PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent: Against the evil we face, war is the answer

thedrifter
08-24-07, 07:20 AM
Ted Nugent: Against the evil we face, war is the answer
By Ted Nugent
The Waco Tribune
Sunday, August 19, 2007

Toby Keith and I stood at the bedside of Pfc. Todd Bolding of Central Texas.

We were far from home, having just landed via Blackhawk battle copter on the tarmac of Bondsteel U.S. Military Hospital in Germany.

Visiting with wounded heroes of the world's greatest warriors from the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guard and Marine Corps, we were deeply humbled - not only by the courage of these amazing men and women, but also by their commitment to get their shattered bodies repaired as soon as possible to "grab my rifle and get back to the front lines to fight with my buddies."

God bless America.

We spent two weeks with these heroes, hanging out, eating, shooting, talking and patrolling. We shared hunting and fishing stories and celebrated the American music that apparently bonded us.

Toby and I did our best to keep a stiff upper lip and a positive attitude as we emotionally dealt with such a sacred time with many warriors with life-threatening injuries. We were moved.

Most importantly, continually listening to people who claim to support the troops but condemn and even dismiss the war on terror, I was totally fortified in my confidence that the cause for which these men and women fight is without doubt just and proper.

You see, I'm just a guitar player. So instead of guessing or relying on uneducated emotion, I believe my opinion should be based on the best information I can find on any given subject - particularly when the subject is freedom and justice and those heroes willing to volunteer and possibly sacrifice their lives for such noble causes.

The last thing I want to do is improperly or irresponsibly misstate or misinform anyone in my statements to the media or in my writings.

So I put my heart and soul into digging as deep as I can, researching the facts to the best of my ability and finding those souls most dedicated to the truth.

Historical and current evidence scrutinized is surely a good basis for opinion, but nothing quite compares to information shared by actual hands-on combatants in the front lines of the war on terror.

I so respect these bright, incredibly sophisticated, gung-ho military professionals. They obviously put their hearts and souls into researching the post-9/11 world, so maybe, just maybe, their decision to volunteer stands to be more meaningful than the motives of some U.S.-bashing punk like Michael Moore and his ilk.

The intimate, inside dialogue these brave men and women have shared with me brings me to a single conclusion: The terrorists and those who support them in any way must be destroyed at all costs.

Peace and love and security are procured by killing those who would interfere with such quality of life, and that is exactly what the U.S. military heroes are doing.

Fighting the evil terrorists and tyrants who have held Muslims back to a life of slavery and misery, locked in the 17th century, clearly is the only hope we have to beat down the maniacal extremists who vow to destroy America and take innocent lives around the globe.

That is what our troops are doing where they are doing it, and most people are smart enough to see this.

With the horrific images of those planes flying into the twin towers and the Pentagon still fresh in our minds, we are not about to forget the depth of evil they represent.

Todd Bolding bled to death before my eyes.

I saluted many flag-draped coffins over there. I flew home with the flag draped coffin of Lt. Col. Eric McRae and communicated with his family to say thank you on behalf of all Americans.

I remember the Alamo. I remember D-Day. I remember Iwo Jima. I remember Pearl Harbor. I remember Auschwitz. I remember 9/11/01.

I remember Todd Bolding and all who gave everything so we can be free. I side with those who face the beast. They know best.

---Ted Nugent is a Waco-based musician and television show host.

Ellie