PDA

View Full Version : Is this a POSER?

ENGR1371
08-19-07, 03:51 PM
I know this Marine,(so he says!),
4 yrs. in the Corps, E-6 in 4yrs., Recon, Purple Heart, Navy Cross, Silver Star, you name it!
If you ask him about his records they are under "Lock & Key! & Top Secret!" because of the top secret missions he says he was on! He says that he's Retired from the Marine Corps because of all the conflicts that he was in!! When he wears his Dress Blues, he has more medals/ribbons that a General! Unreal huh? We did a Marine Corps Wedding awhile ago & he had 2 white dress blues belts on, he says that only SNCO's rate them & I wouldn't understand! He claims to be SNIPER, when we go to the range w/our AR-15's he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! He aways has an excuse: "It's because I don't have a scope!", "I forgot my sling!", "It's the medication!", It goes on & on! His stories never add up! He told me that RECON was stationed on Mainside at Camp LeJeune, can you imagine that?
Do you think this guy is a POSER? I do!:(

OLE SARG
08-19-07, 04:41 PM
Sounds like this bull****ter might be a wannabe, wishIhadbeen, Iwasn'tgoodenough, couldn'tmakeitthroughbootcamp, type of poser!!!!!!!! Definitely because he cann't hit the side of a barn with an AR-15!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should be proof enough plus all the top secret and lock and key BBBUUULLLLLLSSSHHHIIITTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ggyoung
08-19-07, 06:22 PM
This guy is nothing but pure sh!t. Nobodys records are TS,sealed or shut down. Get all the info you can on him and PM me or any one on this site who can and will burn his ass.

Covey_Rider
08-19-07, 06:37 PM
Poser for sure. 2nd Recon is in Camp Lejeune but they're stationed at Courthouse Bay NOT mainside. I work with Recon and I've never seen anybody...SNCO or not wear 2 white belts...it's absolutely ridiculous. He needs to get his ass whooped. It is possible to become an E-6 in 4yrs however it's highly unlikely. Post his name out there and I guarantee it'll be take care of.

steamin3demon
08-19-07, 06:46 PM
hey this guy could be punished by law...couldn't he?

sparkie
08-19-07, 07:04 PM
E6 in 4? I did E5 in 4 and that was pushin it cause of a lot of open billits from Nam. and I made that in the last month as a little thankyou from the CO. Top Secret? No such crap. I had a secret,,,Need to know,,, cause I fixed Crypto. TOO much hollywood goin around. Shoot the buger.
No law unless he poses in full uniform,,,,,,, Too Damn bad :{

Deduke
08-19-07, 07:23 PM
At least in Missouri, it is now a crime to claim any military association, rank, or medal to which you are not entitled. You don't have to wear the uniform or medals to get busted. Check with the local LEO's.

Semper Fi
Deduke

sparkie
08-19-07, 07:28 PM
Thanks, Duke. I stand corrected. Carry On.

Deduke
08-19-07, 07:41 PM
It depends on the state law where he is. You could be right that there is nothing to do about it, I'm just suggesting one option.

Come to think of it, it would be a crime to wear rank insignia and/or medals he didn't earn.

S.F.
Deduke

8th&I Marine
08-19-07, 07:45 PM
WTF is this punk thinking? I am sorry but I wore blues for 3 and a half years. SNCO wearing 2 belts thats just stupid. Someone get this punk he is treading on hallowed ground.

Cantrell:flag:

Deduke
08-19-07, 07:48 PM
This addy will take you to people who bust phonies every day.

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm

S.F.
Deduke

Mike Fishbaugh
08-19-07, 07:59 PM
First of all, dont spook this guy.Under the Stolen Valor Act which was passed in Dec 06, its a Federal crime to verbally say you were in the military if you were not, claim wear, or display any...

hrscowboy
08-19-07, 08:15 PM
Burn this phoney and do it quick..

Messenger
08-19-07, 08:31 PM
Things Real Marines will NEVER forget;

When is the Marine corps Birthday? (Month, Day & Year)
Where is the Marine Corps birthplace?
How many belt loops are on a Marine uniform and why?
What do Chesty Puller and Smedly Butler have in common?
Who was the first Commandant of the Marine Corps?
What is the Marine Corps Motto and what does it mean?

Six simple questions any and ALL that have Earned the title of United States Marine will know for as long as they live. Most of the time you will be dealing with fakers that have a basic knowledge of the Marine corps and may have the correct answers to many of these questions but I have yet been able to find a faker that knows what Chesty Puller and Smedly Butler have in common nor have they ever been able to tell about the belt loops on a uniform. Both are known by ALL Marines and it is very unlikely any Marine will need no more then a few moments to jog their memory to give you a correct answer.

