PDA

View Full Version : Patriotic Songs

JCam0331
08-25-07, 07:38 PM
I'm a big fan of patriotic songs. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Toby Keith - American Soldier
Mark Schulz - Letters from War
Warcross - Nineteen (amazing song)
Lonestar - I'm already there

sec9
08-25-07, 07:49 PM
toby keith-taliban song
toby keith-courtesy of the red white and blue
darryl worrley-have you forgotten

JCam0331
08-25-07, 07:50 PM
toby keith-taliban song
toby keith-courtesy of the red white and blue
darryl worrley-have you forgotten

In my personal opinion the Taliban Song is funny the first few times then after that its a pretty gay song.

Courtesy of the Red White and Blue is more of a cocky, up yours attitude kind of song, it really doesn't bring me to any emotions.

I will check out the darryl worley song.

EDIT: I just previewed the Darryl Worley song on iTunes and bought it. Thanks !! Great song bro !!

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-25-07, 08:29 PM
I love Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue. It is a cocky, up yours attitude- just like the Marine Corps attitude- and just like my attitude. Its my ring tone for goodness sake.

Books
08-25-07, 08:50 PM
Back in the USA by Chuck Berry. Especially the verse about hamburgers. I love hamburgers. You have to be into that old rock though. I like all sorts of classic rock, and I meet a lot of people that like classic rock as well, but I don't know anyone besides myself who likes Chuck Berry.

PatriotGirl422
08-25-07, 08:59 PM
Two of my favorite patriotic songs are:
Some Gave All- Billy Ray Cyrus
Ragged Old Flag- Johnny Cash

Marine84
08-25-07, 09:15 PM
DEFINITELY "Red, White, and Blue" by Lynard Skynard

ItzAlex
08-25-07, 09:24 PM
There was this song that they played on my liberty Sunday, the lyrics contains something like "...thats why I have a US Marine sticker, on the back of my pick up truck..." Does anyone know what song that was. Apperently they also had some movie/slides playing for the family in the all weather training facility. We were facing the family in parade rest so we didnt get to see it. But does anyone know what song it was? Especially some of the recent graduates?

Books
08-25-07, 09:39 PM
Ragged Old Flag- Johnny Cash

Oh, how could I forget that one? That's one of my favorite Cash songs! Well it isn't so much a song as a soliloqouy, but yeah.

sec9
08-25-07, 09:52 PM
There was this song that they played on my liberty Sunday, the lyrics contains something like "...thats why I have a US Marine sticker, on the back of my pick up truck..." Does anyone know what song that was. Apperently they also had some movie/slides playing for the family in the all weather training facility. We were facing the family in parade rest so we didnt get to see it. But does anyone know what song it was? Especially some of the recent graduates?

Its called on the bumper of my SUV or something and its by Chely Wright

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-25-07, 10:21 PM
It is about a story that happened to her. Her brother or something is a jarhead.

Jdncowboy
08-26-07, 12:27 AM
Tracy Lawrence- It is ethier called "Have a Beer For Me" or "If I don't make it back"

Charlie Daniels Band- "In America"

Trace Adkins- "Arlington"

Brooks and Dunn- "Only in America"

Big and Rich- "8th of November"

Alan Jackson- "Remember when"

TheBiggness
08-29-07, 01:09 AM
Merle Haggard - The Fightin' Side of Me

HurricaneRJ
08-29-07, 07:13 AM
Edit: Thanks Cowboy. Arlington is the only country song I listen too. Thanks for reminding me.

marinepooly1361
08-29-07, 09:36 AM
He put out the cd "America: The way I See It"

its got a bunch of patriotic songs:

Dont give us a reason
Mr. Lincoln
Ive Got rights
The coalition to ban coalitions
Give a Damn
The American Way
COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
U.S.A. Today

Dont give us a reason is especially good

Jdncowboy
08-29-07, 11:10 AM
Tracy Lawrence- It is ethier called "Have a Beer For Me" or "If I don't make it back"

Charlie Daniels Band- "In America"

Trace Adkins- "Arlington"

Brooks and Dunn- "Only in America"

Big and Rich- "8th of November"

Alan Jackson- "Remember when"

Edit for my last post. The Alan Jackson song should be titled "Where were you (When the World Stopped Turning)"

I got a little mixed up on that one. Got a few more for the list:
Charlie Daniels Band "This Ain't no Rag, It's a Flag"
Montgomerey Gentry "My Town"
Aaron Tippin "Where The Stars And Stripes And The Eagle Fly"
Randy Travis "America Will Always Stand"
David Ball "Riding With Private Malone"
Dusty Drake "One Last Time" This song is one of the best songs I've heard in awhile.:thumbup:
Aaron Tippin "You've Got To Stand For Somethin"

Master Sephiroth
08-29-07, 12:33 PM
Lee Greenwood-Proud to be an American

Johnny Cash-the Ballad of Ira Hayes

Master Sephiroth
08-29-07, 12:40 PM
Well, the Ballad of Ira Hayes is not really patriotic, just speaks of man who was willing to give all for his fellow Marines and this country.