PDA

View Full Version : New tattoo ban

ofch4445
08-20-07, 04:24 AM
When I joined the Marine Corps the first time tattoos were not as frowned upon like they are now ( for whatever reason ). I was just wondering if anyone knows the new rule on tattoos? I want to...

davblay
08-20-07, 11:25 AM
First of all you listed yourself as a Marine Friend, so how did you join the Marines? As a Marine you should pay attention to detail, your profile is only half filled out, no date of entry in the...

ofch4445
08-21-07, 01:42 AM
My profile should be squared away now. I am a former recruit on Parris Island. I was discharged out of boot for,at the time, unknown pre-existing medical reasons. I have had surjury and am able...

davblay
08-21-07, 09:56 AM
Thank you for finishing your profile. Now to answer your question, ask your recruiter for an update on the Tattoo reqs. He will be able to tell you if you can get in or not. BTW, you won't be...

Alphaonethree
09-09-07, 03:36 PM
Check the HQMCORSEC pages for the new reg,s

Marine84
09-10-07, 11:33 AM
I understand that sleeves are a little extreme, but a few tats below the elbow is that such a big deal?

Yes because, depending on what it is, it just flat out looks tacky in uniform. I saw a SGT in Charlies last time I went to a graduation at PI that had sleeves (obviously he's grandfathered in) - the unform looked good but all that ink on his forearms made him look like $h!t in it. Unless things have changed THAT much - the Corps is really big on your looking good and sharp in their uniform. I'm not saying it's "right" but, it's the way it is - adjust to it.

Tattoo a Superman logo on your chest and be done with it. ;)

Zulu 36
09-10-07, 01:44 PM
I see nothing wrong with a reasonably sized EGA or a Bulldog tattooed on a Marine's forearm. Sleeves are stupid.

If you absolutely got to have a sleeve, wait until you retire or otherwise get out. I agree with this part of the reg.

Hey, Kim. Do you have a Superwoman logo tattooed on your chest?? I'm sure there were places in Iwakuni that could do it. :D

Marine84
09-10-07, 07:38 PM
Hey, Kim. Do you have a Superwoman logo tattooed on your chest??

Nope but I DO have a copyright on my a$$

Zulu 36
09-10-07, 07:44 PM
Nope but I DO have a copyright on my a$$

Nice ass. And Copyright too. :D

Alphaonethree
09-10-07, 10:02 PM
ZULU dude you went to Finny. Like boot camp only younger

Zulu 36
09-11-07, 05:52 AM
Yeah, but it wasn't quite as bad when I went as it later became.

It was so bad that the Detroit PD local precinct cops had a betting pool at the beginning of each school year as to when the first shooting would happen there. The pool was broken down into hours for the first week since the vast majority of shootings happened then. Usually someone with a slot in the first three days won.

Nice place to go learn.