PDA

View Full Version : If your involved in a fight.

Kevin Lewis
08-21-07, 08:09 PM
Alright, I've been forwarned that people are going to try and jump me because I said the wrong things, basically insulted a ring leader, and apparently, there are 4 definate people, out of 8, who intend to "jump" me.

As far fetched as this sounds, I would like to know, if I can get DQed for defending myself in such a situation, and by defending myself, using a weapon, such as a chain or knife, in order to make sure I'm not the one in the hospital.

I know this sounds insane and not real, but I want to know if I will or will not be DQed from the Marine Corps. I need to know this, so that I can find out if I can defend myself the best I know how, or if I should go in bare handed against a group of guys who I've never seen before.

Thanks for your time, I know this sounds crazy as hell, but I need to know.

sparkie
08-21-07, 08:14 PM
I hear you. REMOVE YOURSELF, Or don't complain.

Kevin Lewis
08-21-07, 08:16 PM
Seriously.

I need an answer, and Sargeant, that doesn't answer my question.

I'm not complaining about it. I want to know if I can or can't use the chain and/or knife to defend myself if this does happen.

sparkie
08-21-07, 08:23 PM
WTF, over? you want to get involved,,,,,,, So I guess,,,, Enjoy Yourself. You have chosen, Don't bother me,,, Bi**h. You think only you are IN the light? Too much ego talkin.... Get off my back.

Kevin Lewis
08-21-07, 08:37 PM
I don't think I'm in any light, or anything at all.

I want to know if my joining the Marine Corps will be comprised by using a weapon in a fight.

I didn't ask for this fight, I didn't want it to happen. People just don't like it when they hear the truth about some things that are going on.

sparkie
08-21-07, 08:42 PM
You don't ask for this fight....You Just Want It. The police got you for using a weapon? Get off my friggin site.

Zulu 36
08-21-07, 08:51 PM
Lets put it this way. If it is illegal for you to carry those kinds of weapons in the first place, you will be wrong right along with the people you managed to p*ss off if you use those weapons, even...

Kevin Lewis
08-21-07, 08:55 PM
It hasn't happened, hence why I was asking what my choices where.

So basically, run and live to fight another day, and report them to the cops if I know who they are.

Zulu 36
08-21-07, 08:59 PM
I hasn't happened, hence why I was asking what my choices where.

So basically, run and live to fight another day, and report them to the cops if I know who they are.

That sums up your options succinctly.

sparkie
08-21-07, 09:01 PM
Like I said,,, REMOVE YOURSELF. Dumb ARS.

Marine84
08-21-07, 09:41 PM
What are you - retarded or something? Hell yeah it will hurt you. I'm sure it's over some stupid $h!t anyway. As you get older you will learn to pick your battles and I'm more than sure that this isn't your fight. Whatever you did, undo it. If nobody asked you for the "truth" , your interpretation of the "truth" is irrelevant and you should apologize for opening your pie hole so big! Or...................go on and get your a$$ kicked by a couple of thugs, get in trouble with the police and you can kiss the Corps bye-bye.

chili77bowl
08-21-07, 09:56 PM
Let me guess, it went down like this...

Them: "The war in Iraq is BS..."
You: "Hey man, I'm gonna go be a Marine, so f**k you...the war is cool"
Them: "Oh yeah?"
You: "YEAH!"

Idiot. I would be more worried about the amount of drugs in your system that OBVIOUSLY killed your brain cells, for asking a question like that.

So, go ahead, fight 'em...'cause from what I've seen so far from your posts, we would be alright without you...

Kevin Lewis
08-21-07, 10:03 PM
I've noticed a pattern for poolees/wannabes who ask questions in this forum. regardless of the question, regardless of the responses, the poolee/wannabe is trash talked, hated on, and told he/she isn't needed/wanted in the Corps.

Well, sorry for wanting to know if using something to defend myself will keep me from getting in the Corps.

Sorry for caring so much about getting in the Corps, that I had the balls to post here, hoping to get a response that would help me out.

Sorry for thinking someone on this forum gave a rats ass.

At first, I was glad I found this forum, I still am. I'm just not glad of the company I find when I talk to people on it.

Few people who do talk on the forums, are, well, I can't say it, to those who need questions answered. I wanted to know something simple, a yes or no answer.

For your information, the conversation went like this.

They where picking on my friend.
I told them to back the **** off and leave him alone.
They started yelling at me.
I cussed the main one out.

Its because I had the ****ing balls to stand up for my friend that I'm in this trouble.

chili77bowl
08-21-07, 10:14 PM
we don't bash everyone that posts...we only bash the ones that whine and argue about the answers we give and they don't like...

You were told to remove yourself (meaning from the situation)-that seems a great answer to me...meaning YES IT WILL JACK UP YOUR CHANCES!
But you took it to the next step and whined..."But I really need an answer and Sgt, you didn't answer my question..."

BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Look kid, if you don't like our answers and want to sulk, go somewhere else..maybe ask your recruiter?! He might be able to help you out? but asking a bunch of Marines on a Marine forum to help you out....NOT the brightest idea you've had today.

