PDA

View Full Version : Question for my Mom

Soon2BkidTx
03-27-03, 11:30 PM
:(

This question has probably been answered a million times by recruits leaving for boot...i have seen some sites for mom, but nohting really great like this website...My mom was wondering are there any great Sites for Mom with kids in the Marines kinda like this website, where she can make friends, chat, and get support....Please help a friend in need....Thank you...

wrbones
03-27-03, 11:37 PM
http://www.marinewives.com/

I'll take a quick look for ya.

There was somethin' posted on the site awhile back, but dang if I remember where it is.

wrbones
03-27-03, 11:40 PM
http://marinemomsonline.virtualave.net/

Do a Google search. Marine Moms. Seems to be a lot of stuff to choose from.

Other than that, bring her on here and turn her loose! SHe'll end up knowin' more than you do! :D

Soon2BkidTx
03-27-03, 11:41 PM
Thanks wrbones....My Mom and I appreciate it very much...

SemperFi

03Infantry
03-27-03, 11:43 PM
yeah let her come on this site. I will tell her all the things you said about her (HAHAHAHA)!!!

Soon2BkidTx
03-27-03, 11:45 PM
lol....thanks 03infantry....lol she read that and hit me and ask you said mean things about me....thanks Matt you ass....

03Infantry
03-27-03, 11:56 PM
Hahaha. Good thing I didn't say the things you said HAHA!!! I'm sure she wants to yell and hit you a little bit more......pretty soon you will be leaving and she will never get to do it again.

SupportinMyUSMC
03-28-03, 12:00 AM
Hey this is Soon2beTx's Mother....i know your name Matt....ill be hitting you soon..lol...jk...What did he say?

wrbones
03-28-03, 12:08 AM
I know there was a couple links or somethin' posted in the POOL-ee Hall or Mentor forum awhile back. I just don't remeber what post it was on.

I know it's worth takin' a look!

SupportinMyUSMC
03-28-03, 12:22 AM
Thank you wrbones...and Matt (03infantry) i was just joking..lol..your not in trouble...dont be shy....So when are you leaving? Are you Infantry like my Son? Hows your mom taking all this?

03Infantry
03-28-03, 08:45 AM
Haha. I leave June 16th and yeah i'm infantry. I have been talking to your son alot on the internet and he is a great guy. Hopefully we will meet some day. My mom did not take it well at first because she thought I was just going through a phase. Now she says she is really proud of me and she tells all her friends. It reasures her that the time I get through bootcamp and everything the war will most likely be over. How do you feel about Brians choice?

Soon2BkidTx
03-28-03, 10:22 AM
Yea Matt....your a good guy too, hope to fight won day with you...you watch my back and ill watch yours! OOOH-RAAH!

But i think my mom was totally different than your mom...My Mom was ok at first, and then i told her im infantry and she flipped....Her motto now for me is Scared as Hell, but Proud as Hell too!.....but she will respond, she wanted a screen name on this so she can talk to people until i leave (9 days, April 7) and talk to people everyday once i leave and im gone....but take it easy...

Brian

KEYDET
03-28-03, 12:01 PM
Good Luck Soon2B .. you'll be fine...

03Infantry
03-28-03, 05:54 PM
Brian I hope to one day be along your side. Before that I have to do the hardest thing and make it through bootcamp.

Soon2BkidTx
03-28-03, 07:17 PM
Your not alone Matt....all of us have to go threw the hardest thing in the world...I talked to a Drill Instructor the other day at our Poolee Meeting....He said if you dont quit, youll be a Marine....youll have to pass all the qaulifications...but everything can be worked out....just dont quit...Failure is not an option..and thats what i keep telling myself...and my Parents, bros, and rest of family think ill be good to go, cuase im always good to go when theirs some1 pushing me...So ill be fine...Failure is not an option...

SemperFi

03Infantry
03-28-03, 07:19 PM
You better not fail. If you do I will tell your mom everything you said. I wish I was going with ya Brian.

Soon2BkidTx
03-29-03, 04:36 AM
Matt.....bro....all i know.....is that ever since i enlisted i was told this is a brotherhood...no matter who you know or whatver, Marines take care of Marines....were not Marines yet bro...but you have proved it to me as well as every1 else on this site....your my bro....i wont let you down as well as myself...i will meet you one day...and we will be best bros one day....and im not lying....

