DO, BUT I TELL YOU WHAT ? NO COMPENSATION CAN MAKE UP FOR THE RISK WE HAVE TAKEN WITH OUR LIVES IN THIS HELL HOLE. OF WHICH MY BROTHER IN-LAW WAS KILLED BY A ROAD SIDE BOMB LAST WEEK. THE ABOVE FIGURE WAS GIVEN TO ME AS MY SHARE, AND TO CONCEAL THIS KIND OF MONEY BECAME A PROBLEM FOR ME, SO WITH THE HELP OF A BRITHISH CONTACT WORKING HERE, AND HIS OFFICE ENJOY SOME IMMUNITY, I WAS ABLE TO GET THE PACKAGE OUT TO A SAFE LOCATION ENTIRELY OUT OF TROUBLE SPOT. HE DOES NOT KNOW THE REAL CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE, AND I BELIEVES THAT IT BELONGS TO A BRITHISH/AMERICAN MEDICAL DOCTOR WHO DIED IN AN RAID HERE IN IRAQ, AND BEFORE GIVING UP, TRUSTED ME TO HAND OVER THE PACKAGE TO HIS FAMILY IN UNITED STATES. I HAVE NOW FOUND A VERY SECURED WAY OF GETTING THE PACKAGE OUT OF IRAQ TO THE STATE FOR YOU TO PICK UP, AND I WILL DISCUSS THIS WITH YOU WHEN I AM SURE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO ASSIST ME. I WANT YOU TO TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU WILL TAKE FROM THIS MONEY FOR THE ASSISTANCE YOU WILL GIVE TO ME. ONE PASSIONATE APPEAL I WILL MAKE TO YOU IS NOT TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER WITH ANYBODY, SHOULD YOU HAVE REASONS TO REJECT THIS OFFER, PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE DESTROY THIS MESSAGE AS ANY LEAKAGE OF THIS INFORMATION WILL BE TOO BAD FOR US SOLDIER HERE IN IRAQ. I DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG WE WILL REMAIN HERE, AND I HAVE BEEN SHOT, WOUNDED AND SURVIVED TWO SUICIDE BOMB ATTACKS BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD, THIS AND OTHER REASONS I WILL MENTION LATER HAS PROMPTED ME TO REACH OUT FOR HELP, I HONESTLY WANT THIS MATTER TO BE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY, PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH MY E-MAIL ADDRESS WHICH ISMY ONLY WAY OF COMMUNICATION. daniel_ess_army@yahoo.com GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. ATTACH IS OUR PICTURE BELOW. SGT DANIEL ESS. I guess today is my lucky day!!!! LOL :nerd: This guy cant even use proper English. I guess next hes gonna want my bank ifo so he can wire it too me. He oughta just give it to Navy Releif.</TT>
</PRE>

3077India
09-24-07, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a scam to me, Marine.:p

Ed Palmer
09-24-07, 02:54 PM
Saddam's millions now an Internet scam
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
By Steve Twedt, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
In the latest twist to an old scam, someone is sending e-mails in which the writer claims to be an American soldier who found $8 million near one of Saddam Hussein's palaces -- and he wants to share the loot with you.

There's a new ploy to persuade the skeptical, though: The writer includes a link to an actual Washington Post newspaper story about U.S. soldiers who discovered millions of dollars in bricked-up buildings inside one of the palace compounds.

According to the Post article, 3rd Infantry Division soldiers found $700 million last week in a row of dog kennels. The money was stored in aluminum boxes, each box containing $4 million in $100 bills.

Army Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Van Ess and Staff Sgt. Kenneth Buff were among the first to find the stashed money and they immediately told their senior officers.

But a group of five other soldiers from the 10th Engineer Battalion, coming across another cache up the road, tried to hide three of the 50 boxes they found, the report said.

U.S. Infantry Division Col. David G. Perkins told Post reporter William Branigan that all but "thousands" of the $12.3 million stashed away was returned within hours.

In the e-mail, though, "Sgt. 1st Class David V. Ess" -- not Daniel, as in the Post story -- writes that the $8 million was "discovered in barrels at a farmhouse near one of Saddam's old palaces in Tikrit-Iraq during a rescue operation," and that he and "Staff Sgt. Kenneth Buff" decided they should share the money.

In short, the recovered money was still hidden away according to the e-mail, and the real-life heroes had been electronically converted into villains.

Although willing to hand over $8 million for safekeeping, the e-mail tells recipients not to discuss the offer with anyone. "Should you have reasons to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for us soldiers here in Iraq."

The ruse appears to be the latest incarnation of the so-called "Nigerian scam" in which a banker or high-ranking government official from Nigeria claims to have a large amount of money they're trying to move out of the country.

Typically, they offer a share of the fortune as soon as the recipient wires a "transfer fee" of several hundred dollars -- and they're never heard from again. Or, in other cases, they promise lucrative investment schemes that only empty the recipient's bank account.

Army spokesman Paul Boyce yesterday said there is no Sgt. David V. Ess with the Army, and the e-mail was likely a scam.

"These sorts of 'advance-fee frauds' attempt to entice potential investors in too-good-to-be-true business arrangements based on appealing personal stories."

Post spokesman Eric Grant said in a statement that "This appears to be a matter for the appropriate authorities to review. We are looking into this use of our story as well."

A "Nigerian scam" made news last month in the murder trial of Mary Winkler, a Tennessee minister's wife, when prosecutors said she killed her husband because she did not want him to know she had been duped into depositing counterfeit checks. A jury found Mrs. Winkler guilty of voluntary manslaughter.

And in February, a county treasurer in Michigan reportedly lost $72,500 of his own money and he's now being investigated for $186,000 in missing county funds after he was enticed into investing in phony companies.

Lauren Bozart, spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania attorney general, said yesterday that they have received 156 complaints about Nigerian scam e-mails since 2005.

lilith007
09-24-07, 04:02 PM
It's Definately A Scam!

Robert Browell
09-24-07, 04:43 PM
:mad: If that aint a scam,then I'm a japanese aviator!:banana: :flag:

rvillac2
09-24-07, 06:16 PM
There's some people who spend a lot of time scamming these scammers. If you've got the time, you should give these tales a read. Funny as hell. I especially like when they convince the wannabe scammer to get a tattoo in order to qualify for money.
http://www.419eater.com/

sparkie
09-24-07, 06:44 PM
Japanese aviator? Kama Kazi drop out? I love the internet. If you can't find your dreams there, You're not dreamin,,,,,,

lucien2
09-24-07, 07:16 PM
It's just a new twist on the old "Nigerian" scam.