PDA

View Full Version : Drill Instructor accused of reign of terror

testforecho2112
08-23-07, 04:03 PM
Found this on CNN

http://www.10news.com/news/13958629/detail.html

I remember being put through hell, it was a part of bootcamp...I remember getting man handled and knocked around, but only if I deserved it or entered that 'sphere' that surrounds all Drill Instructors and makes them fear for their life...lol...I know know how a 150 lb 5'8" recruit could instill that kind of fear...unless holding a weapon, but geez...I'd like to know the whole story about this!

If anyone has more info, please post!

Bill

thedrifter
08-23-07, 04:26 PM
Drill instructor charged in abuse of Marine recruits <br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER <br />
August 23, 2007 <br />
<br />
A San Diego drill instructor was arraigned yesterday on 244 counts of abusing...

marinegreen
08-23-07, 04:49 PM
Ooohhh Boo-Hoo, the wittle recruit was forced to jump into a trash can, what are we training in boot,BIG PUSSI** . What the hell they gonna do if they were to become a POW,they wont have mama or there congressmen to write and belly ache cuz they were made fun of or the D.I. said something about his mama. Hell I was one of the DI'S boys and I still got smacked,punched,kicked, belittled, humiliated. Its part of traing that the worlds finest put out, thats what makes Marines,"WE DIDNT PROMISE YOU NO FUQEN ROSE GARDEN !"Reading stuff like this makes me wanna puke !!

Alphaonethree
08-23-07, 05:07 PM
I remember getting slapped around and man handled some. Big deal. If getting slapped around a little will save one Marines life, Then by golly slap away. Stop trying to keep Juniors fragile mentality from being injured.

Zulu 36
08-23-07, 05:12 PM
Jeeze. My drill instructors would still be in prison. I think I was assaulted 244 times alone, never mind the rest of the platoon - and I was one of the well-behaved privates.

testforecho2112
08-23-07, 05:26 PM
Yeah after reading this, it reminded me of a moment, just before our battalion inspection, the night before actually, We were sitting in the classroom and a couple of recruits started fighting, and our Heavy was standing in the back. When the fight started, he was grabbing recruits left and right to get to these two yahoos and when he grabbed the back of my collar, he also grabbed my tags chain and when he pulled back it choked the **** out of me and left a big red mark around my neck. The next morning it looked like I had been hung...our SDI pulled me aside and told me that I'd probably get asked about it and wanted to know if I needed to make an official statement. I fibbed to the Col and told him my chain had gotten hung up on the frame of the rack as I was getting out of bed and had scratched me. Our Heavy winked at me after inspection and two years later bought me a beer when I ran into him...we take care of our own...

Bill

Messenger
08-23-07, 05:42 PM
This is what happens when a generation of parents totally refuse spanking and resort to “time outs”! the children of these parents are now entering the military and starting to see the real world that their parents did not prepare them for.

Congratulations you bone headed parents, all you accomplished was to ensure your sons and daughters will be the first to die overseas because they were too soft to be trained properly! Ho, and thank you for raising your kids in a manor that will ensure they will get others killed too!
(for those it applies to I should indicate that was an insult and I have to bring this to your attention because I doubt you could figure it out for yourselves otherwise)

I am totally disgusted that a small hand full of worthless prodigy were to sick lame or lazy to do what millions MARINES have done before them and were so scared that they had to run home to mommy. The only reason they are accusing MARINES of mistreating them is so they can redirect the attention from their own yellow bellied tendency to be a coward! Kick them all out! They don’t deserve to be near real MARINES!

Ok, yes I am an old crotchety opinionated Jarhead, so deal with it! LOL

Simper Fi :iwo:

Mikhaelis
08-23-07, 05:44 PM
I can't say as I wasn't there for this particular case, but if a DI is so violent that it causes 4 recruits to desert then obviously there has to be something wrong. There's a fine line between making hard Marines and senseless abusive behavior.

Kegler300
08-23-07, 05:50 PM
This was the daily routine and a rite of passage when I went through boot camp. Are we now recruiting and sending to boot camp a bunch of puzzies?

thedrifter
08-23-07, 06:13 PM
Drill instructor faces 224 abuse charges <br />
By Elliot Spagat - The Associated Press <br />
Posted : Thursday Aug 23, 2007 17:47:40 EDT <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Lance Cpl. Kaitlyn M. Scarboro / Marine Corps <br />
Sgt. Jerrod Glass,...

