PDA

View Full Version : paris island, quantico 1951/1952/1953

eliseb
09-24-07, 08:46 AM
<!--StartFragment -->
Hello I am trying to find any marine corps reservists who served with my Dad, David Lawrence Bolger (born 1933 in Cambridge)
he passed away in 1991 and this is the first time I tried to search for anyone, I was encouraged by my aunt (his sister) who is 82 and very ill. My mom gave me this helpful info:Your Dad went two summers (Maybe '51/'52/or /53.) The first summer was in Parris Is., S.C. The second was Quantico, Va. My Dad also went to Boston College and became a lawyer after finishing his Reserve duties, he raised five kids in pepperell/Groton Mass.He moved back to North Carolina and lived in Atlantic Beach until he died . Any info appreciated, thanks, Elise (his 4th kid out of 5)

cball
10-05-07, 06:48 PM
I was at Parris is in early 54 ,of course that wont help you but there are some of us old timers still around..Sgt.C Ball

GySgtRet
10-05-07, 06:56 PM
If I may suggest. In the start page there are resources that you can use to get your dad's records starting with his DD-214. Be
patient it takes several months from what I understand. Good luck in your search. And may God Bless your dad.

Rest in Peace

Misfire
12-10-07, 09:42 PM
<!--StartFragment -->
Hello I am trying to find any marine corps reservists who served with my Dad, David Lawrence Bolger (born 1933 in Cambridge)
he passed away in 1991 and this is the first time I tried to search for anyone, I was encouraged by my aunt (his sister) who is 82 and very ill. My mom gave me this helpful info:Your Dad went two summers (Maybe '51/'52/or /53.) The first summer was in Parris Is., S.C. The second was Quantico, Va. My Dad also went to Boston College and became a lawyer after finishing his Reserve duties, he raised five kids in pepperell/Groton Mass.He moved back to North Carolina and lived in Atlantic Beach until he died . Any info appreciated, thanks, Elise (his 4th kid out of 5)

Hi Was your dad ever in Korea . I served with a Bloger but cant remember his Frist Name I have one picture of him if i cand help i was there in 54 Semper Fi (misfire)

tonyelia4
08-16-10, 03:35 PM
:flag::flag:
<!--StartFragment -->

your father was our executive officer ,i believe back in the early 60's.we were in HMR-771,a Marine helicopter squadron @ south weymouth, mass. yes he had a law practice in pepperal. I liked him,he was a good marine.i did not know him well,at the time iwas a gunnery sgt. and i believe your dad was a captain .He was a good man and a good Marine. Semper Fi:flag::flag:

gkmoz
08-16-10, 03:53 PM
<!--StartFragment -->

The other day I was looking for my uncles info at P.I. in 1951. It would appear my uncle very well might have been your dads SDI. Anyway here is the info, look thru the names to see if your dad was in my uncle summer class of future Officers ? http://*********************/forums/showthread.php?t=12221&highlight=malinowski Sorry my uncle C.K. Malinowski is deceased Moz :usmc:

Donna Goodson
07-22-15, 07:37 PM
I hope you are finding some information. My father, Don Ernest Goodson, served at Parris Island in 1953. I have a book, like an annual of the Fifth Battalion Platoons 220 and 226 and your father is not in that book but many other recruits were there. If you can find your father's book you will see others in his platoon.
My father wrote a note on the inside cover of this book.
Boot camp July 15, 1953-Sept 30, 1953
Drill Instructor School Oct 5-29, 1953
Drill Instructor "4th recruit (illegible) Nov12,1953-Dec 12, 1953
Transferred to England Dec 12 1953 Admirals Quarterly
I too live in North Carolina and know Atlantic Beach well.
Donna Goodson Ansted

advanced
07-23-15, 10:37 AM
I didn't know they had a 5th Batt. at PI back in the early 50's.