PDA

View Full Version : Updated dress blues picture of me

Accord
09-20-07, 12:40 PM
This was taken a little over a month ago, I don't know about you but this picture motivates the hell out of me. When I look at the picture I can't believe that is me haha.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/accord3222222/johndressblues1.jpg

Fubar5812
09-20-07, 12:47 PM
and the ladies must SWOON when they see you :) looking good.

Marine84
09-20-07, 02:53 PM
thump...............................that was me hitting the floor! WOOHOO!!!! Motivate me!

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-20-07, 03:01 PM
:marine: Other than that thing on your left shoulder you look like a recruiting poster.

I hope you've got a gun under the blouse somewhere, Kim may turn into a stalker!

rvillac2
09-20-07, 03:16 PM
..stepping over Kim's tongue.

Outstanding, John. But, may I suggest wearing the Blue Alpha until we get rid of that pizza box? ; )

SkilletsUSMC
09-20-07, 03:23 PM
:D Hey everyone the Pizza guy is here...:D

Are you with 5th or 6th Marines?

Master Sephiroth
09-20-07, 03:37 PM
Looking good, Accord. When looking at this pic I see pride. This looks like what you'd find on a recruiting poster. Just add a caption like "Once a Marine, Always a Marine!" and it will be

crazymjb
09-20-07, 07:16 PM
:marine: Other than that thing on your left shoulder you look like a recruiting poster.

I hope you've got a gun under the blouse somewhere, Kim may turn into a stalker!

http://www.bluejacket.com/usmc/posters/post_usmc_ready_join2_ww2.jpg

Fourragere can stay

Looking sharp, can't wait for some moto pics of my own.

Mike

davblay
09-20-07, 07:27 PM
I;ve been out a long time, but I know what a National Defense ribbon is, What I don't know is what that other ribbon is you are wearing John! BTW---looking good! :marine:

crazymjb
09-20-07, 07:30 PM
Looks like the Global War on Terror (G.W.O.T) Ribbon:
http://reflectionsofhonor.com/catalog/images/RB520-190x190.jpg

Mike

Accord
09-21-07, 06:02 AM
I;ve been out a long time, but I know what a National Defense ribbon is, What I don't know is what that other ribbon is you are wearing John! BTW---looking good! :marine:
Global War on Terror Service Medal.

Marine84
09-21-07, 08:05 AM
OK - your pic is my wallpaper now. Awesome as HELL!

Chumley
09-21-07, 08:15 AM
Looking good Accord, but I thought you were a PISC Marine??? Aren't they MCRD Hollywood sunglasses?

SemperFi
C

Danman
09-21-07, 01:33 PM
whats that rope thing?

BR34
09-21-07, 02:48 PM
That's something only the 5th and 6th are allowed to wear, if I remember correctly. For there service in France during WW1. ( or maybe it was WW2? )

gus
09-21-07, 03:11 PM
That s call the "french fouragere"
It s a decoration that american were allow to wear after "Marne Battle" and belleau woods in 1917-1918.

Accord
09-21-07, 03:16 PM
It is the French Fourragere, it was awarded to the 5th and 6th Regiments after the battles of Belleau Wood, Soisson, and Mont Blanc in WW1 because the Marines there pretty much saved France. It is still worn to this very day by Marines in the 5th and 6th and we are the only Marines who rate to wear it. Belleau Wood is also where the Germans originally called us Devil Dogs.

crazymjb
09-21-07, 03:29 PM
Wasn't it also awarded to 1/25?

Mike

gus
09-21-07, 04:01 PM
For what I remember only the 5th and 6th Marine win it.
A bit of history about french fouragere: It was instituted by Napoleon I (around 1800) for units which distinguished themself.
Then in WW1 They remade it for the units who were cited more then once.
There are lots of different colors. Each colors remind a campagn or a war. The one Accord wear is green for WWI and simple because his regiment was cited 3 times for heroic action. Belleau woods and blanc mont as he said and Soisson or chateau thierry I can t remember.
The 5th and 6th Marine are the only american Units who can wear it and I think they are also the only foreign unit who win it.
What accord said it s true, The Marine stop nearly alone the german offensive to reach Paris. And after Belleau woods the Germans never won again in this war.