Dave Coup
08-23-07, 10:27 PM
Every generation has it's share of pussies. . Just this young Marine's bad luck to geta hole bunch of them get together.

Accord
08-24-07, 12:09 AM
This is bull**** and this fine drill instructor did nothing wrong. The only thing he is guilty of is producing a countless number of well trained and highly disciplined brand new Marines.

RLeon
08-24-07, 12:37 AM
Good Grief...I'm waiting for some yahoo to compare this to Ribbon Creek.

davblay
08-24-07, 01:21 AM
in my day (1969) I thought that was normal behavior for the DIs!

davblay
08-24-07, 01:22 AM
This is bull**** and this fine drill instructor did nothing wrong. The only thing he is guilty of is producing a countless number of well trained and highly disciplined brand new Marines.

did your DIs slap you around Accord?

Covey_Rider
08-24-07, 02:50 AM
Hell I remember recruits getting put into trash cans. Or if any punishment that was to occur that might be viewed wrong by a set of weak eyes...it would be done inside the whiskey locker. We all got man handled in my platoon...and we're all better for it. It was never random...there was always something behind it. He'll probably get burned for this and it's not right. Every one of our recruits stood behind the DI's every step of the way. Even me and my squad leaders man handled recruits if need be. At first we all feared out DI's, but over time we all had the utmost respect for every one of them.

This is wrong.

Phantom Blooper
08-24-07, 07:44 AM
Every generation has it's share of pussies. .

Every generation has it's share of allegations it all depends on how one can overcome and adapt.

Shiat happens..Quarterdeck in gear lockers with heat tabs,ammonia &bleach. 5 on 1 pugilsticks.The many reindeer games that are played builds confidence and morale. These recruits did not want to be there to began with...they fell in love with the image not the Marines!

If life, limb, or maiming is involved different story. Playing Oscar the grouch in the s***can game and to allegate is trivial.Stern physical punishment....Awwwwwww the poor baby blue recruits...it just breaks my widdle,tiny heart!:evilgrin:

Old Marine
08-24-07, 08:56 AM
When I attended Boot Camp (1953) if I did not get punched at least once a day I figured the D.I. was hung over or sick. I thought it was part of the training and would never of thought about turning him in. I wouldn't have had any idea about how to go about it in the first place.

Now days the media has a big ejackulation over an instance such as this. This BAM CG needs to take her pack off and relax.

HOLM
08-24-07, 08:58 AM
About 17,000 graduate from it each year, and most are deployed to Iraq within six months.

"In this era of an all-volunteer force, there is no room for noncommissioned officers who abuse their position of authority or officers who don't do their jobs," said Tom Umberg, a former military judge, lawyer and state assemblyman from Orange County. "As the Marine Corps and Army redouble their efforts to recruit, this is not the kind of publicity that's helpful."

Vic Ditchkoff, a former drill instructor, gave a similar assessment.

"This is going to impact recruiting. How can it not?" asked Ditchkoff, now president of the U.S. Marine Corps Drill Instructors Association based at Parris Island, S.C. The group has a chapter in San Diego

This pretty much say it all....

Whinny little latte' spipping, Prius driving, lily livered POS says that giving this thing publicity will have a negitive effect on the recruiting of real men to the USMC..

SO HE WRITES THE STORY.

A Hole..

jetdawgg
08-24-07, 09:19 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/Gilmer-USMC-poster.jpg

JinxJr
08-24-07, 09:43 AM
Being a DI is a tough job. Long hours, little down time and lots of stress. Sometimes a guy / gal comes along that is gonna really push you to your limits and jump up and down on your last nerve. No matter what you do, this "person" isn't going to "get it" without a little adjustment of their position of attention. That doesn't mean there should be anybody who condones abuse but there are those who don't see the line between abuse and discipline. Sometimes discipline has to have a feel and if the feel isn't learned on the Drill Field what's gonna happen when the new Marine needs it later? That feel can be learned in a lot of different ways, granted, but corrections have to be made ON THE SPOT.
Either this whole thing was blown out of proportion or maybe the DI in question isn't the best Marine for this type of job. Everybody isn't suited for it and sometimes you learn that the hard way. You can't discount over 200 "criminal" counts but I have a VERY hard time believing that anybody doing that job could have been guilty of that many offenses before the powers-that-be became aware there was a problem. I think some reality checks bounced.
Three words I live by that can be applied to everything . . . "Technique is Everything"

Bozooka
08-24-07, 12:50 PM
This is a bunch of horse hockey! mamma's little boy's.. the media loves this stuff and thrives on bring down our military.We can bring them down! Stop watching and listening to the news..Don't buy there paper.. If the RCTS didn't require sick bay call then were is the grip?:evilgrin:

Norkalkilla
08-24-07, 02:30 PM
If any of this recruits fellow civilian turds rat out a D.I. a blanket party will take place. Boot camp shouldnt be like chairforce basic training... Im signed up and ecstatic to go through nothing but the toughest 13 weeks of my life, not a watered down and pussified boy scout camp. On behalf of my generation of safety helmet hand holding politicaly correct wimps, I appoligize.

