PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Meyer Hotdogs

sgt8089
09-18-07, 08:32 AM
I was just e-mailed this story signed by a Force Recon Marine, Is there any truth to this ? And if so, this must be passed on for all to know !!!

Guess I will not be eating Oscar Meyer hot dogs any more!

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Oscar Meyer because they wanted to
let
them know how much they liked their hot dogs and to request that
they send
some of it to the troops there.

Oscar Meyer replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support
of
their business, but that Oscar Meyer does not support the war, nor
anyone in
it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of hot dogs.

So as not to offend Oscar Meyer, maybe we should not support them by
buying
any of their products!

Eddie Z
09-18-07, 08:36 AM
maybe they are trying to stay neutral with everybody being split in support of the war.

Chumley
09-18-07, 08:40 AM
This story is baloney!

lilith007
09-18-07, 08:56 AM
This is a copycat hoax. The text is a slightly modified version of a 2004 alert (http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_starbucks_marines.htm) claiming that Starbucks refused to ship coffee to U.S. Marines in Iraq. Even the signature, "Sgt. Howard C. Wright," is the same in both messages. Sgt. Wright disavowed the earlier message in a statement made public three years ago. In the 2007 version, an anonymous prankster has simply replaced each reference to Starbucks with "Oscar Mayer." Oscar Mayer brand products are manufactured by Kraft Foods Inc., which, far from refusing to support U.S. troops in Iraq, supplies a wide variety of packaged foods to armed services personnel through its commissary program (http://www.kraftfoods.com/kraftmilitary/main.aspx?s=brands_on_sale&m=brands_on_sale/brands_default). The company has issued no statements critical of the war in Iraq or the U.S. troops fighting there.

sgt8089
09-18-07, 08:57 AM
I just recieved a follow up e-mail ! It appearantly is bull !!! Don't believe the email. I have seen htis guys name attached to alot of emails claiming to boycott manufacturers for not supporting the war. This is another case of "Internet Legend".

Fred A. Hildrich
MSgt USMC
DLA CSR, LSE MNF-W
Al-Taqaddum, Iraq

Osotogary
09-18-07, 09:49 AM
I say, "Sent the weinies to Iraq". Some of them have got to have pork in them.

Ed Palmer
09-18-07, 10:36 AM
OPEN YOUR EYES AND LISTEN REAL CLOSE HERE IS THE STRAIGHT TRUTH
PASS IT ON TO THE IDIOT THAT STARTED THIS HOAX

SEMPER FI
ED PALMER

Netlore Archive: Forwarded email urges 'patriots' to boycott Oscar Mayer hot dogs because the company allegedly refused to ship its products to U.S. Marines stationed in Iraq

Description: Email hoax
Circulating since: April 2007
Analysis: See below

Email example contributed by Karen A., 24 April 2007:

Subject: Fwd: Oscar Meyer
Guess I will not be eating Oscar Meyer hot dogs any more!

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Oscar Meyer because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their hot dogs and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Oscar Meyer replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Oscar Meyer does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of hot dogs.

So as not to offend Oscar Meyer, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products!

As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will never know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

"Semper Fidelis."
Sgt Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS ... ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!!!

Lt.Jason P. Stanley
WSI Fire/Rescue
D5 Camp Stryker

Comments: This is a copycat hoax. The text is a slightly modified version of a 2004 alert claiming that Starbucks refused to ship coffee to U.S. Marines in Iraq. Even the signature, "Sgt. Howard C. Wright," is the same in both messages. Sgt. Wright disavowed the earlier message in a statement made public three years ago. In the 2007 version, an anonymous prankster has simply replaced each reference to Starbucks with "Oscar Mayer."

Oscar Mayer brand products are manufactured by Kraft Foods Inc., which, far from refusing to support U.S. troops in Iraq, supplies a wide variety of packaged foods to armed services personnel through its commissary program. The company has issued no statements critical of the war in Iraq or the U.S. troops fighting there.

ggyoung
09-18-07, 07:41 PM
When I went abord the Abe Lincon CVN 72 for a "Tiger Cruss" with my Navy son I went down to the Mess Deck and there it was. "the Abe Lincon prouldy serves Starbucks coffee".