PDA

View Full Version : Kathy Griffin's Remarks on Jesus--Non-Christians don't worry about this.

3077India
09-14-07, 09:27 PM
The Inaccuracy of Kathy Griffin's Remarks on Jesus (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296683,00.html) <--(Click for Source Location)

Thursday , September 13, 2007
By Lauren Green

I just don't understand comedian Kathy Griffin. Please understand that I like her. She's been on the FOX News Channel quite a bit and for the brief times we've talked, I've found her to be funny and self-effacing.

So, it puzzled me at first, then angered me second, that she would accept an award and then insult a man who preached love and acceptance. Why would someone do that? William Donohue of the Catholic League was so angry that he used the “b” word to describe her (rhymes with rich).

In case you haven't yet heard, on Saturday night at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Kathy Griffin won a trophy for her show, "My Life on the D-List." Griffin is sort of the female Rodney Dangerfield. Her gimmick is that she's an entertainer who doesn't get a lot of respect. When she accepted her long-awaited award, she said: "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus."

Now I could have been mildly insulted at that and turned the other cheek, as the founder of Christianity taught. But then she went on to say "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my God now."

Needless to say, she offended me and millions of other Christians. I don't know what went through her mind and why she would think that was cutting edge or even funny. But first, I want to actually show you that, in fact, Kathy Griffin is wrong. Jesus had everything to do with her winning that award. And here's the reasoning.

Jesus died on a cross 2,000 years ago. His dying words were, "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do." He died and they buried him in a rock cut tomb. Three days later, as the Bible says, he rose from the dead. That day is what Christians celebrate as Easter.

After the resurrection, Christianity began to take off like wildfire, spreading from the Middle East northward to Europe and westward into Ethiopia. In 300 A.D. Emperor Constantine accepted Christianity and it beccame the religion of Europe. Rome soon became the seat of the faith. After several years of human failings, the church went through conflicts and quite a few unbiblical years — the crusades and the inquisition to name just two. Out of that came the Reformation — the reforming of the Church, sort of a back-to-basics Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Out of the Reformation emerged a vision of law by Samuel Rutherford, called Lex is Rex, Law is King. From that, others devised a secular version that is used to help lay the foundation of government for a new land called America. Ninety-four percent of America's founding era documents mention the Bible; 34 percent quote the Bible directly. The idea of bringing unity to the universal is a particularly Biblical concept.

The freedoms we enjoy in this country to speak freely and to live freely are directly related to that man who died on a cross 2,000 years ago.

So, you see, Kathy Griffin, Jesus has everything to do with you winning that award. You live in a free country where your abilities can be recognized if you're willing to work hard enough. That's at least the dream of America. If you'd been born in many other parts of the world, your daily activity might involve seeking out a way to survive, or even trying to avoid persecution and death. Luxuries like pursuing a career in the entertainment industry would never have been realized; luxuries like being able to insult the founder of a religion of forgiveness and acceptance would not have been possible.

Kathy Griffin, just because you "can" say something, doesn't mean you "should." When you say "suck it, Jesus," you didn't just insult Christianity … you insulted the very reason you've prospered.

jahhead88
09-14-07, 10:00 PM
Outstanding.

huey guns
09-14-07, 11:24 PM
She will burn in more ways than one, for that remark.

3077India
09-14-07, 11:41 PM
She will burn in more ways than one, for that remark.I thought Christians (I lump myself into that designation) were supposed to pray for their enemies?:confused: Of course I'm assuming you are one.:nerd:

ggyoung
09-15-07, 11:43 AM
Yes we pray our enemies will soon be dead.

3077India
09-15-07, 11:45 AM
Yes we pray our enemies will soon be dead.:confused: LMAO!

jahhead88
09-15-07, 11:54 AM
Isn't it amazing the double standard that exists? If someone criticizes Christians they are exercising their free speech, but if a Christian stands up and voices their opinion, they're often described as closed minded religious extremists.

Achped
09-15-07, 12:01 PM
I wonder what would happen if Mel Gibson told Allah to suck it when he got his countless awards for the Passion.

sparkie
09-15-07, 12:25 PM
A rough quote from the last book of the Bible,,,, If someone chooses to be filthy,,,Let them.