OLE SARG
08-24-07, 03:54 PM
If you want to whine, *****, and moan about how you were treated in boot camp you are a PPPUUUSSSSSSYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Old Marine said, this was normal treatment back when we went through bootcamp and made up hard as nails and mean as hell.

SEMPER FI,

Messenger
08-24-07, 04:09 PM
This is a bunch of horse hockey! mamma's little boy's.. the media loves this stuff and thrives on bring down our military.We can bring them down! Stop watching and listening to the news..Don't buy there paper.. If the RCTS didn't require sick bay call then were is the grip?:evilgrin:

From the medias stand point this story is a win/win. The actual outcome makes no difference to the media, they will find a way to make the military look bad because that sells papers. Accurate and honest reporting of both sides of a story is a thing of the past and quite frankly, I doubt it actually ever existed.

Anyone that has ever worked in law enforcement will tell you that “abuse” is a grossly misused word. Many times I have heard “he assaulted me” but normally what actually happened was “physical harassment” which rarely gets a conviction. The main difference is one causes physical injury while the other one is merely unwanted touching. Someone poking you in the chest is not assault unless they cause a bleeding, bruise, or break a rib.

The word “Abuse” is used a lot in this story but I suspect when all the dust clears we will find out that nobody was injured ie; no bruising, bleeding and no broken bones. I think we can all see a DI poking a recruit in the arm, shoulder, chest and even the brain bucket. I find it imposable to believe that a DI “assaulted” sixty recruits in a month. The fact that they were forced to add the comment of making some recruits get in a trashcan tells me that they have no case at all. If it were even one case of assault they would have never mentioned that trashcan because it would only serve to confuse the real facts of a crime in court.

While in boot camp I never saw a trashcan that had more then a few pieces of paper in it. Even if a recruit was ordered in to a trash can I find it highly unlikely there was any chance of injury from any continence within said trashcan. In short, I revert back to my original post and say; kick the little mommas boys out, they don’t deserve to be in the company of Marines!

Simper Fi

FistFu68
08-24-07, 05:33 PM
:evilgrin: WHAT THE FUC?I FELT INSULTED,IF I DIDN'T GET AUSSUALTED :evilgrin:

marinegreen
08-24-07, 05:36 PM
New questioneer for new MARINE recruits
1.) Was you spanked or given Time Out while growing up
2.) Was you dads son or mommies lil darl'en
3.) Did you like boys or girls
4.) Would you rather get Puntang or Spank the Monkey
5.) Did you play the flute or play sports in school
6.) Did you ever sneak into dads whiskey or just keep drinking kool-aid
7.) How long did you suck on nipple
8.) How long did you suck your thumb
9.) Barbie or G.I.Joe
10.) Do you faint at the site of your own blood
Hell if I had a few more Barley Pops in me I could think of more.

sparkie
08-24-07, 06:24 PM
Most kids now grow up without consequences. I always felt if you jump off a cliff, there will be a consequence. I could see kids nowadays not understanding what it takes to get them trained right cause they had no training growing up. The Marine Corps is in trouble, cause society is in trouble. Worse is yet to come.

MIKE HARNEY
08-24-07, 06:58 PM
If These Recruits Cant' Tough Training, Stay The Bleep Out Of My Corps

CPL GG
08-24-07, 07:02 PM
Ooohhh Boo-Hoo, the wittle recruit was forced to jump into a trash can, what are we training in boot,BIG PUSSI** . What the hell they gonna do if they were to become a POW,they wont have mama or there congressmen to write and belly ache cuz they were made fun of or the D.I. said something about his mama. Hell I was one of the DI'S boys and I still got smacked,punched,kicked, belittled, humiliated. Its part of traing that the worlds finest put out, thats what makes Marines,"WE DIDNT PROMISE YOU NO FUQEN ROSE GARDEN !"Reading stuff like this makes me wanna puke !!