The devil is in the details. Ferreting out fakers is one of my favorite hobbies and I have gotten very good at it over the years. With very few exceptions, your first gut feeling about someone normally turns out to be true.

Simper Fi

sparkie
08-19-07, 08:43 PM
Damn, Mess,,, Now I need to brush up. Belt loops???? I may be a phony,,, ;]

Messenger
08-19-07, 08:51 PM
It will come to you if you think about it ;)

Quinbo
08-19-07, 09:05 PM
If you caught me in a bar bragging about how I rode a drafthorse while fighting the huns in Tunesia and asked me those questions, I might get 4 of them right.

semperfi170
08-19-07, 09:53 PM
hey this guy could be punished by law...couldn't he?
Yes he could!

That being said, poolee stay where you belong till your are one of us!:evilgrin: If I remember correctly, you aren't allowed to post in this area of the website. Comply with even the simplest rules if you expect to make it through boot camp.:evilgrin:

hrscowboy
08-19-07, 10:57 PM
Belt loops hell i would flunk that one..

RLeon
08-19-07, 11:11 PM
Sounds like you garden variety poser. He's using the same old lamee excuses that every other poser uses...top secret missions, yeah right.

LCPLE3
08-19-07, 11:35 PM

Same here. Belt loops?:(

RLeon
08-20-07, 12:58 AM
One time I had someone ask me how many seas there were, then point to my waist...after a quick check I corrected my infraction. I missed one of the seas.
;)

...is this an example of how the USMC is slowly losing it's naval traditions/lore?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3196

yellowwing
08-20-07, 04:00 AM
Contact info for the FBI's Philadelphia an surrounding counties offices.

Messenger
08-20-07, 05:16 AM
OMG People! All Marine pants have seven belt loops. 7 loops for the 7 seas LOL, get down and push some earth roflmao!!!

Simper Fi

ivalis
08-20-07, 05:43 AM
Got me on the Chesty Puller/Smedly Butler connection.

yanacek
08-20-07, 05:46 AM
Most definitely a fraud. How can anyone possibly wear two white belts on their Blue Dress uniform at the same time? Not ANY SNCO I know.

JCam0331
08-20-07, 08:12 AM
I know this Marine,(so he says!),
4 yrs. in the Corps, E-6 in 4yrs., Recon, Purple Heart, Navy Cross, Silver Star, you name it!
If you ask him about his records they are under "Lock & Key! & Top Secret!" because of the top secret missions he says he was on! He says that he's Retired from the Marine Corps because of all the conflicts that he was in!! When he wears his Dress Blues, he has more medals/ribbons that a General! Unreal huh? We did a Marine Corps Wedding awhile ago & he had 2 white dress blues belts on, he says that only SNCO's rate them & I wouldn't understand! He claims to be SNIPER, when we go to the range w/our AR-15's he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! He aways has an excuse: "It's because I don't have a scope!", "I forgot my sling!", "It's the medication!", It goes on & on! His stories never add up! He told me that RECON was stationed on Mainside at Camp LeJeune, can you imagine that?
Do you think this guy is a POSER? I do!:(

1. E-6 in 4 years is darn near impossible in the Marine Corps.In US Army is possible, Marine Corps it is VERY HARD.

2. His records are top secret? BS.

3. Both Navy Cross AND Silver Star? Punch this homo in the face.

4. Recon is not that secretive. Unless he was talking about FORCE Reconnaissance.

5. No scope no sling...wtf? Snipers still know their fundamentals of marksmenship

6. 2nd Recon BN is stationed in Courthouse Bay, Camp Lejeune (correct me if I'm wrong), not on mainside.

This guy is probably some guy that got busted down to Pvt after 1 yr of service but now wants to be ooorah and cool. Do some research on this guy.

Old Marine
08-20-07, 08:36 AM

Me to.

Ed Palmer
08-20-07, 08:50 AM
OMG People! All Marine pants have seven belt loops. 7 loops for the 7 seas LOL, get down and push some earth roflmao!!!

Simper Fi

Ok I am realy screwed up now Because I must have my DRESS BLUE JEANS on now because they also have 7 loops yeah I had to stop and count them, Yep counted them again 7 of them. and I aint even close to no 7 seas,

sparkie
08-20-07, 08:52 AM
If I cut one off,,, will Australia dissapear?

