PDA

View Full Version : Kicked off !!!

JChristin
03-30-03, 03:40 AM
Who else around here has ever been tossed off an public internet forum? It just happened to me, at Oregon Live! I thought whatever I added was factual information, logic based discussion material. Then I go to add something extra to what another Jarhead wrote, and guess again! Denied!

I have always thought myself to be a liberal based (constitution liberties) person who was conservative with the purse strings(fiscal matters). Perhaps, I just don't get it anymore. Feel like as if I have moved to the right or the smart alect emotionally prone mental health reject has moved the world so far to the left that I can't reach it.

But I know I am in good company having been denied the right to post something on that Oregon forum.

semper fi,
jchristin

wrbones
03-30-03, 03:42 AM
Try again, JC. Fer a bit I thought they'd booted me again! LMAO.

did you get the little "by" in the message block whe ya posted?

I honestly think they're gettin ready to boot me again, though. They really don't like conservatives there! LOL>

wrbones
03-30-03, 03:45 AM
BTW. I always thought I was a little right of center politically. Now a days I think I need to start lookin' fer black helicopters and reservin' a lawn chair outside of area 51! LOL>

JChristin
03-30-03, 03:53 AM
I'll pull up a chair alongside ya Bones at Area 51, the black helicopter is on its way to collect you.

When I tried to post something under something you wrote, I was taken to a window that asked me to enter my login name and password. I did. Not once, not twice, not three times, but five times.

I never thought I wrote anything inflamatory there. But I did get a good response to whatever I wrote. Those yellow liberal cowards.

semper fi
jchristin

wrbones
03-30-03, 03:57 AM
You brining the beer? I understand ya gotta be drunk to be abducted these days.....

Barrio_rat
03-30-03, 02:25 PM
Bones, I think the reason they get drunk is so they don't remember the 'probing' in the moring....

LOL

Good luck with your alien encounter!

greybeard
03-30-03, 03:20 PM
Heck, a whole bunch of us kinda got booted off a USMC forum lately--for givin our opinions on the current administartion. Both liberal & conservative. The powers that be just shut the whole shootin match down. That's ok tho, we found better places to hang out. ;D

Speakin of abductions-We used to frequent a local restraunt, and anytime I caught someone eavesdropping on our conversations, I launch a loud tirade sorta like this:

"You know that I never had any trouble till I was abducted by aleins a few yrs ago. The sucked me up right off my sofa and I woke up on a ship the other side of the moon. Ohh the things they did to me. You know I've got this implant in my teeth that make me do crazy things now. It just never stops"

Try it sometime!!

wrbones
03-30-03, 04:57 PM
I don't mind reasoned, even heated disagreement with my own views. Hell, once in awhile I'm wrong.

But I do have a problem with folks who won't even address the issues or the facts.

Around here, we don't mind disagreement as such, but when folks just start out tryin' to begin a flame war or a firefight, they et a warnin' or two and then they get banned or booted fer a bit.

Reasoned dissent is a good thing. Gives everyone somethin' to think about.

Name callin' and such is counter productive.

Thing is, those folks at that site I've been visitin lately work the rules one way. If ya don't believe in their political philosophy yer on the short end of the stick.

Only reason I keep goin' back over there is to stir the bucket once in awhile! LOL. It's too easy! I can't help myself!

Besides, they fired on my position first! :D

SHOOTER1
03-30-03, 06:38 PM
Omagod Bones, you said the W word, well hell, there goes the neighborhood, dont say you were wrong, say you were mistaken, and keep stirring the pot, its fun.:no: :o

wrbones
03-30-03, 06:50 PM
Well, hell, SHOOTER. I guess I been outta uniform too long! Dang civies are corruptin' me!

Barrio_rat
03-30-03, 07:09 PM
A great quote from the movie "The D.I." with Jack Webb ... "sir, I'm never wrong sir... I may not always be exactly right but I'm never wrong."

Since hearin' it and usin' it - I've yet to be proven wrong on many an issue.

firstsgtmike
03-30-03, 09:44 PM
I think you cannot be wrong if you preface your statements with, "I think" .................

Because, I think then they would have to prove that that was not what you were thinking at all.

I think they would have to prove that you were thinking about something else.

I think.

Barrio_rat
03-31-03, 12:48 AM
Very true, First Sgt... It's all in the delivery! "I think" works as well as "in my opinion" ... I usually futher qualify it with, "in my opinion, based on what I've read/know/understand/have heard on the subject..." I have one friend where this line of thinking sets her on end! ;)

Also, kinda keeps in line with the above way of thinkin, I try to have reasons for everything that I do .. or not do, rather than excuses. I'll always have a reason - even if it ain't very good, at least it's a reason and not an excuse.

JChristin
03-31-03, 01:00 AM
based upon what I have observed (or read) it may appear as if...

try those lines out on a DI

semper fi,
jchristin

Barrio_rat
03-31-03, 01:13 AM
NO

LOL