PDA

View Full Version : Why the liberals don't like Fox news.

wrbones
03-30-03, 12:10 AM
Cavuto onna rant

American First, Journalist Second

Friday, March 28, 2003
By Neil Cavuto

I knew this was bound to happen: An irate journalism professor calling me a disgrace to my profession.

Since my response is not polite, I won't use this guy's name. But I will tell you he teaches at an Ivy League school.

Now, let me quote:

"Mr. Cavuto, please remember you are a journalist. You're supposed to be impartial. Your obvious support of U.S. and coalition troops and your rah-rah patriotism is an insult to hard-working reporters everywhere. You have no right having a show and even less right calling yourself a journalist."

Well, professor, get over it.

You might have a problem thanking troops defending your right to be the obnoxious, pontificating jerk that you are, but I don't.

You might have reservations about calling this country great, but I don't.

And you might have doubts about showing your partiality to the flag, but I don't.

There's nothing wrong with taking sides here, professor. But there's everything wrong with you not even making the distinction. I can love my country and my job at the same time. It is possible, you know.

You see no difference between a government that oppresses people and one that does not, but I do.

You see no difference between soldiers who use women and children as shields, but I do.

And you see no difference between forces trying to liberate a country and those keeping it in the Stone Age, but I do.

I'm not sure what runs through your veins, professor, but something tells me it's ice. Too cold to appreciate the rights you take for granted. And colder still to acknowledge the men and women fighting for your right to be the callous elitist you are.

So am I slanted and biased? You damn well bet, professor.

I'm more in favor of a system that let's me say what I'm saying here than one that'd kill me for doing the same thing over there.

You have the right to be the self-absorbed, condescending imbecile you apparently are and I have the right to tell you that. You didn't give me that right, professor. My country did.

You say I wear my biases on my sleeve. Well, better that than pretend you have none, but show them clearly in your work.

You're a lie, a fraud and an ingrate. Too clueless to appreciate the country that gives you the right to be the Ivy League intellectual Lilliputian you are. And too selfish to be grateful that in this country, even your type can find work.

Watch Neil Cavuto's Common Sense weekdays at 4 p.m. ET on Your World with Cavuto.

Barrio_rat
03-30-03, 12:49 AM
Gee, I wonder how he really felt....