PDA

View Full Version : Combat Support??

Polee Burnett
08-21-07, 10:38 PM
I was recently told my mos is going to be under combat support. Under Combat Support is listed 0811- Field Artillery Cannoneer, 1812- M1A1 Tank Crewman, 1833- Assault Amphibious Vehicle Crewman and, 7212- Low Altitude Air Defense Gunner. I was wondering if anyone who was assigned to this mos could tell me when and if i can pick a specific mos or do i just get assigned to one after boot camp?

davblay
08-21-07, 10:51 PM
Based on what you have said----the Corps will let you know what you will be doing! It seems that you have been told what field you will be in, not anything specific, so that will be determined later during Boot Camp. Is that a problem for you? They all sound good to me.

Just my opinion!

Polee Burnett
08-21-07, 10:58 PM
No its certainly not a problem at all, They all sound like great mos' to me but my top choice would be M1A1 Tank Crewman, and i was wondering if there was anything I could do now, to get that specific job on my contract.

davblay
08-21-07, 11:22 PM
If you haven't already--talk to your recruiter! I believe he/she will be better able to assist you in this.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-21-07, 11:24 PM
You can tell the recruiter to give you a 18XX contract if that's what you want. As it is, you have no choice. The Marine Corps will put you where they need you most.