PDA

View Full Version : Warriors' Pictures

thewookie
09-18-07, 07:46 AM
Well, I have some pictures to post from the good ole days. Finally, I'm like the, most un-technological man on the planet. It's kind of ghetto, I took pictures of pictures, I bought a digital camera yesterday (I needed it) to take some pictures of some of the few remaining pictures I have left from the good ole days. I had a accidental house fire years ago and lost a lot, especially my beloved Corps stuff. But any way, with out any further ah-do The Wookie, and pictures of his posse are now under my profile, well, give me a little while to figure out how to upload them but just like she said,,,it's coming.:sick:

Keep in mind a few of them pictures are a little crispy on the edges or a little water damaged but I'll try to figure a better way, or I just won't.

thewookie
09-18-07, 07:49 AM
ooh man ooh man, the files are too big. Anyone got any tips to help me? Friggin too big, I been hearing that all my life,,,,

Chumley
09-18-07, 08:01 AM
wookie,

When you figure it out lemme know, please. I tried to upload photos on Sunday, but the files were also too big. I have my camera set at the highest dpi's, so I think I have to reset the camera and take some others? Is there another way?

SFi
C

thedrifter
09-18-07, 08:09 AM
;) Want to send smaller photos?
Automatically reduce the size of photos for email, IM, blogging and web galleries!

http://www.onthegosoft.com/shrink_pic.htm

Ellie

thewookie
09-18-07, 08:10 AM
I just went over to *********************, they have a good site over there and I have a profile there also, I find it as another good way to find old guys. I had no problem loading the ones I tried, all 3 files. Maybe someone has some method that works over here, by the end of the day I expect someone to be able to help this Marine out!

thewookie
09-18-07, 08:11 AM
;) Want to send smaller photos?
Automatically reduce the size of photos for email, IM, blogging and web galleries!

http://www.onthegosoft.com/shrink_pic.htm

Ellie

I tried to reduce it as small as I could, for wesites it said, and I have had no luck, it almost makes it when i reduced the file size, but it won't finish.? Thanks Ellie!

Chumley
09-18-07, 08:13 AM
Thanks drifter!!

SFi
C

thewookie
09-18-07, 08:16 AM
oh yeah, I'm cooking with fire now! Thank you Ellie!

thewookie
09-18-07, 08:19 AM
okay 2 more questions Miss Ellie, how to I add multiple pictures, and now that I've downloaded that program, will it automatically reduce the images, I think I read that on the main screen for that program that it recognizes the fact that ur trying to send or put a picture on the web so it automatically reduces the pixels, I don't mean too sound fancy ;)

thedrifter
09-18-07, 08:38 AM
Now if You want to keep your photo's on Your own personal file, which will never get lost hubby places them on http://smugmug.com/.

I do know that You can place multiple pictures on the site...which You can just add a link...

hubby's site....
http://smugmug.com/search/index.mg?searchWords=fontman&searchType=global&x=6&y=4#galleries

I believe for this site You would have to do one by one...Shaffer loves to see us work...;) :D

I hope I answered your questions, if not I will try to help again...

My hubby knows more, but at this time still sleeping since he had a bad night..

Ellie

thewookie
09-18-07, 08:46 AM
Thank you, I have a couple in there and that's fine with me. Thank you!

Ed Palmer
09-18-07, 10:41 AM
If you are using a Digital cam set it on good instead of best and your picts should come out about the range of 450 x 450
if you set on best they come out way to big to post on here

Chumley
09-18-07, 10:52 AM
Understood. Thx!
C

rvillac2
09-18-07, 11:57 AM
Outstanding! Good to go!
JCam is out buying tampons.

SkilletsUSMC
09-18-07, 12:41 PM
Hey Marines, Jcam was never really Lcpl Campbel from 2/1, but really a **** head posing as him. I busted this little ***** because I happened to know the real Lcpl Campbells fellow Marines. <br />
<br />
Check...

thewookie
09-18-07, 01:13 PM
I agree, I PM-ed you Skillets. That poser questioned me once, and I hate a liar,,,boy do I hate a liar and a Marine posing sends me into insanity land. I thought that title would get some looks! It worked. Semper Fi Marines

***BTW, if someone from the site admin side can change that title for the real Marines good name, I'm all for it?

yellowwing
09-18-07, 01:49 PM
***BTW, if someone from the site admin side can change that title for the real Marines good name, I'm all for it?
Got your six!

SkilletsUSMC
09-18-07, 01:51 PM
We'll Just call him Fuk-stick.

thewookie
09-18-07, 06:13 PM
Got your six!

Thank you! Semper Fi

You know, it's nice to know that you can always count on a Marine to cover your 6. I'm truly lucky, not too be all sappy, but as you get older and further from the glory days it means that much more!