PDA

View Full Version : One ticked off Marine

jahhead88
09-14-07, 09:32 AM
I'm posting the following link on this site. Someone went to the Vietnam Wall in Washington D.C. and vandalized it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1893742/pos (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1893742/pos)

:evilgrin:

I'm sending this out to all Marines on this network whether active duty, retired, or former marine veterans. Write your representatives and petition them to put guards around this area. This, in my opinion is the act of someone with no respect for the sacredness of the wall, and the sacrifice of those who fought, survived and died in Vietnam. I don't know what else to say. Let's get something done. :mad:

Isrowei
09-14-07, 09:33 AM
Yeah, that's pretty low.

jahhead88
09-14-07, 09:38 AM
Darn right. This is the type of person I took an oath to support and defend.

Isrowei
09-14-07, 09:42 AM
Hehe, yeah. Seems pretty ironic sometimes, but eh...

thedrifter
09-14-07, 10:32 AM
There are a few other mad folks here too..;)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53609

Ellie

jahhead88
09-14-07, 10:37 AM
Good:

That means strength in numbers. :devious: . I never went to Vietnam, however, when I returned from Desert Storm, I found out it was the Vietnam veterans who helped organize rallies for us. If anyone deserved the welcome we got it was them. I can't sit by and not speak up about this outrage.

:usmc:

Chumley
09-14-07, 10:56 AM
jahhead88,

We like to know a little about who we're talking to here. Please update your profile ASAP.

C

jahhead88
09-14-07, 11:41 AM
I updated my profile.

I served from 1988-1992, and left the Marines as an E-4. I received the following awards:

Southwest Asia Service Medal
National Defense Medal
Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
Sea Service Deployment Ribbon with 3 bronze stars.

2 Letters of Appreication, one from the Army Air Force Exchange Service, the other from Lt. Col. D.S. Legas in 1989 while serving in Iwakuni Japan.

I served in Korea for 3 months as part of Team Spirit 1988.

Since leaving the Marines, I served as a service officer and public relations officer for Katahdin Detachment 831, US Marine Corps League located in Millinocket Maine, where I was one of the original charter members.

I am a life member of the VFW and DAV, and currently work for the Department of Veterans Affairs as an Addictions Therapist. I have a Bachelors of Arts in Public Management from the University of Maine,and hold a Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling from Lindenwood University in St. Charles Missouri.

While attending the University of Maine, I had the privilege of working at a Vet-Center in Bangor Maine. I met a lot of Vietnam Veterans. I also became good friends with a couple in my church. The husband served two tours in Vietnam.

I'm now living in Mt. Vernon, IL and my wife is expecting twins.

erased
09-14-07, 12:06 PM
Welcome aboard and congratulations.

Bradly Powell
09-14-07, 12:33 PM
Congrades Sir! My girlfriend is always bugging me about getting her pregnant so we can have kids. umm, happy times.:iwo:

thedrifter
09-14-07, 12:37 PM
Congratulations!

Ellie

Chumley
09-14-07, 02:05 PM
jahhead88,

Thanks for the update. I hope all is well with the Mrs and the new recruits!!!!!

SemperFi
C

jahhead88
09-14-07, 03:07 PM
Semper Fi,

The new recruits should be on deck by the end of the year. Right now, they're on delayed entry.

Alphaonethree
09-14-07, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on your poolies.

jahhead88
09-14-07, 05:48 PM
Thank you for the congratulations for my wife and new poolees. They're enjoying their delayed entry.