Oh SH*T, I felt my D**k move, I think I am getting a hard on!

I do not recall joining the army.......I joined the Marines! If one can not handle a little crap like this, then how in the hell is he to handle WAR? What do they think, one can jump up and say oh I need a time out to the insurgents because my feelings got hurt? I had one DI that was meaner that a she-coon protecting her cubs! He smacked us, thrashed us and even made us shave dry a time or two. I thank GOD that I had him every time we were getting shot at, mortared, artied and all them miles of walking with a 120 pound pack on our back looking for a fight! When I see this kind of crap I agree with MarineGreen, it makes me want to PUKE! :usmc:

semperfiman
08-24-07, 07:12 PM
i wasnt the best recruit in my platoon if it wasnt for the di's kicking my ass every day i would not have the privelge (sp)of being called MARINE end of story

PIDI 8511
08-24-07, 07:25 PM
I Was A Drill Instructor At Parris Island And Some Of You Guys Talk About It Like It Is An Easy Job, It Is The Toughest Job Out There And When You Work Lights To Lights For A Few Cycles And Work 24/7/365 20 Hour Days 9 Months In A Row Guess What!! Sometimes You Are Like A Zombie And All You See Is Red Any Other Hats Online Can Confirm This Next Thing You Know The Senior Is Pulling You Off Of A Nasty Recruit. But I Must Admit 224 Is A Little Excessive! Lol!!

ibkruzin
08-24-07, 09:07 PM
This story is sickening. Going through PI in late 1969 time after time we were given much rougher treatment than this. Guess what? We all (almost all) made it through and I would NEVER want it any other way!

Ironrider
08-24-07, 09:37 PM
I'm still missing a tooth, courtesy of my Senior. So what's the problem?

JAMarine
08-24-07, 10:51 PM
In my day,,,,,, it was called Loyalty.

Old Marine
08-25-07, 09:14 AM
Question is: Where was the Platoon Commander?

Where was the Series GYSGT?

Where was the Series Commander?

In my day as a D.I. these people would have taken this problem and solved it by counseling this young SGT. If it did not stop then there would have been some thump call on said SGT.

It sure as hell would not have worked its way up to the BAM CG.

Now this young SGT may have his career in trouble for playing Coo-Coo-Clock with pvts in the **** can.

CHOPPER7199
08-25-07, 12:37 PM
Never mind the thump calls. What about the disobiedence of direct orders? Believe that says alot also.

mark king
08-25-07, 01:12 PM
I'm still missing a tooth, courtesy of my Senior. So what's the problem?

i have small scar under my bottom lip from one of my d.i.

yes so what is the problem???

USMCmailman
08-25-07, 03:22 PM
ALL THIS IS BULL CRAP!!

PARRIS ISLAND 1967, more scars from the Island than my tour in Nam. And I have a Purple Heart from Nam, compliments of Tet 1968! :evilgrin:

GROW UP OR JOIN THE NAVY !!!!!!!!!!:sick:

OLE SARG
08-25-07, 03:57 PM
ALL THIS IS BULL CRAP!!

PARRIS ISLAND 1967, more scars from the Island than my tour in Nam. And I have a Purple Heart from Nam, compliments of Tet 1968! :evilgrin:

GROW UP OR JOIN THE NAVY !!!!!!!!!!:sick:

OUTSTANDING POST!!!!!!!!! Especially the last sentence!!!!!

SEMPER FI, :D

Art Petersn
08-25-07, 04:06 PM
I don't believe the Corps has come to this. The pride when I left bootcamp, in 1955, knowing that I had gone through the best training in the world and taken everything the DI's could hand out was what made me proud to become a USMC MARINE.

FistFu68
08-25-07, 05:35 PM
:evilgrin: HAPPY-BIRTHDAY-USMCmailman!!!YOU SEMI-'OLE FART(LOL):D :thumbup:

OLE SARG
08-25-07, 09:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY youngster mailman!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY AND HAVE MANY, MANY MORE!!!!! SEMPER FI BROTHER!!!!

testforecho2112
08-25-07, 11:23 PM
Well, there is a difference between putting your hands on a recruit when it comes to instilling discipline versus beating them just to beat them.

I agree, hands on training instills a very specific mindset when it comes to following orders and learning. I can honestly say I have never seen a DI put hands on someone who didnt need it. Never have I seen a DI go hands on out of sheer sadism...