DWG
09-15-07, 12:38 PM
More disturbing than her cursing Jesus is her claim of a graven "idol" as her god! Men and Christians may forgive her but she has a MAJOR problem elsewhere! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/ashamed/ashamed0005.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0012.gif

Kegler300
09-15-07, 01:11 PM
I stopped listening right after her remark about Cesar Millan...The Dog Whisper...he was up for an award?

Ron60
09-15-07, 01:40 PM
Kathy Griffin has always been a kind of "wannabee celebrity"...She does these outrageous things for attention !!!

I always thought she was a buffoon !!

FistFu68
09-15-07, 03:07 PM
:evilgrin: IF THIS 'HO HAD AS MANY DIC'S STICKEN OUTTA HER,AS SHE HAD STUCK IN HER;SHE'D LOOK LIKE A FRIGGING PORCUPINE :evilgrin:

crate78
09-16-07, 01:48 PM
So, who's Kathy Griffin, and why should I give a rat's rump what she says?

I'll admit, the name is vaguely familiar. I assume she's a comedienne of some sort. I'm just not tuned into the current crop of boneheads who operate on the assumption that they can't possibly be funny without being crude, profane, obnoxious, and making frequent mention of bodily functions.

Red Skelton must be turning over in his grave. He could crack up a million people without ever saying anything he wouldn't say in front of a preacher.

crate

jahhead88
09-16-07, 02:15 PM
I just don't like how if you say things against Christianity, but if a Christian says something against them, oh boy, they're being hateful religious bigots. I'm a therapist by profession. I can't impose my spiritual beliefs on my clients, yet if I don't openly condone their beliefs such as agreeing 100% with homosexuality, than I'm a homophobe.

My point is that Kathy Griffin can run her mouth, but as if mentioned in a previous post Mel Gibson said something derogatory, the same people who condone Kathy Griffin's actions would be up in arms.

Oh well, that's another sad commentary on this society. I know one thing, if I had said what she said when I was at PI, and my senior drill instructor heard me, there would be hell to pay. It seems like nothing is sacred anymore.

Just my two cents.

Jahhead88

3077India
09-16-07, 03:05 PM
I think that Christians shouldn't let people get away with comments like this just as the Muslims made a big stink over the Pope quoting a Byzantine Emperor and the cartoons published in Denmark. Perhaps we, Christians, ought to protest similarly when such comments are made against us. Being silent about this only encourages such actions. Alas, those are just my 2 cents.

...AND I DIGRESS!

jahhead88
09-16-07, 06:31 PM
I agree, and the Pope's comments are an example of the double standard I was referring to. The Pope quotes a historical document, and they get offended, but they (muslims) can kill people, and that's o.k.

Oh, here's another one I forgot. You can't teach religions in public schools. You can't teach anything about the Bible, because that violates the " separation of church and state." But in some school districts they are requiring students take classes on Islam. Wait, isn't that a religion?

Double standard. Hypocrites. Christians do need to speak up.

erased
09-16-07, 08:25 PM
"But in some school districts they are requiring students take classes on Islam."

Hm... I've never heard of that, do you have a link or something where I can read about that.

sgt.r.n.davis
09-16-07, 08:28 PM
Amen!, And Pass The Ammo... IN PROVERBS IT STATES THAT GOD EVEN MADE THE WICKED FOR PUNISHMENT!

jahhead88
09-16-07, 09:03 PM
I'll look for that link, because I do remember hearing it on a conservative talk show. I'll get back to you with the information. I know I heard it mentioned by Michael Savage on his talk show. Give me 24 hours, I'll see what I can come up with. I'll get that info up ASAP.

huey guns
09-16-07, 11:12 PM
We all will have to stand tall on the carpet and be held to account for our actions and words. I just dont want to be standing behind Griffin when she gives hers.

sgt.r.n.davis
09-18-07, 08:44 AM
The Word Of Gods States; Proverbs 22:14
The Mouth Of An Immoral Woman Is A Deep Pit; Those Living Under The Lord's Displeasure Will Fall Into It.

2 CORINTHIANS 5:10
FOR WE MUST (ALL) STAND BEFORE CHRIST TO BE JUDGED. WE WILL EACH RECEIVE WHATEVER WE DESERVE FOR THE GOOD OR THE EVIL WE HAVE DONE IN OUR EARTHLY BODIES.