So, here is my serious, non-sarcastic answer to your delima

"Go to your recruiter. Since you are registered as a Poolee, then OBVIOUSLY you have a recruiter...ask him for guidance...that is what he is there for...you have his cell number, call him...that is HIS job after all...not MY job.
I just provide slightly sarcastic advice to people who are serious about being a Marine."

Now that you have heard MY advice...take it or leave it...

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-21-07, 10:17 PM
The problem isn't with the Marines- it is with idiot wannabes that have no common sense. So, to show you your stupidity, I'll explain to you how it will work out. <br />
<br />
The guys will jump you. <br />
You...

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-21-07, 10:25 PM
Its because I had the ****ing balls to stand up for my friend that I'm in this trouble.

No, it is because you have a big mouth.

Honestly, your attitude sucks. Its a shame that people like you can come here and learn.

hawks
08-21-07, 11:25 PM
You were probably running your mouth about you being a Marine poolee and you think you could take the world. Tell the authorities or something, you'd basically get your ass kicked with 4-8 dudes attacking you.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-22-07, 01:46 AM
Congratulations, lad. You've just been elected to the "Future felon of the month club".

Self defense is a concept that one uses when one is attacked unexpectedly. In your case, you are prepping for a fight with a bunch of idiots. Those idiots will clean your clock and you'll either be injured and unable to join, or you'll try and 'defend yourself', get someone else (probably an innocent bystander) or one of the 'bad guys' hurt/killed, and then proceed directly to lockup. Congrats, you are dumped from the "poolee" program and entered into the "Parolee" program.

Getting your little panties in a wad when MARINES (which you aren't) tell it like it is is further proof you need to step the hell back and re-evaluate whatever it was that got you into this mess in the first place.

There are also these folks out there called "The Police". They do amazing things these days. You *might* just try talking to them. They could have some insight or even be able to prevent this situation prior to it happening.

Oh, and lastly, I can't COUNT the number of people I've personally locked up, or loaded into the Ambo, who told me "I was just helping out my friend/pal/buddy/ex girlfriend......and then....and then.....".

Get the picture yet?

rvillac2
08-22-07, 02:05 AM
I've noticed a pattern for poolees/wannabes who ask questions in this forum. regardless of the question, regardless of the responses, the poolee/wannabe is trash talked, hated on, and told he/she isn't needed/wanted in the Corps.

This is called Selective Perception. You're only seeing what will confirm your opinion. The truth is that we answer questions straight more often than we dump on a poollee/wannabee. I have noticed that my brothers and sisters are outstanding judges of "online" character. We've been around the world (even the 19yr old L/Cpl) and seen a lot of personalities.

Your actions as you described them are characteristic of the young and foolish. That's fine, because you ARE young and somewhat foolish. It sounds like you want to be praised as a hero. Try to grow out of it.

I don't think you need to apologize to anyone. I do think you need to shut your hole and choose not to engage. If they come after you, defend yourself. But don't think that we're going to advise you to carry a weapon or do anything else illegal.

Now here's a test of your maturity. Are you going to heed reasonable advice? Or are you going to snap back at us again?

thewookie
08-22-07, 07:07 AM

I've noticed a pattern of guys who come in here and ask a question but don't always get the answer that they came for. And then some get stupid. Is that you Kevin? Do you want our advice or do you want to be in a hospital bed? Be a man and walk away for the big picture. Avoid it, ignore it, be a man. Do you want to be a Marine, we don't want any hot head idiots who can't think under pressure. And the pressures that you face now are nothing. You have that straight Kevin? When you come on this site asking questions of US Marines you should expect the truth. Learn to shut your mouth and listen. You have a lot to learn.

Marine84
08-22-07, 08:11 AM
AMEN to ALL of the above!!!!!

Kid - you're just having a little testosterone level boost. As these guys have told you - BE A MAN, WALK AWAY, BE THE BETTER PERSON!

Accord
08-22-07, 11:47 AM
I'm not going to rip into you like the Marines who have posted above me have already done, all i'm going to say is don't join my Corps. The Marine Corps is not hurting for bodies like the other branches and we don't need someone like you among us. Asking if it's okay to bring a chain and knife to fight some thugs, are you kidding me? What is more important to you, becoming a United States Marine or trying to act tough back home? When I was a poolee I stayed totally clean and didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize me shipping to boot camp, and in your case if you have to lock yourself in your bedroom at home for the next however many months it is until you ship, then that's what you need to do.

All hope is not lost however, because the Army is now granting waivers to convicted felons: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/14/national/main2474041.shtml

I have single handedly motivated countless people to join and motivated countless poolees in the time i've been on here, you however are different.

Zulu 36
08-22-07, 03:05 PM
And there is always the danger of bringing a chain or knife to a gunfight. Bad idea. <br />
<br />
Being armed with a knife is no guarantee of superiority in a fight. In 1976 I investigated a case of a Marine...