Bill

thewookie
08-26-07, 07:40 AM
I went to boot camp in February of 1991, and my DI's would be locked up for life if this BS was going on then. I was hit a lot, and I needed it. Most guys in our platoon were also hit/poked/pushed/elbowed/forced into foot lockers and trash cans all the time. And let's not get into the whiskey locker routine, that was a cold and dark room. But they never hit me in the face, and I knew that I always deserved whatever they dealt to me. I can honestly say that nobody in our platoon was hit for no apparent reason. Does this happen, I bet it does. Tough. If you mess up then there are consequences, plain and simple. Much better to learn that in training then on the battlefield. Why do some people think it's easy to make Marines? Some of these idiots, myself included that the DI's have to deal with need some pain for improvement.

What happens to ruin our Corps is over time the profit driven media puts out these stories on the front page and it causes mothers of America to gain some steam behind their stupid causes. Leave the Marines alone. You can't make a warrior with sugar and spice.

brinkman
08-26-07, 08:30 AM
I went thru PI in '59 and I never saw a DI lay a hand on a recruit we had a lot of clumsy recruits that got black and blue spot from hitting themself with the M-1 while drilling or running into a door jam but never from being hit by a DI.

jlper1965
08-26-07, 08:36 AM
This is biggest crack of dog S*** the Marine Corps and our band of brothers have to deal with a whole bunch of pussies in one platoon. Every one, had to deal with some smacking around in their time. It made u a Marine with character being to handle any S*** out there. I got my share of it, and up to these date, it does not make the DI's bad Marines.

Now days some of this F**** that are baby by their Mom and Dad go into our Corps and set into flames, because their little holes hurt. Learn to become a man, and handle ur own ordeals. The Marine Corps, creates man of characters, that defend this country and the parents of those pussies.

I said my piece on this Bull S*** ordeal.

yellowwing
08-26-07, 09:07 AM
We were not there. Many Drill Instructors train Mairnes to fight add train to win Al Nasiryha and Fallujah according to current SOP. If he broke his Oath, then his peers will decde.

Charles Neilson
08-26-07, 11:13 AM
Civilians and lily-livered politicians, through misguided heartfelt humanitarian motives, do indeed inhibit the tried and true methods that Marine Corps boot camp has traditionally used to prepare young men for war so that they can return home alive. Let me express it in a way these prissified softies might get it: While at Camp Edson in bootcamp in '65, my DI, SSgt Stelling, provided me with an experience that was truly an epiphany. After performing about 900 "up and on shoulders" exercise with our M14's (at 0330), my platoon was nearing its arm fatigue limits and as a few recruits fell out of the count, holding their weapons down at thigh level, each one would receive a surprise pop in the gut and then resume the count properly as a consequence. As clear as ever, I can still see that scenario where I began to lose feeling in my hands and arms and feared that my body would quit on me at any moment. My mind reminded me that I was not a quitter and that I would NEVER allow myself to give less than my DI expected of me. So, this exercise was beginning to frighten me as I contemplated the reality of the strength of my willpower and the impending failure of my body strength at hand. I was determined to not give up one iota yet I was quickly coming to the point where I would experience failure due to my physical limitations. I was mortified when I no longer had the strength to continue and was forced to surrender my willpower to my defeated body......but I stopped the count by at least holding my rifle above my head for 2 or 3 counts ("956,2,3,4 Sir, 957,2,3,4 Sir, etc") and suddenly from behind me I felt a boot kick my gluteus maximus, causing my rifle to hit my forehead and then Sgt Stelling suddenly leaped in front of me to give me 3 of the fastest punches in my Rectus abdominus ..............and would you believe?.......I immediately restarted the "up and on shoulders" exercise with vigor and perhaps my 16th newfound "wind" after having been psychologically defeated within my own mind. I would have bet (just as all of the milquetoast wusses who think they care for my wellbeing would bet) that after several "second winds" one has used up one's physical capability and must shut down. However, this epiphany......this religious experience.....that I experienced showed me personally how a good Sergeant can motivate his Marines to overcome any physical limitations when failure of the mission could be devastating. I honestly did not think my body had ANY strength left, and I had continued exercising past many a recruit who gave up before I finally accepted my end of the rope. Sgt Stelling showed me I still had more to give even when my mind had just accepted the apparent fact of body failure. This is the stuff that saves lives in war. No civilian or politician should have the right to remove this experience from Marines who are training to go to war!

