PDA

View Full Version : Active Marine - PLC - Comission

CplCki
09-20-07, 12:26 AM
I am currently a corporal stationed on marine corps base hawaii. i am seriously considering one of the following:
1. Boost - Mecep
2. PLC
3. Army warrant
4. reenlisting

my questions are conserning PLC.
i eas on jan 5 and i am in a stump. i want to earn a commission, but i do not know what to do, or how to start. i dont have the scores for mecep or plc at the time, but i can easliy retake the asvab or sat's... have any of you been in this situation?

please let me know, all responses will be appriciated greatly!!!!

-Cpl Cki
"the deadliest weapon in the world is a marine and his rifle"

Isrowei
09-22-07, 09:23 AM
First off, how old are you? Second, have you taken the SATs or ACTs?

If you are over 23 and your SAT scores are below 1000, consider putting an application in to BOOST. You can easily find the order on the Marine Corps website.

If you feel you can handle an academic workload, then I would suggest you apply directly to MECEP. Keep in mind you're going to want to have a 1st Class PFT in order to be competitive for those.

The Army warrant program is a way to go, but unless you want to fly, then why not stick it out for the Marine Warrant program? Also, if promotion to Sgt is tough for you, then re-enlisting will now add extra points to your composite score. Just some things to think about.

Re-enlisting... well, it is what it is. If you want to stay Marine, then stay. If you're tired of it, then go. Personally, I feel that if you want to become a Marine Officer, then there should be no reason why you would want to get out to get your college degree. You've got over 6 months before the MECEP board convenes. If you need to take a class or two in remedial english or math, go see the education office on your base and make it happen. Same for the SATs or ACTs. Then start putting your package together for MECEP/BOOST. You shouldn't have much problem as long as there are no outstanding disciplinary problems on your record and your PFT/Rifle scores are good to go.

If you need to know where to start... go see your unit career counsellor.