PDA

View Full Version : Any Marines familiar with Camp Lejeune

Katzman
09-17-07, 06:55 PM
What other than the once a month trip to Wilmington, Greenville, or weekly trips to Topsail Beach or Emerald Isle, is there to do around here? I'm under 21 so I can't drink.

Really, any ideas would help.

Thanks

Phantom Blooper
09-17-07, 07:02 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53451

Try this.......:evilgrin:

Katzman
09-17-07, 07:06 PM
Thanks, but that wasn't to helpful. I was looking for specific things to do.

FistFu68
09-17-07, 07:16 PM
:evilgrin: GO TOO ONSLOW BEACH AND CATCH A WAVE,OR SEE THAT BIG WATERTOWER AT CAMP GEIGER;CLIMB IT AND DO PULLUP'S OFF THE TOP RAIL:D

Katzman
09-17-07, 07:20 PM
Been to the beach. Not to the water tower at Geiger yet, I'll have to check it out. Where abouts is it?

erased
09-17-07, 07:30 PM
"What other than the once a month trip to Wilmington, Greenville, or weekly trips to Topsail Beach or Emerald Isle, is there to do around here?"

Aaaaaaaha ha ha ha ha. You've already done all there is. Might as well check out Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach. Aside from that, there isn't much.

sparkie
09-17-07, 07:47 PM
Like I said before,,, Take up fishing,, you can go with a lot of older salts who do it for a lot of fun. Of course,,,, Beer included.

FistFu68
09-17-07, 09:40 PM
:evilgrin: L/CPL.K IN THE EVENING OF MY MEMORIES,IT WAS STRAIGHT UP ;)

SlingerDun
09-17-07, 11:45 PM
Like I said before,,, Take up fishing,, you can go with a lot of older salts who do it for a lot of fun. Of course,,,, Beer included.You betcha, night clubs and malls caint hold a candle to the simple pleasures of the "Redneck Yacht Club"

olscout
09-19-07, 12:51 AM
Katazman ,

A long time ago (1967 ) used to hunt on Camp Lejuene . Excellent dove hunting particularly . Check with special services .

SF ,

Olscout

jetdawgg
09-19-07, 10:57 AM
Get to Myrtle Beach, SC:D

Katzman
09-19-07, 12:43 PM
Been there. It's way to far away to make a trip there any more often than once every few months.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-19-07, 11:18 PM
We went to Greenville just about every weekend... except for the once a month or so we went to Myrtle Beach or to Atlanta on just about every 96. You have to drive a little, but it isn't that bad. You could be in 29 Palms where just about every thing is 3 hours away. Wilmington is really pretty close.

Dave Coup
09-20-07, 08:20 AM
We used to hunt and fish a lot. Rent a boat from Specials Services, I believe it's the Cape Fear River, isn't that far away or just go to one of the
piers and fish off of that. Just watch out for snakes if you go to the river.:(
Or you could play golf there used to be two courses on base. Watch out for snakes if you hit in the woods. Watch out for Colonels if you hit in one of thier back yards. One of the finest azz chewwings I ever got was for trying to get it back in play from a full birds well manicured yard.:D

Kegler300
09-20-07, 08:28 AM
Take up bowling...

remy
09-22-07, 02:15 PM
Lejuene has a base rugby team that practises over off the road that links the main gate of gieger and main gate of mcas new river. it will be off to the side of the road. also look at the base website you should be able to find a contact. rugby not ya think there is an intramurl football, baseball, basketball teams as well.

personally i played rugby as it gave me the opportunity to not only play against other marine corps base teams, but we played collages, went to state tournaments, and any other squad that would ruck it out with us.

also there is some great fishing spots down around courthose bay.
lol i'd do anything to stay away from illusions.

yellowwing
09-22-07, 02:37 PM
"Give Blood Play Rugby."

Now that is some good motivation.

1jarhead06
09-22-07, 07:41 PM
go to the mall an hook up with some chicks they"ll show ya the town lol.;)

sparkie
09-22-07, 07:46 PM
The mall in J'ville? I thought it was the general store, or the butcher shop,,,,always good meat.

1jarhead06
09-22-07, 07:50 PM
Or hit a rub shop on court street lol.

sparkie
09-22-07, 07:51 PM
FI DOLLA? Rub me, Baby.

SgtHopperUSMC
09-22-07, 09:54 PM
Stay away from the pink bar just outside the main gate!!

Oh, is it still there?:sick:

MarineNCO
09-23-07, 10:48 AM
For a good long while (and it may still be active) there was the Single Marine Program. They used to do some pretty neat stuff.

Just don't fall in with the wrong crowd and start drinking. That is the fast track to getting your career over before it even starts.

Some things to do:
1. Do the tourist thing on base from time to time.
2. Charter a boat for Deep Sea fishing. (I recommend Carolina Princess)
3. Do some local fishing (fresh and salt water).
4. Hit the beach with some friends and have a BBQ.
5. Visit the Aquarium ...forget where the heck it is at but worth the drive.
6. Find a MMA instructor and check out various schools (there is a former Marine that teaches here in J-Ville, he works over on Geiger and does the Martial Arts somehow).
7. Complete MCIs
8. Take college courses

There is alot to do. Some of it may require you to save cash, some of it may require you to drive. But there is still plenty to do if you really take the time to look for it.

Zulu 36
09-23-07, 02:06 PM
Lejuene has a base rugby team that practises over off the road that links the main gate of gieger and main gate of mcas new river. it will be off to the side of the road. also look at the base website you should be able to find a contact. rugby not ya think there is an intramurl football, baseball, basketball teams as well.

personally i played rugby as it gave me the opportunity to not only play against other marine corps base teams, but we played collages, went to state tournaments, and any other squad that would ruck it out with us.

also there is some great fishing spots down around courthose bay.
lol i'd do anything to stay away from illusions.

Lejuene has had a rugby team for quite some time. When I was there in 1973, one of my room-mates played on the team. He came back from games looking like hell, but happy as a clam.

Sgt Jim
09-23-07, 02:20 PM
camp Lejuene used to have Skeet range and trap range,should have pistol range open.check with special services,find out if there is a Marine Corps League in Jacksonville,they are always doing things in your area,good luck