PDA

View Full Version : Killa Kilo

hawks
08-22-07, 07:01 PM
Any Marines here a recent graduate of Kilo Company, i.e., within the last few cycles?

Covey_Rider
08-22-07, 10:27 PM
CUPCAKE KILO!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh hahahaha. I hope kilo co. changed since I was there because they were the babied the entire time I was in boot. We dropped a guy out of golf co back to kilo because of pneumonia. Every time we talked to him he would tell us how much easier it was for him there.

JCam0331
08-22-07, 10:57 PM
CUPCAKE KILO!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh hahahaha. I hope kilo co. changed since I was there because they were the babied the entire time I was in boot. We dropped a guy out of golf co back to kilo because of pneumonia. Every time we talked to him he would tell us how much easier it was for him there.

Whatever. All the companies like to dog on the other companies as being "soft", "heinous" or "easy".

The fact is - they're all the freaking same. Any Marine who thinks their boot camp company was inherently tougher or whatever then the other companies on the depot need to quit buying that propoganda BS. All the drill instructors graduated from the same DI school. They don't assign the easier and nicer DIs all to one company.

That being said - the PI vs SD argument has some merits. I graduated from SD and I would take SD over PI anyday. Never been to PI but I've experienced the Carolina heat and humidity and its a force to be reckoned with. That plus sand fleas...screw that. I'll take any hill in the world over that crap.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-23-07, 01:59 AM
The heat isn't what would bother me about PI. It is as humid and hotter here in the summer. the bugs though- for some reason those things love me. Anytime we went to MCAS Beaufort for a field op (which was too common) those things ate me alive.

That said, there are differences in the companies, but not as much as some would lead you to believe. I was in two companies while at boot camp, and the second was far tougher physically than the first.