PDA

View Full Version : Questions Answered By A Recruiter

Mikky
03-26-03, 11:20 PM
I am currently a recruiter and will gladly answer any questions I can. If I can't, I'll Find the answer.....so ask away.

Mikky

zonabill
03-27-03, 12:52 AM
O.K. here's a question for you. I spent 7 years on active duty and have an RE code of RE-1A and a seperation code of KBK1. Unfortunately, due to procrastination I forgot to go in the reserves and just turned 40. I know I can go into the National Guard but I doubt if I'd ever learn to say hoo- ya(Or whatever in the hell it is they say) instead of Ooh-Rah!! So what is the age cutoff for an old f*** like me?

wrbones
03-27-03, 01:25 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2375&highlight=reenlistment

Mikky'll be current, but here's a thread from awhile back about the same thing. Might be somethin' to look over.

Mikky
03-28-03, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately, I believe you are past the cut-off age. From what I have been able to find, in a case such as yours, 34 would be the oldest you could be. It also depends on how long you have been out. If it is longer than five years, you are most likely S.O.L. I ran into a guy last week that was in the same boat. He tried to get back into the Corps, but was too old. He was able to get into the Nat'l Guard and did another 10 years, retiring at 52. Sorry I couldn't give you more positive news.

Semper fidelis,

Mikky

zonabill
03-29-03, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the replys. From what I've read in MCBUL 5314 it would seem that it would still be possible. Of course the only way to find out will be to contact a prior service recruiter. Hopefully I'll be able to do the reversist deal. I actually don't care about retirement or benefits. For me, it's the comraderie I miss. That and being able to serve our Country and Corps.
To think, the only reason I got out was because I didn't want to go on the drill field or recruiting duty. I preferred my B billets to be security related.

Sixguns
03-31-03, 07:16 PM
Coming back on active duty, we would work off a composite age. Essentially, your current age less your years of prior service equals your composite age. It would be highly unlikely you would get a waiver at your current age and becauseof the years since you were last on active duty. If you are looking at reserves, a prior service recruiter can address the age issue with you. As a reserve Marine, you will be assigned an MOS that exsists in the unit you join. There is actually a prior service portin of the web site Marines.com.

SF,

Donkon
04-01-03, 02:56 PM
Whats the height limit?? Its 6'6?? I am 6'5 and u said it will take me about 2 years to join the Marines. So if i grow more i cant join???

Leftout
04-02-03, 01:10 AM
Question for Mikky

Sir, is it possible for me to re-enlist? I received an ELS (with an re-3f code) from bootcamp 3 years ago because I was in Pork Chop Platoon for awhile for failing the pull-up test on the IST. I can now get up at most 10 pull-ups, and run 3 miles in under 20 minutes and 80 to 100 crunches. I kept up in shape since leaving bootcamp and have become a bit cut. So will it be hard for me to re-enlist in the Corps even if my PFT has improved a lot? Thanks, sir.

Sixguns
04-02-03, 06:42 PM
Any disharge that results in a RE code of anything other than RE-1, requires a waiver. In order to get a waiver, you must begin the entire enlistment process again. Your local recruiter can get you...

Mikky
04-02-03, 10:38 PM
Leftout,

get to your nearest recruiter.....they will hook you up. It will be a waiting period, paperwork, etc. You will get a second chance if you do your part.

Donkon,

don't worry about height limits. Most everything is waiverable, unless you are like 4'9" or less. You will still get in once you get residency papers.

Mikky

Sixguns
04-04-03, 07:15 PM
What recruiter school class did you attend and who was your group instuctor???

I teach at BRC each session. I wonder if you would remember me and my period of instruction.

SF,

poolee_plaster
04-10-03, 09:43 PM
I'm currently living in Russia and won't get in to the States again until June. When I do arrive I will be in Amarillo, Tx, but after 2 weeks I'm going to be moving to east Texas. Should i just wait to go see a recruiter in east Texas?
lol, I'm pretty anxious about it and don't know if i could wait two weeks. But if thats what it takes, great.