Quinbo
08-20-07, 08:55 AM
Got me on the Chesty Puller/Smedly Butler connection.

I guess if you asked the question and the response was; both double medal of honor winners, it would give you cause to go hmmm. I couldn't come up with a connection either.

GUNNY MAX
08-20-07, 09:22 AM
Maybe this guy needs 2 belts ....... sewn together to reach around his gut.

Koble_USMC
08-20-07, 10:04 AM
Give me his name and awards and I will look them up in the awards data base. I will be able to tell you what awards (if this sh*tbag got any) he earned. Some of the Marines that work with me also have access to the archive database and I might be able to pull his service record. Let me know.

Semper Fidelis,

Lt

SSgt Blue
08-20-07, 10:23 AM
Ok Mess, I’m getting on my face to. The Chesty and Smedly question is stumping me at this time. I know that Smedly is only 1 of 19 ever to receive the CMOH twice. Dan Daly is anouther one of the 19. For some reason this one has me stumped. If some one can email me with this guy’s info I’ll pass it on to one of my Maj. who is a FBI Investigator in the San Diego<ST1:p</ST1:p area. He loves A#$ Clowns like this. I’m still pushing…..

Mike Fishbaugh
08-20-07, 12:43 PM
The link below is to the website of Doug & Pam Sterner. He lists all MOH,, NC and Silver Star since the beginnig of time. He drafterd the Stolen Valor Act (Pam). The Feds use his Data Base also. Get me a name and any relevent data on this guy and I can get his records also.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, anyone can get anyone's records from St Louis, living or deceased. Only thing you wont get is the medicial part of a SRB. I have probably requested over 150 requests in the last yr, but for other purposes than phonies.

http://homeofheros.com/

Mike Fishbaugh
08-20-07, 12:55 PM
This is gettin off the subject of Navy Cross & Silver Star and phonies, but below is the list of living MOH's. Total 109, 61 from VN, 14 from Korea, and 34 from WW2. Also show state of current residence. Semper Fi

viet Nam below

MOH Recipient
Branch
Date of Action
Place of Birth
MOH Accredited to
Current Residence

John Baca
US Army
10-Feb-1970
Providence, RI
Fort Ord, CA
CA

Nicky D. Bacon
US Army
6-Aug-1968
Caraway, AR
Phoenix, AZ
AR

John F. Baker, Jr.
US Army
5-Nov-1966
Davenport, IA
Moline, IL
SC

Donald E. Ballard
US Navy
16-May-1968
Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO
MO

Harvey C. Barnum,Jr.
USMC
18-Dec-1965
Cheshire, CT
Cheshire, CT
VA

Gary B. Beikirch
US Army
1-Apr-1970
Rochester, NY
Buffalo, NY
NY

Patrick H. Brady
US Army
6-Jan-1968
Philip, SD
Seattle, WA
WA

Paul W. Bucha
US Army
16-Mar-1968
Washington, D.C.
West Point, NY
NJ

Jon R. Cavaiani
US Army
4-Jun-1971
Royston, England
Fresno, CA
CA

Bruce P. Crandall
US Army
14-Nov-1965
Kent
WA

Sammy L. Davis
US Army
18-Nov-1967
Dayton, OH
Indianapolis, IN
IL

George E. Day
USAF
26-Aug-1967
Sioux City, IA
Sioux City, IA
FL

Drew D. Dix
US Army
31-Jan-1968
West Point, NY
Pueblo, CO
AK

David C. Dolby
US Army
21-May-1966
Norristown, PA
Philadelphia, PA
PA

Roger H.C. Donlon
US Army
6-Jul-1964
Saugerties, NY
Saugerties, NY
KS

Frederick E. Ferguson
US Army
31-Jan-1968
Pilot Point, TX
Phoenix, AZ
AZ

Bernard F. Fisher
USAF
10-Mar-1966
San Bernardino, CA
Kuna, ID
ID

Michael J. Fitzmaurice
US Army
23-Mar-1971
Jamestown, ND
Cavour, SD
SD

James P. Fleming
USAF
26-Nov-1968
Sedalia, MO
Pullman, WA
WA

Robert F. Foley
US Army
5-Nov-1966
Newton, MA
Newton, MA
D.C.

