PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question from a new PFC

jetztodernie
08-20-07, 09:31 AM
Hey-

I just graduated from PI on 17 Aug.

I have a quick question. When reporting in to a new duty station and/or MCT/MOS, what cover do you wear with the alphas?

Also, any suggestions on what to bring to MCT?

S/F

gwladgarwr
08-20-07, 09:58 AM
Unless they tell you otherwise, wear your ****cutter with your alphas when reporting to a new duty station.

Bring only what they tell you to bring to MCT. You usually won't have any issued gear except for uniforms at this point. Admin at PI/San Diego should have provided you with written instructions regarding gear and MCT/SOI. There should also be mention of reporting to MCT in your orders along with phone numbers. Call any of those numbers and ask.

If that fails, call your recruiter.

And change your avatar/rank insignia on this website from DEP/poolee to PFC.

Congratulations on graduating, Marine. Wear the title proud(ly).

Sgt gw:flag:

jetztodernie
08-20-07, 10:31 AM
**** cover, eh? Interesting. I had kinda assumed it'd be the barracks cover. I prefer the **** cover though, so good.

But this leads me to my next question. How in the HELL do you pack the barracks cover in your luggage/carry-on without it breaking in half?

Quinbo
08-20-07, 10:42 AM
Never had to deal with checking in with a frame cap but I do know there is a specific packing box made for them. If you know for certain you will not need it to check in then leave it at home and have it shipped to you marked "fragile"

It's
pisѕ cutter

Sgt Leprechaun
08-20-07, 02:14 PM
Agreed. If you try and pack the barracks cover in your sea bag, you'll just need a new barracks cover! Don't bring it unless you know...for a fact you'll need it or you were told to bring it by a SNCO or officer.

Don't bring anything extra with you to SOI. You won't need it, and it stands a good chance of getting lost or stolen. If you really need an ipod or whatever, get one there at the PX. Pack the minimum you'll need, everything else can be shipped.

And, congrats! Welcome to the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Highest order.

immaproshooter
08-20-07, 05:25 PM
heres a hint when i got to SOI i had my Barracks cover so did everyone else....but we showed up about 200 of us (some MCT some ITB) and they sent us in this building told us to drop our **** and through our camis on..never had to officially report into SOI with the alphas on just had to show up wearing them....but ya id find out what they want you to wear ....and i had my barracks cover in my carry on bag and had it under the seat with me and not in my sea bag or anything...

Sgt0811
08-20-07, 06:45 PM
Whenever I reported in, no matter where, I wore the Barracks cover.
I liked it better then the **** cutter.
Just my pennys worth.:marine:

immaproshooter
08-20-07, 06:48 PM
ya i do agree i personally think it looks alot better....may not be as easy to deal with but hell its your first impression youa re making with your new duty station wethere you'll be there 3 weeks...2 months or a few years.....

Accord
08-20-07, 09:34 PM
When I checked into SOI, half the Marines were wearing the barracks cover and the other half wore the **** cover. I wore the **** cover because it's easier to travel with.

Just wear whichever one you want, it doesn't matter because literally the second you get out of your taxi you'll be running in your alpha's into this warehouse to stage your gear and then you'll all be herded into a changing room to change into cammies.

1jarhead06
08-20-07, 11:37 PM
:evilgrin: last i knew this guy told you how to show up for soi or mct ! DIDNT you have your ears on ?

immaproshooter
08-20-07, 11:39 PM
lol actually they have instructors from SOI come down and instruct you how to show up and what to bring and what not....so apaprently someone was sleeping in the RTF when they gave that class...

1jarhead06
08-20-07, 11:47 PM
is geiger still there ? 0311s where what http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/cheerleader.jpgwe trained there not

immaproshooter
08-20-07, 11:50 PM
ya Geiger is still tehre....lol got some good pics somewhere from my stay as an 0311 for ITB jsut left there about almost 3 weeks ago

1jarhead06
08-21-07, 12:00 AM
is she still there to lolhttp://www.veryfunnypics.com/cartoons/gender/images/saggy.jpg

capmarine
08-21-07, 10:01 AM
heck the day i graduated(it could have been the next day)the platoon went directly to ITR,4wks later-BITS.

jackson07
08-22-07, 12:28 AM
We were intructed to wear our **** covers. You should have it in writting what to year someone on one of the many papers you recieved before you left the Depot. Short answer... wear your **** cover. You can leave your barracks cover at home for now.