PDA

View Full Version : How is MCT?

Nathan Benton
09-12-07, 11:50 PM
im going in a few days and was wandering what all do you do during the 22 days there. I have shin splints and hate humps and i hear you do alot of humping. lol the packs are twice my size. im 5.4 and 120 pds. so im a little small for them.

davblay
09-12-07, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the Corps, Marine! I don't think they will rewrite the schedule because you have shin splints! Suck it up as MCT is like 4th phase! :marine:

RLeon
09-13-07, 12:31 AM
You hate humping.
Suck it up.
Shin splint's is a psycological thing, mind over matter.
By the way, I'm all of 5'5" and weighed not much more than you do and I made it.
Grrrrrrr....Get some!
:marine:

Alphaonethree
09-14-07, 05:40 PM
Huh Shin splints,,,,,Get over it and get fired up and most of all remember your training you get there. All Marines Train. But thats some good stuff and I hope to god you like mudd. Dont think you get liberty either. In the field for 22 glorious Marine Corps days. Hell I would give my left testical to go with you. have fun.

ZSKI
09-17-07, 11:03 AM
You do some cool **** and stupid ****. Some of the Combat instructors are wanna be drill instructors. Prepare to carry a day pack that wieghts about 30 pounds at most.(This includes flak and kevlar) I had fun, its not that bad. And the humps what ever you carry with you into the field goes with you on the hump, so the more crap you bring the heavier it is.

Eddie Z
09-19-07, 09:09 AM
Suck it up.
Shin splint's is a psycological thing, mind over matter.

Grrrrrrr....Get some!
:marine:
shin splints are not psychological. It is a form of tendonitis (sp?) caused by not stretching or warming up before a run or hump. It will also be aggrivated by overuse. It put me on light duty for a month after lots of running to get ready for a five mile run and then we had a PFT the next week. Every stair hurt and walking up and down hills and even standing out of a chair was a shot of pain every step.

A good way to help it is to lay off the running for a while but for "physical therapy" since you won't have much of a choice in MCT, lay down, point your toes away from you and "write" the alphabet with your toes. It feels wierd but will give no impact exercise and a good stretch to the tendons there below your knee.

3077India
09-19-07, 09:17 AM
Shin splint's is a psycological thing, mind over matter.Does that also include the pain of broke leg or bullet hole?:p

Eddie Z
09-19-07, 09:20 AM
no, that's a different kind of splint that they use to keep your broken leg straight.:p

RLeon
09-19-07, 11:22 PM
shin splints are not psychological. It is a form of tendonitis (sp?) caused by not stretching or warming up before a run or hump.
Well then what's the problem? Just stretch...
:marine: :banana:

I knew someone was going bring this up.
I was being facetious.
I had them as well.
Being a short guy didn't help, I was always placed in the rear of the squad/line so when the guys in the middle of the file would lagg behind and the instructors yelled for us to close it in I would have to double time.
This was practically the whole hump, and actually running alleviated the pain...only we would get yelled at for running to close the gap, so I would have to step it out faster which was torture.
I just delt with it, one hump at a time.
Mind over matter, if I didn't mind it didn't matter.
Yeah if you believe that...luckily our last hump was slow paced.

erased
09-19-07, 11:34 PM
I really enjoyed MCT. You get to become familiar with the really fun toys; the M2, the 240G, the M249SAW, AT4... I recall throwing some frags too. Much like boot camp, as long as you do what you're told and give it your all, you'll be fine and possibly have fun, but you'll definitely learn something.

Haffner
09-20-07, 12:49 AM
It's like bootcamp but with some intermittent respect thrown in the mix. Sundays on West Coast you get some base libo for a few hours; East Coast gets a couple of hours in the barracks general area.

The humps on the West Coast kinda suck, but they aint as bad as they used to be.

MCT will teach you one very important thing, in abundance: hurry up and wait. Also, you'll get heavily versed in standing by to stand by.

RLeon
09-20-07, 02:16 AM
MCT will teach you one very important thing, in abundance: hurry up and wait. Also, you'll get heavily versed in standing by to stand by.

LOL... So true brother.
MCT = Mass Consumption of Time

Alphaonethree
09-21-07, 10:23 AM
Hey at Pendleton who remembers Mt. Mother F,,,,r