PDA

View Full Version : Guardsman triggers probe of his "distasteful" website

thedrifter
08-24-07, 06:43 AM
Guardsman triggers probe of his "distasteful" website
By The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 08/24/2007 12:25:19 AM MDT

The California National Guard has placed on leave the personal assistant to its top general and launched an investigation after the Contra Costa Times questioned a website he maintains called Howtokillpeople.com that advocates mass violence.

"I, honestly, would like nothing more than to assist in the wholesale slaughter of every idiot on the face of the planet," Senior Airman Travis Gruber of Sacramento writes on the site. In other postings and in a related blog, Gruber denigrates African-Americans, Jews, Asians, women, gays and people with physical handicaps.

Until Wednesday, Gruber was the personal assistant and driver to Maj. Gen. William Wade, the Guard's commanding officer. The job gave Gruber access to state leaders, such as Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Gruber, who says on the website that he's 26, does not identify himself in his postings as a Guard member, nor does he mention Wade by name.

In one Web posting, he wrote of a woman who once approached him with a question as he waited for Wade at the state Capitol and that he later regretted not "crushing her windpipe" and slamming his car door into her legs for bothering him.

In a statement, Gruber said he is "sorry if I have misrepresented or left a black mark on the California Military Department. I was under the impression that I was writing anonymously." He said he does not "condone acts of violence or aggression" and called his sense of humor "dark and distasteful."

Ellie