PDA

View Full Version : Human Weapon

SkilletsUSMC
09-22-07, 01:25 PM
Did anyone else watch "Human Weapon" on the history channel last night? They were at quantico studying MCMAP. It was very well done, and it portrayed the Marine Corps in a very good light.

http://www.history.com/minisites/humanweapon/images/imagegallery/large/marinecorps-image1.jpg

remy
09-22-07, 02:00 PM
lol was funny at the same time having undergone all that training. to see those guys realizing just how hard everything we do.

FistFu68
09-22-07, 03:08 PM
:evilgrin: PRACTICE AT KILLING THE ENEMY~WITH YOU'R BARE HAND'S~GO FOR VITAL'S RIGHT FROM THE GIT~GO!!!~FUC~ALL THAT DANCING A'ROUND:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
09-22-07, 03:29 PM
Having been in the Corps before MCMAP, I found it pretty intensive at that level (obviously a high-level belt instructors school). I was impressed. Hopefully any enemies are equally impressed.

I taught and used Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) defensive tactics as a police officer, some techniques of which are used in MCMAP (since they were borrowed from muy thai and other arts too). Of course, PPCT techniques were not intended to kill, but to disable, disorient, and/or stun. Or in legalese, "to control a subject."

I have a good idea of the energy needed to sustain that level of dynamic work as we often did mat drills with our students to show the difference between fighting and fighting smart. I wish police academies and police departments had the time and resources to devote to the kind of high level of fitness and dynamic training required for MCMAP, or anything close.

Naturally, muscle weakness and other physiological changes a person goes through when under life-threatening stress is a bit different than bodily changes imposed by rigorous exercise. However, the MCMAP stuff does a damned good job of approximating it.

Having grown up in Detroit, I always had a "go-for-the-throat" attitude about fighting anyway. The trick was damping it down for police work. :D

maverickmarine
09-22-07, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I watched it and enjoyed it. I was in prior to the MCMAP training as well. We went through the L.I.N.E. training I think it was called. I didn't get any truly in depth and intensive hand to hand until I reached Recon. I really glad to see that we have formed a more complete Martial Art for the entire Marine Corps. Enjoyed the show though.

LeonardLawrence
09-23-07, 01:43 AM
If anyone missed it, I looked it up and it will be on again on the History channel

09/26/2007 at 2300
09/27/2007 at 0300

I am assuming that those are Eastern Time Zones, but you might want to check. I am trying to decide if I am going to watch it twice in one night....or record it and watch it twice in one night:banana: .

rvillac2
09-24-07, 06:35 PM
HurricaneRJ posted the video in Poolee Hall.

FistFu68
09-24-07, 07:07 PM
:usmc: OUTSTANDING THAT THE (USMC) STARTED THIS UP,FOR THE YOUNG~BUC'S.WE HAD VERY INTENSE H2H~PROGRAM AT CAMP GEIGER~AFTER THE INFAMIOUS E@E COARSE!!!AS I RECALL,THEY STOPPED IT IN 1970!!!WHAT WE GRUNT'S CALLED THE YEAR THE CORPS PUSSED OUT!STOOD MANY A NITE AT THE MAIN GATE,AT HENDERSON HALL;ALONE WITH MY 45.COCKED AND LOCKED.HAD A CHANCE MORE THAT ONCE TOO DROP AN KNIFE WEILDING DRUNK,NEVER REALLY WANTED TOO KILL ANOTHER MARINE;YOU'D REALLY BE SURPRIZED WHAT A HICKORY BATON CAN DO!!!TAUGHT CLOSE COMBAT AT QUANTICO TO MOST OF THE PMO.IN LATE '69.I WAS BORN ON THE MEAN STREET'S OF D.C~BUT I GREW THE 'FUC UP IN VIET-NAM.S/F :D

jahhead88
09-28-07, 09:13 AM
I saw it, and really enjoyed it. I wish they had it when I was in. I would have loved the challenge.

Eric Hood
09-28-07, 05:06 PM
I saw it on tape. I loved it!! We did'nt have either LINE or MCMAP. It looked like a real workout.
Glad to know, there are men like this on our side!!! OOH-RAH!:flag: