PDA

View Full Version : How is Camp Lejune these days?

Christ0ph
09-09-07, 11:00 AM
I am graduating SOI West in two weeks as an 0311. I already know that I am going to 3/6. How is the Camp Lejune area for a young, single Marine? Thanks for any help.

Semper Fi

sparkie
09-09-07, 11:09 AM
Take up hammerhead fishing, I hear the ville sucks.

yellowwing
09-09-07, 01:37 PM
Stay away from the Lance Criminals! Get under the wing of a good SNCO. They will be glad to teach you.

Haffner
09-09-07, 04:16 PM
Hey now. Us Lance Criminals always have the hook up and know everything you need to know. The LCpl. underground is a very knowledgable little society. lol

sparkie
09-09-07, 04:32 PM
Dwarf Society, Follow the yellow brick road,,,;]

yellowwing
09-09-07, 07:08 PM
Hey now. Us Lance Criminals always have the hook up and know everything you need to know. The LCpl. underground is a very knowledgable little society. lol
Shhhh...

Phantom Blooper
09-10-07, 04:07 AM
Christ0ph,there are plenty of fish in the sea here in the CLNC area. When you are not training for deployment or out in the field pick up a copy of the base newspaper the Globe and there is a happenings section for things to do locally or not to far in the surrounding areas. If your command does not tell you, ask about the Single Marines Program it offers alot of things to do cheap or free and it would be well worth it to look into. There is also the USO in downtown Jacksonville located by the courthouse. There is always something going on down there. You can go to the beach or the mountains in a hour or on weekend libo.The movie theater on base and in town has the new releases most of the time.

There is also plenty of nightlife in the area. :beer: Jacksonville is not the same as yesteryear and has been cleaned up. Like any town in homeland USA there is stll a considerable amount of work to be done. But I raised three girls here,all adults and married and they are now raising our grandchildren here.

Jacksonville has got a bad rap and at times it is well deserved. But as in previous posts hundreds of thousands of retirees in all branches of the military live and raise families here. So as the old saying goes,"Grass is alway's greener over the septic tank." It's what you make of it.

As stated there is plenty of fish in the sea,just dangle the right bait. But be cautious and careful because in any water there could be sharks and piranahs lurking. Don't get caught up in the places in town that offer financing to LCPL and below. You can do better saving or waiting.Good luck to you!:evilgrin: Semper-Fi!