Dave Coup
08-26-07, 12:07 PM
Well said Marine/Doctor. That ability to call upon inner reserves that was instilled in all of us who can claim the title,' Marine' has served me well all my life and helped me to be successful in...

newchum76
08-26-07, 01:12 PM
... and they will go beyong the line from using reasonable 'stimulation' into cruel, unjustifiable, and illegal behavior. <br />
We don't know what happened here; a court will find out. Perhaps this DI is...

jpal3451
08-26-07, 07:46 PM
I still remember to this day getting hit in my face with a flashlight by my DI on the way to the pool when I smiled at one of the funnier DI's beeping the horn over and over on the duty vehicle and flicking off one of the recruits blocking his way as a road guard. The DI pulled me out of the line, got about two inches from my face and said "Go ahead and tell the SR DI that I hit you. And tell him WHY I hit you. Because you have no discipline"

Fast Forward about 1 month, at the range. I took my Right hand off of my rifle when it was slug across my chest. WHAM!! The Series Gunny Smacked my wrist with a cell phone HARD. He said "HEY *****, dont ever ****ing take your hand off your ****in rifle."

Both of those men shook my hand on my graduation day and told me I had done well and they were impressed at the change I had underwent. One of them I still keep in touch with and I consider him a "friend". I owe my drill instructors everything.

With that said, I feel this case is over doing it, but I hesitate to form an opinion over something I know nothing about. I spoke to two DIs from MCRD San Diego this week and they both said that he had gone over board, and there is more to the story than whats in the press.

newchum76
08-26-07, 09:02 PM
Not quite sure where you wanted to go with this jpal.
You feel that 'this' is 'overdoing it' but you hesitate to form an opinion regarding something you know nothing about. So it seems what you do know is the lame report put out on the AP wire, and what was in the conversation that you had with two potential witnesses who felt that this guy 'went overboard.' Unless these are the kind of guys who shoot the bull to make themselves look other than they are, my critical thinking skills would lead me to believe that it seems that 'this' might not be 'overdoing it,' at all.
Some have written that they never saw anyone assaulted that didn't deserve it. I can't say that. A man in my platoon had a can of lighter fluid poured over his head, shoulders and clothing and was lit with a cigarette lighter. He was beaten with a street broom to put out the flames; little physical damage; red cheeks for a few days, and he graduated without eyebrows or lashes, but what was that sorry excuse for a man thinking when he lit a man under his command on fire. Sorry guys, there is nothing the recruit could have done to warrant such insane and cruel behavior. I am in health care, and I do not use the term insane lightly. This is not justifiable, in any way, as an adjunct to training discipline. This was cruelty for the sole purpose of being cruel, and a celebration of being ABLE to be. Some are not able to handle power. The corps would like to be able to spot them before they did any damage, but it can't. So once in a while you get some yahoo who came from a dirt farm with hair in his ears, manure 'tween his toes, and an inferiority complex that would be textbook if it were known, who is empowered with an authority that goes to his head like whiskey, and his drunken behaviour may or may not be observed, reported, or punished.
Epiphany? I had my 'there's always a little more in you than you think' lesson at the hands of Detroit's finest long before I joined the corps. It was the major reason for my being able to finish recruit training. Thank you DPD!
The only 'life' lesson I learned in recruit training is that a true leader, the kind one will follow anywhere, is the one who's done, or is willing to do, anything he asks his subs to do. Got that at the hands of a DI whose guts I hated with a passion until the instant I realised that that was HIS way. (Thank you Sgt whatever your name is/was.. gettin' old got CRS syndrome)

Hopefully we will soon see what kind of person the accused was; a somewhat overzealous DI who has been victimized by bad luck and bad press, or one of those sick cookies who shouldn't be trusted with authority of any kind, and who, like as not, couldn't lead flies to feces.

marinegreen
08-27-07, 12:44 AM
It just dont jive, 200+ violations ! Why did it take so long for the complaints. Me thinks the maggot recruit had to do some SI cuz he was a fuq up,hmmmm maybe 1 to many 8 count push-ups and the recruit said he was abused, or maybe he was taken to the 20+ sand pits (S.Diego) to make it rain sand. If the DI was to have smacked the sh*t stupid out of the puke I would think there would be a abundance of black and blue marks frm toe to brainhousing. Buck up you maggot recruits,you cant hide under mama's skirt all yerr life, if you do get a arse whuppen in boot, then the DI figured you deserved it and just cuz you get knocked around doesnt mean they hate your arse,ITS OUTTA LOOOOVE, LOL !

tripledog
08-27-07, 08:19 AM
I have to say, I went to boot in 1961 mcrd diego, and the dis still used the swagger stick. (Some marines have no idea what they are now) and the black belts. I cannot , nor want to count the tiimes we were manhandled by the di s with the sticks and the belts. Pushed into a trash can? Man that would have been a liberty for us. I cannot believe what I am reading. Marines crying cause some ole bad di tried to make a man out of them. Someone on the forum should send a message to the lawyers for these di s and see if they need any REAL marines to testify.
And one asked "did they manhandle and abuse you ?" \
Isnt that what it was all about anyway?