Robert Browell
08-22-07, 03:37 PM
Sounds to me like you wanna be a bad ass!Well all these people who are tryin to advise are or were the baddest of the badasses:usmc: United States Marines:flag: !!Pull your gourd out of your ass and try to think(don't hurt yourself)What you are contemplating is called assault with a deadly weapon.What kind of moron would think Marines would condone this kind of behavior.Time to put on your big-boy panties!!

rvillac2
08-22-07, 04:38 PM
Being armed with a knife is no guarantee of superiority in a fight. In 1976 I investigated a case of a Marine LCpl (grunt) who was assaulted in Oceanside by three Samoans armed with knives in an attempted robbery. The Marine disarmed one and killed him, seriously injured a second, and sent the third one running. The Marine only had a couple of minor knife cuts.

Turned out the Marine was a former gang banger from Chicago who joined the Marines to get away from the gang life. He considered himself a lucky man to be alive or still in one piece. Wise beyond his years.

A fine example of poor target selection.

SlingerDun
08-22-07, 05:49 PM
Lets put it this way...Sometimes a tactical retreat is in order,Well hell that makes perfect sense to me. What were those numbers again, 4 out of 8 want to jump 1 ?

Evasive measures pard! every smart fighter practices this or pays the fiddler. This big muscular episode may deflate during your years away in the Corps while you and those brats grow up, or it may not. Meanwhile you dont ruin your career opportunities and live to fight another day. You will have plenty of time to think about it on your own terms. Maybe pick them off one at a time.

--->Dave

sparkie
08-22-07, 05:56 PM
Funny,,, after all these years, I still don't feel like I need a chain or a knife.

And if someone points a gun, he better damn well shoot. I thought at 55 I would be running out of testrostone. Maybe it's cause I'm not a punk kid. I could never look for a fight,,, But i believe I could finish one. ONLY WHEN THE CAUSE IS RIGHT.

SlingerDun
08-22-07, 06:26 PM
For your information, the conversation went like this.

They where picking on my friend.
I told them to back the **** off and leave him alone.
They started yelling at me.
I cussed the main one out.

Its because I had the ****ing balls to stand up for my friend that I'm in this trouble. Ok i missed that post. Now that you stood up you dont want to back away and you may feel committed, alright thats understandable. So you suck up your pride and decide to retreat (which is a shrewd tactical plan and a Marines gotta have a plan) wether from fear or common sense, remind yourself theres nothing cowardice about dodging superior numerical enemies even if you made a momentary stand. Contemplate this philosophy so you can live with yourself, and it will make sense.

--->Dave

Robert Browell
08-22-07, 06:41 PM
Well,I agree with sparkie,and I'm 61!! Don't point any weapon at me unless you're hungry,cause I'm gonna do everything I can to make you eat it!!!:usmc:

jetdoc
08-22-07, 11:44 PM
Right on Jason.

Marine84
08-23-07, 08:26 AM
I'm with you guys....................don't pull it unless you're going to use it.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-23-07, 11:01 AM
Funny enough, I lost track of what we were talking about and thought about something totally different after that comment.

Marine84
08-23-07, 11:28 AM
my message box got filled up after THAT one too E4B - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

rvillac2
08-23-07, 04:25 PM
my message box got filled up after THAT one too E4B - HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Trying to keep the open forum PG-13. LOL

sparkie
08-23-07, 05:49 PM
O crap,,, I know you two ain't talkin bout fighten. Stay on subject, or start a new thread,,,,,,,,, Don't forget to envite me ;]

ggyoung
08-23-07, 06:53 PM
I like the old days better. You could have your fight (as in fist fight) After the fight the two of you go wash up and then go for a beer or two. Now the only way to have a fight, let them hit you, go to court and colect the monery.

Marine84
08-23-07, 09:00 PM
I think it would be fun to live in the old western times (you know, like Gunsmoke) where you can carry a pistol and shoot anybody you want to.

sparkie
08-23-07, 09:03 PM
Only Matt could get away with that one.

Accord
08-24-07, 12:22 AM
I think it would be fun to live in the old western times (you know, like Gunsmoke) where you can carry a pistol and shoot anybody you want to.
You can still do that. Just move to Detroit.

davblay
08-24-07, 01:34 AM
You can still do that. Just move to Detroit.

or boca raton

Sgt Leprechaun
08-24-07, 08:00 AM
LOL!
Or Washington DC...Bawlmore....cm'on up!

ggyoung
08-24-07, 11:14 AM
Some of the best Marines I have ever known came to boot camp in hand cuffs. They hade records as long as your arm. As a section chief of a 8in. SP howitzer I had one Marine who was really squard a way. The rest of my crew were sh!tbrads. But now aouther crews could not even come close to beating us in the fieled. We were "base piece". After all is said and done it comes down on how well you peformed in the field and in combat. Now days it seems as if most people are judging a person before any body knows anything about them or how well they peeform in combat. I would sooner have a guy who knows how to fight and will not goto sleep on his watch than a person who is really squared a way but does not know jack sh!t about fighting in combat or in town on liberty. So lets not be to quick to judge these people before they have had the chance to prove them self.

thewookie
08-25-07, 10:18 AM
That's a good point. <br />
<br />
I was originally in the DEP buddy program for the Navy. The last night that you were allowed to drink, myself and another guy who was also in the DEP for the Navy, but he was...