PS Sorry for the grammar mystake i probably do.

SlingerDun
09-21-07, 04:41 PM
whats that rope thing?Practically speaking its a lanyard. It helps keep items such as firearms, cutlery and compass from gettin away. Similar to the bungee cord surfers attach to board and fetlock.:marine:

--->Dave

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-21-07, 05:47 PM
There are a few more units that have received the award. I think it looks darn good with service uniforms, but not so great with Blues. That's just my opinion though.

Units awarded the fourragère

The 23rd Infantry Regiment, Second Division, U.S. A.E.F., was awarded the French Croix de Guerre with Palm three times, and awarded the French Fourragere for service during the following WWI campaigns: CHATEAU THIERRY, AISNE-MARNE, and MEUSE-ARGONNE. In addition, because several U.S. soldiers were present in front-line action during each and every battle for which the 23rd Infantry was awarded the Croix de Guerre, the French Government and U.S. Army Adjutant General certified (in writing) to wear the Fourragere as an individual decoration regardless of future unit assignment -- a very rare honor. (In total, 434 A.E.F. officers and men were certified to wear the French Fourragere as an individual decoration, per the Final Report of the Secretary of War, 1922.)
During WWI, the 5th S.S.U. was awarded the fourragère aux couleurs du ruban de la médaille militaire.
During WWII, the 16th, 18th and 26th Infantry Regiments U.S., the 5th and 7th Field Artillery Battalions U.S., the 1st Engineer Battalion U.S. and the 1st Signal Company U.S. were awarded the fourragère aux couleurs du ruban de la médaille militaire.
17 French military units wear the fourragère of the Ordre de la Libération.
The 5th Marine Regiment and the 6th Marine Regiment of the United States Marine Corps were awarded the Fourragère for having earned the Croix de Guerre with palm leaf twice during World War I.
U.S. 370th Infantry Regiment (World War I)
BEF Units of World War I
Active members of the National Society of Pershing Rifles are authorized to wear the fourragère of the Society, which is distinct in being one of only two fourragères with an organization-specific metal tip (the other being the Air Force Honor Guard).
Active members of Arnold Air Society in uniform wear the blue and gold fourragère of the society.
U.S. 82nd Airborne Division during the battle of Normandy in June 1944.
The US Third Infantry Division (Marne Division)was awaraded the Fourragere aux couleurs de la Croix de guerre for service to France in WWI as part of the American Expeditionary Force.Members of the Division are allowed to wear the Fourrage on their dress uniforms as long as they are assigned to the Division.

crazymjb
09-21-07, 06:18 PM
Hmm. I was just wondering because I had been told by a few Marines that 1/25 is the only reserve unit to ever recieve it. Someone I know in 2/25 said some of his guys who went to augment came back with them.

Mike

davblay
09-21-07, 09:09 PM
Global War on Terror Service Medal.

DUH! Thanks John, I had never seen one of those. Is it like the National defense where all get it or just units that served in the AO or what? Does everyone in the Fleet get it? Sorry I am a dumb old man that just wants to know! :confused:

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-21-07, 09:54 PM
1/25 could rate it, I don't know. Technically, it wasn't given to the 5th and 6th Regiments but to the brigade they were a part of (along with some Army units) so 1/25 could have been a part of it as well. However, all I can find about people authorized to wear it now is this:

Today, members of United States 5th Marine Regiment or 6th Marine Regiments and the Army's 2nd Infantry Division, & the 1st BN U.S. 28th Infantry Regiment, are authorized to wear a fourragère signifying that brigade's award of three Croix de Guerre during the First World War, but only while that individual is assigned to the unit. The wearing of the decoration is considered ceremonial and the fourragère is not entered as an official military award in permanent service records.

tntmondy
09-21-07, 10:04 PM
This is why I joined the Marine Corps FINE looking men in uniform!!!!!!! Ok so that wasn't why I joined but what a BONUS!