OLE SARG
08-27-07, 09:55 PM
If they can't take this simple ****, what are they going to do in combat!!!!! Probably start crying for "Momma"!!!!!!!!!!!
This sounds like a bunch of bull**** and a sissy turd or momma's boy!!!!

SEMPER FI,

dsrtdawg
08-31-07, 11:56 PM
It bothers me that others are posting attacking of Americas other branches of service for being soft, they are what they are and that is why we became Marines. My issues is taking the Marine out of...

Screamtruth
09-01-07, 12:15 AM
The **** of the matter is the fact that this was leaked to the media. In today's PCism world, the CO has to do something....and it is BS.

When you JOIN the Corps, you KNOW what you are getting into.

That is the way it has been since the first Marine, and it SHOULD be that way forever.

I got smacked down once, and I deserved it. So what? That is what I KNEW I was getting into. That is the way it was for Me, for my Father, and for my Grnadfather. That is THE CORPS.

The media should never get their hands on what happens in the Corps anyways. They do not understand, nor do they care.
It is just a story to them.

Semper Fi,
ST

SkilletsUSMC
09-01-07, 12:51 AM

Well put.

+1:thumbup:

WalkingMan
09-05-07, 10:18 AM
in my day (1969) I thought that was normal behavior for the DIs!

Yeah, I went through MCRD SD in 1968, and getting beat on, humiliate, and all the other 'fun stuff' was just considered part of the Rite of Passage.

After boot camp, we used to take turns bragging and telling stories, who had the meanest drill instructor.

All the sheeut I took, going through boot camp, BITS, and ITR, I never once held it against the DI's or Instructors. In fact, when I was a bush bunnie in I Corps, packing a PRC-25 and getting shot at, I was thanking those DI's and instructors, for the cuhrap they put me through.

I suspect that it saved my life, more than a few times.

lucien2
09-05-07, 08:02 PM
I ate the front sight post of my M-16 which left a good cut and much blood, the DI said, "get in the head and wash your nasty face". I was questioned repeatedly by the Series Gunny, Series Commander and a Maj. from PMO but I stuck to my story about falling on the PT field, they were ****ed but they couldn't do anything without my statement. I joined the Marines, not the Boy Scouts.......

HOLM
09-05-07, 09:09 PM
I ate the front sight post of my M-16 which left a good cut and much blood, the DI said, "get in the head and wash your nasty face". I was questioned repeatedly by the Series Gunny, Series Commander and a Maj. from PMO but I stuck to my story about falling on the PT field, they were ****ed but they couldn't do anything without my statement. I joined the Marines, not the Boy Scouts.......

I still have a crack and nice chip in my front tooth from the same sorta thing

:flag:

My D.I.'s were quite possibly the finest individuals I have ever encountered in my life.:usmc:

semperfi170
09-05-07, 10:04 PM
I thank GySgt Blue, SSgt Pucket, SSgt Gonzales, & Sgt Johnson the DIs for PLT 170 in 1968. If they abused us, I guess I was ignorant of the fact. Their corrective actions helped make us into Marines that the Corps and our country needed for duty in Nam and afterwards.

When I went through DI School we learned the SOP and were warned about abuse. It seems there were always allegations and rumors of DIs abusing recruits. However, the Corps took care of its own problems in those days. The problems usually occurred because some sh**bird told the Chaplain or wrote home to momma about being abused. Momma then called or wrote some idiot politician. If I remember correctly, most of the time it was just some idiot with an overactive imagination trying to impress momma or a girlfriend. That is what the investigations normally revealed. Meantime a good Marine was relieved from DI duty till it was cleared up. Then again if it wasn't bullsh**, the Marine was punished appropriately.:evilgrin:

