PDA

View Full Version : want to re-enlist

nortface
08-20-07, 04:50 PM
I have been out of the marines for three years in november and i want to get back in. is it difficult to get back in and if not how long would i have to get ready for it

immaproshooter
08-20-07, 05:18 PM
hey nortface if ya wouldn't mind fill out your profile and all.....but your easiest route on your question is to get in contact with your local recruiter they can answer ll those questions as far as how much would you make going back in and how long it would take and how easy/hard itll be to get back in

Mikhaelis
08-20-07, 07:10 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34742

Definitely check that thread on the subject of prior service. I've been thinking a lot about that myself recently and called a prior service recruiter the other day.

You have to have you dd-214, a few pages from your SRB (you did make a copy when you got out right?), your military resume , take a pft, do an MPEs physical again, send the package to the HQMC, then wait....

You dont call regular recruiters, they have whats called "Prior Service Recruiters". You can find the list for each state on Marines.com

Good Luck!

rcain2531
08-21-07, 02:14 PM
The regular recruiters are putting my package together as we speak. I needed my 214, birth certificate, social security card, and drivers license. Next you have to take a physical then wait on the MC. I have to wait 3 weeks for my security clearance to come back then they tell me whether I qualified for the MOS I am looking at, what the bonus will be, and which coast Im looking at. At that point I sign. I did this this week so its current.

Semper FI