SemperFi

03Infantry
03-29-03, 12:45 PM
Heck yeah. This site is really full of alot of comradre. Just think (when your at bootcamp) all the people back here that will be cheering for you. We will meet up one day!!!

JChristin
03-29-03, 03:28 PM
sounds like another generation of brothers and sister's are rising to the challenge. Right here, on Leathernet.com, each of you are begining to understand the closness Marines can feel towards one another.

Several months ago, while parked in downtown Victoria B.C. and renting a bike for my boyfriend to ride (brought my own), a woman approached me. She asked me if the vechicle with the "women Marine" bumper sticker was mine. Of course it was. She introduced herself and her friends. We spoke for nearly 45 minutes about our experiences and what it meant to have earned the title, "Marine." Of course, my boyfriend and her friends never got a word in at all. A special closeness. Not very often I encounter many other Women Marines. It's like a holliday when I do. And where of all places...Canada! On an island no less!

Who here has memorized their 11 General Orders? Can you say them backward? 11 to 1 ???

semper fi,
jchristin

ktriplett
03-29-03, 04:33 PM
Backward, forward, all mixed up, in pig latin...I'll say 'em however you want 'em...

Soon2BkidTx
03-29-03, 04:35 PM
LOL.....im still working out memorizing them without looking at a word or too...cuase i know im going to freeze once i have a DI screaming in my face.....but somehow i will find my will to succeed and becoming the best Marine that i can be....OOOOH-RAAH!!

03Infantry
03-29-03, 07:28 PM
I got them down Mam

JChristin
03-29-03, 07:53 PM
sounds like Jen has arrived safe and sound at Parris Island. She is now begining to realize and wake-up to the realities of Marine Corps life. When she returns to these boards, she will be a different person. She will understand what Honor, Courage, and Committment mean. She will fully understand what, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" means to her. She will be reborn.

So, tonight, in your prayers please ask who ever you pray to, that Jen will be granted the strength and courage to continue with her journey as she edges closer to earning that sought after title, United States Marine.

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
03-29-03, 07:59 PM
Mam.......that oregon live site is an interesting sight isn't it? No respect for you Marines. I will also make sure she is in my prayers. Black Friday is coming up

Soon2BkidTx
03-30-03, 08:25 PM
Count Down begins...April 7th i leave so April 7th doesent count as waiting to leave....so that would make it 7 day until i leave....im starting another cycle of the Marine diet so i will feel a little lighter once i get to boot, and im going to keep doin 3 mile runs, pullup pyramids, and situps everyday until i saturday.....i cant wait.....exited and scared a lil...but im fine....

OOOH-RAAH

03Infantry
03-30-03, 08:36 PM
Oh you will lose wait in bootcamp Brian............yes you will!!

Soon2BkidTx
03-30-03, 08:39 PM
Yea i will....I talked to a DI this past week, and He said people lose wait fast in the first 2 weeks....He said that was basically the forming weeks to break you down physically and mentally but build you up at the same time....i think he said people have lost 7 to 20 pounds the first 2 weeks.....my friend got out of boot and lost 40 pounds.....hes a badass now.....and if he can do it, i know i can....OOOH-RAAH!

03Infantry
03-30-03, 08:41 PM
Just never give up. No matter how hard it is the pain always goes away!!!!!!!! I refuse to quit, especially after the rally today when Jchristin brought me in front of everyone and said I was joining the Marines. 2months until bootcamp!!

Soon2BkidTx
03-30-03, 08:43 PM
Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!

03Infantry
03-30-03, 08:44 PM
True that. ALso pain is just weakness leaving the body.

03-31-03, 07:16 AM
7 days huh Soon2B, I bet your spending a while lot more time with your friends and family then you normally do. I wish I could go with you but I have to graduate first. Hey 03 I leave on June 16th to, cool huh? who knows we might end up in the same platoon. And isnt the saying, Pain is temporary, Glory is forever?

Soon2BkidTx
03-31-03, 02:40 PM
Yea im leaving soon....and yes my friends mean so much to me.....they are basically all i have.....My family, they only care if i die....Today i wrecked my parents brand new 03 Dodge Dokato....right in front of the recruiting station...dont laugh at me but i was looking for a parking spot and not looking in front of me and ran right into a freakin light pole...omg...My family already knows how to make me feel like crap so this is just worse....i accept the fact that i should of be watching, i accepted the fact that i was basically ****ed, and i didnt mind paying for it....but still my mom gets there and is all nice to me in front of my recruitors, then once we leave she starts *****ing and says....The only thing you have done better than your brother is apply yourself in school.....thats ok i guess...but i have always tried to do good in my life...and my lil bro is 14 and is a pothead, and my older bro is a drug dealor.....and they know...but im always gettin crap...so the moral of this story is 7 days isnt soon enough...also....im trying to suck it up.....but can i can some motivation please?

Brian

ktriplett
03-31-03, 02:47 PM
7 days, bro. Don't let it get you down. I'm having a time of it myself these 7 days I have left, but I keep telling myself that it'll all be a memory in 7 short days. Don't even sweat it.

Soon2BkidTx
03-31-03, 03:19 PM
Yea my dad and my girl friend and hopefully the man upstairs along with my Grandfather and Uncle, beleive i can get threw this...every1 else they every doubt me or can care less...its sux bc most of those people are family that thiink i cant....but yea i need to suck it up...cuase the DIs are going to be tough...so im prolly going to use the hell i have been through to help me out in boot....haha..maybe it will make it a lil easier considering i have never been babied my whole life or pampered like momma's boys....lol...

03Infantry
03-31-03, 03:41 PM
You goin to San Diego Avatar0fCha0s

ktriplett
03-31-03, 04:57 PM
Hey soon2b, you've got a new family here, and all of us think you can make it, so don't let em get you down.

03Infantry
03-31-03, 06:23 PM
Yeah

Soon2BkidTx
03-31-03, 10:24 PM
Thanks guy and ladies.....Yea i can do this! I know i can, I know their will be times ill wanna quit, but their will never be a time where i will quit...OOH-RAH....

03Infantry
03-31-03, 10:40 PM
Brian I will be with you there in spirit. Everytime you do pushups and run just think that I'm getting gonna be doing it in a few months. Every pushup I do and everytime I run I will be thinking of what you are going through. Oorah Brian
Matt

firstsgtmike
04-01-03, 02:50 AM
Soon2B,

I guarantee, you will "quit". The Drill Instructor's job is to demand more than you ever thought you had. He will not rest until you "quit".

Pushups? You may have just exceeded your personal best, he will still demand "MORE", "One more for the Corps!" Give it to him, and he will demand another, and another, until your face rests in the mud. You finally "quit".

World records are set by "quitters". "That's it, that's as far as I can go. I tried three times more, and I missed each time. I quit, (for now)."

There are two types of quitting. One is to quit, and walk away. The other is to quit, back off, regroup, and jump right back into it with both feet.

I don't think you will ever walk away. But you WILL quit. Look forward to it, because it means you have given more than you ever thought you had. And next time, you will have even more.

I quit on 22. I quit on 40. I quit on 65. I quit on 85. I quit on 110, and then I left MCRD behind me.

I'd be willing to bet, that not one of the kids who passed through the Poolee Forum here, washed out. There is a virus that is catching here, an amulet, or Dumbo's Feather. Whatever it is, IT WORKS.

You're gone, and I wish I was going with you. Not for me to help you, but for YOU to help ME. At my age, I need all the help I can get.

Not luck, because you create your own. But I wish the best of everything for you.

I may be on an ego trip, but it will take more than ONE to replace ME.

I would like to add YOU to the list.

Don't EVER let yourself down! You wouldn't like living with the consequences.

It's times like this that I feel like a caged pet duck, looking up and watching the flights migrating to the south.

Come back, and spit in the doubter's eyes.

Soon2BkidTx
04-01-03, 03:14 PM
Well you will never see me quit, pack my ****, and walk away Sir......

Cheezballz
04-01-03, 03:47 PM
Anyone leaving June 9th

Cheezballz
04-01-03, 03:48 PM
Engineers!!!