Wesley L. Fox
USMC
22-Feb-1969
Herndon, VA
Leesburg, VA
VA

Freeman, Ed US Army 14-Nov-1965
Neely, MS Hattiesburg, MS ID
Harold A. Fritz
US Army
11-Jan-1969
Chicago, IL
Milwaukee, WI
IL

Charles Hagemeister
US Army
20-Mar-1967
Lincoln, NE
Lincoln, NE
KS

Frank A. Herda
US Army
29-Jun-1968
Cleveland, OH
Cleveland, OH
OH

Robert L. Howard
US Army
30-Dec-1968
Opelika, AL
Montgomery, AL
TX

Robert R. Ingram
US Navy
28-Mar-1966
Clearwater, FL
Clearwater, FL
FL

Joe M. Jackson
USAF
12-May-1968
Noonan, GA
Noonan, GA
WA

Jack H. Jacobs
US Army
9-Mar-1968
Brooklyn, NY
Trenton, NJ
NJ

Don Jenkins
US Army
6-Jan-1969
Quality, KY
Nashville, TN
KY

Leonard B. Keller
US Army
2-May-1967
Rockford, IL
Chicago, IL
FL

Thomas G. Kelley
US Navy
15-Jun-1969
Boston, MA
Boston, MA
MD

Allan J. Kellogg,Jr.
USMC
11-Mar-1970
Bethel, CT
Bridgeport, CT
HI

Joseph R. Kerrey
US Navy
14-Mar-1969
Lincoln, NE
Omaha, NE
D.C.

Thomas J. Kinsman
US Army
6-Feb-1968
Renton, WA
Seattle, WA
WA

Howard V. Lee
USMC
8-Aug-1966
New York, NY
Dumfries, VA
VA

Peter C. Lemon
US Army
1-Apr-1970
Toronto, Canada
Tawas City, MI
CO

Angelo Liteky
US Army
6-Dec-1967
Washington, D.C.
Fort Hamilton, NY
?

Gary L. Littrell
US Army
4-Apr-1970
Henderson, KY
Los Angeles, CA
FL

James E. Livingston
USMC
2-May-1968
Towns, GA
McRae, GA
LA

Allan J. Lynch
US Army
15-Dec-1967
Chicago, IL
Chicago, IL
IL

Walter J. Marm
US Army
14-Nov-1965
Washington, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
NC

John J. McGinty,III
USMC
18-Jul-1966
Boston, MA
Laurel Bay, SC
CA

David H. McNerney
US Army
22-Mar-1967
Lowell, MA
Fort Bliss, TX
TX

Robert J. Modrzejewsk
USMC
15-Jul-1966
Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee, WI
CA

Thomas R. Norris
US Navy
10-Apr-1972
Jacksonville, FL
Silver Spring, MD
ID

Robert E. O'Malley
USMC
18-Aug-1965
Woodside, NY
New York, NY
TX

Robert M. Patterson
US Army
6-May-1968
Durham, NC
Raleigh, NC
NC

Richard Pittman
USMC
24-Jul-1966
French Camp, CA
Stockton, CA
CA

Rascon, Alfred US Army 16-Mar-1966
Mexico Oxnard, CA MD
Ronald E. Ray
US Army
19-Jun-1966
Cordele, GA
Atlanta, GA
FL

Gordon R. Roberts
US Army
11-Jul-1969
Middletown, OH
Cincinnati, OH
NC

Clarence Sasser
US Army
10-Jan-1968
Chenango, TX
Houston, TX
TX

James M. Sprayberry
US Army
25-Apr-1968
LaGrange, GA
Montgomery, AL
AL

Kenneth E. Stumpf
US Army
25-Apr-1967
Neenah, WI
Milwaukee, WI
WI

James A. Taylor
US Army
9-Nov-1967
Arcata, CA
San Francisco, CA
CA

Brian M. Thacker
US Army
31-Mar-1971
Columbus, OH
Salt Lake City, UT
MD

Michael E. Thornton
US Navy
31-Oct-1972
Greenville, SC
Spartanburg, SC
SC

Leo K. Thorsness
USAF
19-Apr-1967
Walnut Grove, MN
Walnut Grove, MN
WA

Jay R. Vargas
USMC
30-Apr-1968
Winslow, AZ
Winslow, AZ
CA

Gary G. Wetzel
US Army
8-Jan-1968
South Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee, WI
WI

Sgt Leprechaun
08-20-07, 02:07 PM
It's pretty much all been stated here, numerous times. The guy is obviously a posing dirtbag. No ones records are 'top secret'. No one. Not even those of us who actually worked in places that required "Top Secret" clearances, records are "sealed", because, quite simply, your military DD214 doesn't have any locations of service ON it. It has a block for "Total Foreign Service".