JChebahtah
09-21-07, 10:14 PM
I'm with 84 and TNT. Looking sharp, very nice :] I just got a little burst of motivation!

futuremarine129
09-21-07, 10:21 PM
This motivates me, you look wicked badass in that picture.

BR34
09-21-07, 10:49 PM
DUH! Thanks John, I had never seen one of those. Is it like the National defense where all get it or just units that served in the AO or what? Does everyone in the Fleet get it? Sorry I am a dumb old man that just wants to know! :confused:

You get it after being in the fleet for 30 consecutive days on AD or reservist for 60 consecutive days.

USMC90
09-22-07, 12:07 AM
Frickin' BAD-A$$ Marine right there.

Nice pic.

762mm
09-22-07, 01:48 AM
That is squared the hell away, PFC!

The shades are a nice touch. Very Jack-Bauer-esqe!

rvillac2
09-22-07, 02:55 AM

Dave,
Everyone currently serving eventually rates that medal. It's a campaign medal and theoretically, everyone is engaged in the global war. If the individual deploys to the AO, they also get the Expeditionary medal.

Marine84
09-22-07, 07:49 AM
This is why I joined the Marine Corps FINE looking men in uniform!!!!!!! Ok so that wasn't why I joined but what a BONUS!

$h!t girl, you know you tell everybody the same thing I do.....................I joined cause I was looking for a few good men my damned self! ;) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

It WAS a bonus wasn't it? (heavy sigh) I believe one could be the ugliest creature God ever put breath into and be one bad a$$ MAN in that uniform!

John, if I had $ bills, I'd throw them at ya!

davblay
09-22-07, 08:11 AM

You see John, you're cunfusing the guys, you are out of uniform, L/Cpl!

Accord
09-22-07, 09:02 AM
Everyone after 9/11/01 who has served at least 30 consecutive days in support of the Global War on Terror rates to wear it... in other words, spend 1 month in the fleet and you'll get it.

USMC90
09-22-07, 11:19 AM
So when do you Marines deploy to the sand box?

USMC90
09-22-07, 11:26 AM

At the time the picture was taken he was a PFC. Now he's a Lcpl.
;)

762mm
09-22-07, 12:33 PM
At the time the picture was taken he was a PFC. Now he's a Lcpl.
;)

Way to make me feel like an idiot. ;) ( All in good fun )

My apologies LCpl. I'll push for it later tonight.:evilgrin:

tntmondy
09-22-07, 01:09 PM
84 You are defintely right about that!!!!!!! Now thats what I call some serious EYE CANDY!!!!!!!

Zulu 36
09-22-07, 01:29 PM
Hmm. I was just wondering because I had been told by a few Marines that 1/25 is the only reserve unit to ever recieve it. Someone I know in 2/25 said some of his guys who went to augment came back with them.

Mike
25th Marines didn't exist in WWI. If anyone from 1/25 was temporarily assigned to the 5th or 6th Marines, they could wear only while assigned to them. Just as if Accord is transferred to, say, the 9th Marines, he'd have to forgo the pogey rope.

Only the Marines in the 5th or 6th Marines when it was earned can wear it full time regardless of unit assignment, however, none are still known to be alive.

I have photos of my father wearing his pogey rope as he was in the 6th Marines at Saipan and Tinian in WWII.

sec9
09-22-07, 09:25 PM
'at a boy..looks good

Phantom Blooper
09-23-07, 10:35 PM
I believe one could be the ugliest creature God ever put breath into and be one bad a$$ MAN in that uniform!

That's why God let man make :beer: so ugly people can get laid!:banana: