DWG
08-29-07, 12:08 PM
What Price Glory. (WW1 Marines)

Damn fine choice; one of my favorites!

Is no one going to mention "Heartbreak Ridge?" :sick: :banana: :p

BATTLECRY!!!

SGTBrentG
08-29-07, 12:10 PM
Midway and Patton are two of my favorite movies.

MarineDadKY
08-29-07, 12:17 PM
The Seige of Firebase Gloria

Zulu 36
08-29-07, 01:21 PM
Black Hawk Down
Tears of the Sun
Top Gun (ok that doesnt really count)

any more suggestions?

any good Marine war movies?

But Top Gun does have an excellent music track. One of the best in a military related flick, IMHO.

Osotogary
08-29-07, 02:22 PM
Full Metal Jacket
Das Boot
The Man Who Would be King
All Quiet on the Western Front
Breaker Morant
Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down, etc.

jetdawgg
08-29-07, 02:49 PM
Sands of Iwo Jima

http://www.espritdecorps.ca/index.5.jpg

FistFu68
08-29-07, 02:51 PM
:evilgrin: THE OSCAR WINNER~THAT'S PLAYING IN MY HEAD~AS WE SPEAK RIGHT NOW!!!THE BATTLE OF MEADE RIVER '68 FROM A POINT MAN'S FIELD OF VISION.I/3/26 KILL-ZONE WILL BE COMING TO YOU'R THEATER SOON?:scared:

RLeon
08-29-07, 03:24 PM
The Seige of Firebase Gloria
Yes, probably one of the best Vietnam movies, better than "Platoon" and the overrated "Apocalypse Now". Too bad it's hard to find.
This is not a movie but the mini series "Band of Brothers" is outstanding.
"Thin Red Line" was okay, great if you like battle scenes with Garands and M1 Carbines.
'Uncommon Valor" is pretty decent.

DWG
08-29-07, 03:29 PM
G.I. Blues! Elvis rocks!!! :banana: :thumbup:

BigPhil
08-29-07, 04:32 PM
Ghost Soldiers

JCam0331
08-29-07, 07:08 PM
Any recent (Gulf War and beyond) Marine movies and not WW2 ones?

Sniper is pretty sweet

Jarhead was kind of lamish.

Pikey
08-29-07, 08:53 PM
Enemy at the Gates, Rooskies but still good

davblay
08-29-07, 10:17 PM
In Harms Way (Damn good WW II Navy movie!)

MEMPHIS BELLE

Pearl Harbor

TORA TORA TORA

hrscowboy
08-30-07, 12:42 AM
The Deer Hunter

davblay
08-30-07, 01:12 AM
Jacobs latter

Missing in action

Rambo

recon532002
08-30-07, 03:22 AM
Boys In Co. C
Recon

ese4mc
08-30-07, 06:38 AM
How about "objective burma",They were expendable :usmc:

maspotente2
08-30-07, 06:51 AM
Sands of Iwo Jima, Sgt. York, and Full Metal Jacket.

Scottyva
08-31-07, 12:14 AM
Two of my favorite Non-Corps Movies are Tora,Tora,Tora and Gettysburg.

When it comes to the Corps Heartbreak Ridge and although it precede current events how about Death Before Dishonor?

How how can anyone in the Corps forget Flying Leathernecks?

RLeon
08-31-07, 01:13 AM
You know everyone scoffs at "Heartbreak Ridge" and rightly so, but dang it, every Jarhead wishes they were Gunnery Sargeant Thomas Highway.

"Be advised, I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and **** napalm and I could put a round through a fleas ass at 300 meters. So why don't you hump somebody else's leg mutt-face before I push yours in."
:marine:

hmckinley
08-31-07, 04:45 AM
:evilgrin: THE OSCAR WINNER~THAT'S PLAYING IN MY HEAD~AS WE SPEAK RIGHT NOW!!!THE BATTLE OF MEADE RIVER '68 FROM A POINT MAN'S FIELD OF VISION.I/3/26 KILL-ZONE WILL BE COMING TO YOU'R THEATER SOON?:scared:

Read down from the top of thread, I was gona put, "The one playing between my ears since 1968" So FF68, all I can do is agree with ya. The brain is indeed a terrible thing, isn't it?

lucien2
08-31-07, 03:12 PM
FMJ, hands down!

kevref
08-31-07, 04:55 PM
Shooter was good, but not exactly a war movie

SkilletsUSMC
08-31-07, 05:15 PM
FMJ was the most similar to my personal combat experiences. I actually really like the second half of that movie.

SlingerDun
08-31-07, 05:28 PM
'The 317th Platoon' (1965) French, Indochina. subtitled.