I have access to the awards database, as well as all of the current higher awards that have been earned in the latest war. Easily researchable.

Either way you go, ensure the proper authorities get wind of this knuklehead.

capmarine
08-21-07, 10:03 AM
missions are secret,people are not
o'malley lives in texas now
have a LT friend,he was a witness to(now) col.marm's MOH at the IA DRANG,1965
LT Steindam, MOH-my cousin(arthur melton)was the LT's troop commander.

Katman
08-21-07, 08:22 PM
Wasn't it Smedley Butler and Dan Daly who are Marine double MOH winners? So I don't get the connection between Butler and Puller.

The guy is a poser, full of ****. Everyone I've ever talked to, that talked that kind of **** has turned out to be a phoney. Burn his ass if you can.

Alphaonethree
08-23-07, 11:01 AM
Ask the terd to see his gold wing scars. He's a poser alright. Punch him in his nose

ggyoung
08-24-07, 12:27 PM
I was with in 300-400 yds of O'malley on the day of his MOH. Also a Marine by the name of Green who was with 2/4 on the same operation Starlight was killed geting his MOH. 18Aug65. O,malley was the 1st. to recive his MOH. LT. Frank was the 1st to earn the MOH in July65. Like Green he was killed getting it.

ENGR1371
08-24-07, 09:14 PM
It's all been said here, maybe I just needed some more confirmations!
Here's some more: He says he did 20 yrs., 5 hash marks on the blues, & then I asked him when he joined, 1989 he says, do the math, 20 yrs. would be 2009! Then he says he's retired because he was in so many conflicts! There's a laugh! How about this, he has his Scuba qual., but no Wings, I asked him about that & he says he broke his ankle! I said for 20 yrs.!!! He lives in a small town up from me, & since GW1 they always posted every serviceman's name in the local paper who were deployed, I pulled out all the papers from when I was in GW1, his name wasn't even listed! On any "Buddy Finder!" His name isn't listed! No where, no how! Yeah, he's a poser! BIG TIME! In his dress blues, 5 - 6 rows of ribbons! No Good Conduct! He says, Chesty Puller says that real Marines don't have MGC's! Purple heart, silver star!I can go on & on! I want this POSER busted! He might be a Marine, and I say that because he belongs to our local Marine Corps Det., he wasn't in for 20 yrs., nor was he with Force Recon! He's just a slap in the face to the Hard charging Force Recon Marines! Silver Star & Purple Heart my A**! I don't have his SSN, but I want this poser busted! I also think that he doctored up his DD-214! How do I or how can I bust this poser w/o a SSN? The only thing I really know is that our MCL has to vouch that he was a Marine every year! There's so many "RED FLAGS!" that it isn't even funny! He says that he was shot in Panama in Dec. 1989, he didn't join the Corps until Nov. 1989, again, do the math!!
Semper Fi!

MarineGrunt1775
08-24-07, 11:30 PM
Where did u find this poser? Yup he's a fake. Correct if I'm wrong but after going through all your schools to be a Recon Marine, it might take awhile if you throw in Boot Camp, SOI, your Recon induc, amphip course, path finder, jump school,,,and so on.

MillRatUSMC
08-25-07, 12:45 AM
Like most posers, they're all on some secret mission but they can't tell you were or when.
Most have more "salad" than a buffet salad table.
Two white belts on his Dress Blues?
Is this fool retarded?

Now about the belt loops representing the "Seven Seas", maybe Oceans of old were called Seas, there's only seven Oceans but much more seas today.

About Chesty (General Lewis B. Puller USMC) and Old Gimelet-Eye (General Smedley D. Butler USMC) this might be far-fetched but what I believe they have in common, both served in the Banana Wars of Central America and Haiti, besides having served in China.
But not at the same time.
I'm not sure Chesty having served in France during World War I, after his brief time at VMI.
There Chesty would have been enlisted because it took him some time to pass all the tests to become a Marine Officer, that why he was enlisted pior to his commision.

USMCmailman
08-25-07, 03:35 PM
stop worrying !!!!

You find guys like this in Dumpsters all the time!

HIS DAY WILL COME !!!! :mad: :thumbdown

Bruce59
08-29-07, 09:12 PM
Well as for him being in Recon, all I have to say is BULL C**p ! I was in 3rd Recon and so was MillratUSMC. This guy doesn,t pass the smell test.
Why are all these posers always say they were in Recon ??

Bruce59

http://wallofhonor.bravehost.com