GamecockCPL
09-07-07, 11:01 AM
Wtf

Alphaonethree
09-07-07, 11:22 AM
The Marine Corps should be protecting this Marine. I fear he is the last of a dying breed, My entire platoon was questioned by the series XO about one of our drill instructors where he said that there were alligations that abuse was going on. No one in the platoon broke ranks where loyalty was concerned. Even thoe the DI was beating the crap out of all of us. No blood just mostly brused pride and some sore ribs. We learned / We adapted / We overcame And more importnatly we learned the meaning of Marines Take Care of there Own. Our drill Instructors if you think about it have continued to teach us throughout our time in the Marine Corps as well as after our EAS. I find that dealing with civilians is very hard sometimes, They have very little discaplie, And 90% have no idea what Honor / Courage / Commitment means.

halejr
09-14-07, 03:39 PM
wookie,

You remember when Sgt. Wallace or Sgt. Baker beat the crap out of Heath and then he had to hide in the head when we did our nightly inspections?

jetdawgg
09-14-07, 03:57 PM
If you don't want to get hit, join the f@cking Air Force. You won't even have to fight:usmc: :mad:

Eric Hood
09-20-07, 08:18 AM
How can we make a petition, to stop this? Who goes to Boot Camp for a hug and a kiss?
Semper Fi,
Eric:flag:

jinelson
09-20-07, 08:46 AM
by Alphaonethree - The Marine Corps should be protecting this Marine. I fear he is the last of a dying breed, My entire platoon was questioned by the series XO about one of our drill instructors where he said that there were alligations that abuse was going on. No one in the platoon broke ranks where loyalty was concerned. Even thoe the DI was beating the crap out of all of us. No blood just mostly brused pride and some sore ribs. We learned / We adapted / We overcame And more importnatly we learned the meaning of Marines Take Care of there Own. Our drill Instructors if you think about it have continued to teach us throughout our time in the Marine Corps as well as after our EAS. I find that dealing with civilians is very hard sometimes, They have very little discaplie, And 90% have no idea what Honor / Courage / Commitment means.

Well said, very well said indeed!

Jim

jetdawgg
09-20-07, 08:49 AM
How can we make a petition, to stop this? Who goes to Boot Camp for a hug and a kiss?
Semper Fi,
Eric:flag:

The Army

Dave Coup
09-20-07, 09:08 AM
Concur Alphaonethree

Ebsteen
09-20-07, 09:49 AM
Amen Brother!!!!!

jetdawgg
09-20-07, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUc62jD-G0o&mode=related&search=

:usmc:

jahhead88
09-20-07, 10:58 AM
Well, whether or not you feel these kids are s***, the bait has just been thrown to the media sharks.

I know there were times at PI when I could have nailed the heavy in my platoon. But what good would it have done in the long run? He was pushing me to go beyond the mark and be better than I thought I could be.

Abuse allegations+ media shark frenzy= end of DI's career. I personally think this drill instructor was going the extra mile for these recruits to get them ready for combat. Whose to say one of these recruits aren't going to find themselves digging through a trashcan looking for an IED, or diving in a dumpster to take cover and save their a**.

However you view it, it will take a miracle to save this Marine's career. I guess when one of these recruits find themselves getting hit by the enemy with a tent pole or a flashlight, they can call their congressman.

yellowwing
09-20-07, 11:06 AM
I don't think it will be by a tent pole or flashlight! Dang Muj hopped on cocaine, adrenaline shots, and Starbuck's Grande Venti :mad:

Cricket
09-20-07, 11:32 AM
When I was in Boot Camp, the DI's couldn't touch us or swear at us... it was called the "Kinder, Gentler Corps". But someone still managed to get a DI in trouble... apparently there is a restriction on the amount of time you can spend on the quarterdeck.

This DI was famous for "round-robins" but she didn't let one of her favorite recruits "trade off". That recruit went to the Company Captain (or somebody important) and had the DI investigated. In the end, the DI lost a stripe and her position... we got a replacement DI who was twice as mean and the sissy recruit who caused the whole thing washed out. (that's the short version)

jahhead88
09-20-07, 03:36 PM
My word, with the amount of time I spent on the quarterdeck, I could have had everyone of my DI's relieved. Restricted about the amount of time on the quarterdeck?

If my memory serves me correctly, I think we had one person in my platoon bring that up, so the drill instructor took him off the quarterdeck and outside to the sand pit.

3077India
09-20-07, 04:50 PM
Good grief, sounds to me like the Drill Instructor did nothing but his f**king job!!!!! Drill Instructors aren't supposed to be babysitters!!!!!

jahhead88
09-25-07, 09:28 PM
Of course he did his job. That's why he's in trouble.