I have not seen 'Field of Fire' (1991) but a couple years ago i heard James Webb was on sight overseas working to turn his novel 'Field(s) of Fire' reccomended Marine Corps, library of congress reading into a movie. I dont know that it ever panned out?

DWG
09-01-07, 11:47 AM
For a study of regiments (of that era) moving from column of march to line of battle, along with great technical attention to detail; "Gunga Din" was a fantastic movie! :thumbup:

Maybe not a super realistic movie like "Kellys' Heroes" though!:D :banana:

LCPLE3
09-03-07, 03:22 AM
You know everyone scoffs at "Heartbreak Ridge" and rightly so, but dang it, every Jarhead wishes they were Gunnery Sargeant Thomas Highway.

"Be advised, I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and **** napalm and I could put a round through a fleas ass at 300 meters. So why don't you hump somebody else's leg mutt-face before I push yours in."
:marine:

That movie had lots of good quotes!

I've drank more beer, ****ed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

It's a cluster ****, sir. Marines shouldn't be sitting on their sorry asses filling out requisitions for equipment they should already have.

The United States' Marines is lookin' for a few good men - you ain't it.

Sergeant, get that contraband stogie out of my face before I shove it so far up your ass that you'll have to stick a match up your nose to light it!

You shouldn't litter, Fag-etti. It's ecologically unsound!

You're dead Marine, you just got your legs blown off and we'll hafta send out a search party for your testicles. Where's your cover?
[They indicate Profile who waves to them]
What the hell are ya doin' back there? Without any cover fire I'll get my ass shot off! While the rest of you are pumpin' the neighbors dog we'll get every swinging dick in this platoon killed!

This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you, so remember it.

Why don't I bend you over the table there... send you home with the "I just pumped the neighbor's cat" look on your face.

And if I was a half as ugly as you, Sergeant Major, I'd be a poster boy for a prophylactic.

If you pull another ****head stunt like that again, the only thing that'll beat you to the brig is the headlights on the ambulance you'll be riding in.

The only thing you could build, Webster... is a good case of hemorrhoids.

I been pumping pussy since Christ was a corporal. I can tell you, the best damned poontang I ever paid for was in Da Nang. The girls where checked out daily. And we got ourself laid in a safe, orderly, proficient, military manner. That is until some suckhead writes home mama and says he dipped his wick in the Republic of South Vietnam. Then the **** hits the fan. A committee of congressmen who ******* to ******* who couldn't make a beer fart in a whirlwind, start telling your basic-ass-in-the-grass, Marine " No more shore time ". We responed in true Marine Corps fashion. We salute, do an about face, double time back to the boom-boom garbage dump where we get the clap, and the drip, and the crabs and a generally poor attitude towards the female of the speices. War is hell, boy. That's a fact!
:D

sparkie
09-03-07, 06:24 AM
Starship Troopers,,,,, SORRY, I liked it,, forgive me. And the troops in Alien were Marines too,,;]

Covey_Rider
09-04-07, 05:04 AM
Hey I'm a big fan of the old John Wayne movie "Green berets." No it may not be a Marine movie but I loved it growing up.

DWG
09-04-07, 08:35 AM
Starship Troopers,,,,, SORRY, I liked it,, forgive me. And the troops in Alien were Marines too,,;]

Hudson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000200/): Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

Funniest line in that movie!!! :D

The book "Starship Troopers" was much,much better than the movie! Robocop was more MI like than the movie!

HN Mullins
09-04-07, 10:12 AM
What about Gods and Generals ?

8th&I Marine
09-04-07, 10:35 AM
What about To hell and back about Audie Murphy

Cantrell

ggyoung
09-04-07, 03:36 PM
I came down from FSB Ryder for a night at LZ Baldy and the movie that night was The green berets. You should have the all the hoots and boos that night.

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
09-05-07, 04:45 PM
Von Ryan's Express

Bad Day at Black Rock (about post WWII)

Eric Hood
09-05-07, 05:17 PM
Rough Riders--TV movie. Excellent.
The Battle of Britain.
Windtalkers.
Memphis Belle.
The Great Raid.
The Great Escape.
The Dirty Dozen.
Run Silent, Run Deep.
Heros of Telemarck.
Pork Chop Hill.
Hart's War.
The Star--Russian movie about a recon unit in WWII.
A Bridge too Far.
Soldier of Orange--Dutch, WWII.
The Blue Max.
Dark Blue World--Czech pilots in WWII.

Sgt Jim
09-05-07, 06:13 PM
any John Wayne war movie

DWG
09-05-07, 06:38 PM
TV movie; Lost Battalion, with Rick Schroeder. Surprisingly good!

ggyoung
09-06-07, 06:44 PM
A friend that I grew up with father was with the Lost Battalion..