PDA

View Full Version : A question about hard training?

SkilletsUSMC
09-15-07, 12:24 AM
IN the 'Boo hoo' thread there is some argument about what is weak training, and what is good training. I searched for this video to get some opinions. What do you think about this? (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=259_1177495433) Is this taking it too far? I happen to like it, and thing this is the realest form of training compared to combat I have yet to see. Im guessing a few of the Marines here will disagree considering you cant even call a junior Marine a boot with out getting sand in some panties.;)

Achped
09-15-07, 08:17 AM
To be blunt...I find myself a little aroused after watching that Corporal. That would be awesome, as long as that crazy guy had a little bit more control over his weapon ;)

SkilletsUSMC
09-15-07, 01:06 PM
To be blunt...I find myself a little aroused after watching that Corporal. That would be awesome, as long as that crazy guy had a little bit more control over his weapon ;)

Its definately dangerous, and I would only think it would be good to use for Marines who have shown they can be trusted with a weapon. Its a good stress excersise and I think it would be bad ass if it could be done atleast with blank rounds. I personally wouldnt mind if they did it with live rounds FOR ME, but I could see some officers sweating about their careers with that kind of range.

capmarine
09-15-07, 01:35 PM
Marine recruits are now using real bayonets in their training.

FistFu68
09-15-07, 02:47 PM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO) THAT AIN'T CHIT,COMPARED TOO CAMP GEIGER;FOR US RIFLEMAN WHO GOT TO WEAR BLACK PJ'S IN VERY EARLY '68 :scared:

SkilletsUSMC
09-16-07, 12:05 AM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO) THAT AIN'T CHIT,COMPARED TOO CAMP GEIGER;FOR US RIFLEMAN WHO GOT TO WEAR BLACK PJ'S IN VERY EARLY '68 :scared:

???

SlingerDun
09-16-07, 01:39 AM
Push-ups added to the confusion but did not pertain to the situation. If focus from that sandbag fire fight is to be broken, why not swap out push-ups for applying a torniquet and or battle dressing or calling in grid coordinates for support. Sure it will take longer but the big guy seemed willing enough.

--->Dave

SlingerDun
09-16-07, 02:25 AM
'Actual' the previous comment coming from the 3/26 Marines, 1968 is all i need to here.

--->Dave

sparkie
09-16-07, 05:35 AM
Black PJs,,,brings back memories,,, Most you kids don't have those memories. Good for you.

SkilletsUSMC
09-16-07, 02:37 PM
You guys are going to have to explain this black PJ thing to my boot ass. It sounds like a VC thing.

3077India
09-16-07, 03:14 PM
IN the 'Boo hoo' thread there is some argument about what is weak training, and what is good training. I searched for this video to get some opinions. What do you think about this? (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=259_1177495433) Is this taking it too far? I happen to like it, and thing this is the realest form of training compared to combat I have yet to see. Im guessing a few of the Marines here will disagree considering you cant even call a junior Marine a boot with out getting sand in some panties.;)Nice video, while I understand what the instructor was trying to do, I can't see the bleeding-heart liberals going for that. I think that the reason our training has soften is due to some liberals that were in the military and didn't like how they were treated in basic, so they decided to get things changed when they were in a position to do something.:marine: I must admit when I went through boot I didn't think it was nearly as rugged as I had expected.

DWG
09-16-07, 04:32 PM
(LMFAO) THAT AIN'T CHIT,COMPARED TOO CAMP GEIGER;FOR US RIFLEMAN WHO GOT TO WEAR BLACK PJ'S IN VERY EARLY '68

I knew I recognized your VC a$$! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0002.gif

You never admitted it last time I asked you about it!http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/winking/winking0073.gif

Dave Coup
09-16-07, 04:47 PM
#10 Fist you boo coo dinky dau. LMFAO

sparkie
09-16-07, 08:58 PM
Hahahahaha>

thewookie
09-16-07, 09:58 PM
I'd like to see the target, or some type of proof of purpose/results, other then just a live stress test. It looks like a college hazing incident too me, with weapons. I think live firing and training is great but, what has that guy accomplished at the end of the day? I saw that guys weapon fly at the "instructor" 1 time and that was enough for me. There are better ways to accomplish that type of training.

Dave Coup
09-16-07, 11:27 PM
Skillets:
I think that that type of training would be useful to put the trainee under stress and fatigue that would be helpful down the road during the real thing.

What Fist was referring to was the '68 version of what you guys do in the Iraqi Town down in 29 Palms with fewer restrictions on what the Instructors were allowed to do

SkilletsUSMC
09-16-07, 11:59 PM
So you had to be a VC role player? sounds like "fun"