PDA

View Full Version : Mom of a 3/2 Marine

sassyred4953
08-19-07, 12:02 AM
Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Joyce and the very proud mother of a LCpl with the 3/2, the Betio Bastards. He has been deployed once and due to deploy again soon. I am very proud of the man my son has become.

I too was in the Corps many, many years ago but was unable to complete my active duty service due to an injury that had happened in boot camp. I did complete by boot camp training and finish my MOS training and had my orders for my next duty station in the fleet. But the former injury became a hinderance. So I in no way put myself in the same class as my son and his brother Marines. But I do still remember how I felt the day I received my EGA. When I am asked how being a young woman those many years ago, what made me join the Marine Corps, my answer is always the same. Because I wanted to be a part of something that was important and full of honor. There are only 3 days that stick out in my mind as the proudest days of my life. The day I received my EGA, the day my son was born and day he received his EGA.

Now my days are filled with pride for my son and all of his 3/2 brothers and our 14 fallen heros from our last deployment. These Marines are exceptional young men and will always have my respect and admiration. My heartfelt thanks to all my son's Marine brothers that came before him. Your legacy is being handed down generation through generation. What a phenomenal job all of you have done. Thank God this nation has such men of courage to defend our freedoms and the freedom of others.
Joyce

USMCDrippin
09-19-07, 05:00 PM
Thank you for everything your family has done for mine. My son leaves for boot next week. God Bless.

Dad

GySgtRet
09-19-07, 07:07 PM
With all due respect ma'am you are a Marine. You earned the title, you have the EGA and regardless of the circumstances you are a Marine in my eyes. Hand salute to your son and all of his brothers getting ready to deploy.

Semper Fi

Gunny out

sparkie
09-19-07, 07:54 PM
Sassyred,,,, Do Not tell me you are not my sister. You lookin for attention or what? You are a USMC, Marine. Now fall into line and take up your title DAMMIT. Not all Marines made it to the front, not all Marines died for their country, but a Marine is a Marine,,,,,, Yes, you too, so suck it up, Marine. Assume your position. That is an order.

sgt tony
09-19-07, 08:12 PM
Dear Sassyred like all the other have said that you are one of us you are a Marine.
I would like to wish your son and his unit a safe return and if they need any thing come here and we will get it done for our brothers and sister.

Semper Fi

semperfi170
09-19-07, 08:54 PM
Sassyred,

Welcome aboard Marine! You earned the title and have right to be called a Marine. You have every right to be proud of the fact your are a Marine and even more so to be proud of the fact that you are the Mother Of a Marine.:usmc:

sassyred4953
09-20-07, 03:04 PM
Thank you for everything your family has done for mine. My son leaves for boot next week. God Bless.

Dad

Thank you for your kind words. Tell your son, he won't believe this yet, but he is about to enter into a brotherhood like no other and his world and life will change forever.

Semper Fi
Joyce

sassyred4953
09-20-07, 03:32 PM
With all due respect ma'am you are a Marine. You earned the title, you have the EGA and regardless of the circumstances you are a Marine in my eyes. Hand salute to your son and all of his brothers getting ready to deploy.

Semper Fi

Gunny out

Gunny,

I appreciate your words more then you know and your hand salute will definately be passed on to my son.

Semper Fi
Joyce :flag:

GySgtRet
09-20-07, 03:39 PM
You are very welcome. Now get outa here before my eyes start leaking.

Semper Fi

sassyred4953
09-20-07, 03:55 PM
Sassyred,

Welcome aboard Marine! You earned the title and have right to be called a Marine. You have every right to be proud of the fact your are a Marine and even more so to be proud of the fact that you are the Mother Of a Marine.:usmc:

Mitch,
Thank you for the welcome. And yes I am and have always been proud to be a Marine. As proud of that as I am, I'm even prouder of my son and very indignant with my role as his mother. I know you have seen the bumper sticker, "There ain't nothin meaner than a Marine, cept his momma!" ;)

Semper Fi
Joyce

sassyred4953
09-20-07, 04:02 PM
Dear Sassyred like all the other have said that you are one of us you are a Marine.
I would like to wish your son and his unit a safe return and if they need any thing come here and we will get it done for our brothers and sister.

Semper Fi

Sgt Tony,

Thanks for the welcoming words but be careful what you offer. I am a member of our 3/2 Parent Network and we presently have several projects under way for our Marines and Sailors and Christmas is right around the corner. Our Battalion Parent Coordinator is already gearing up for our Operation Christmas Stocking. Last deployment we sent a stocking to every man in our battalion. Not an easy thing to do, but we got it done and it was so worth it.

Joyce

yellowwing
09-20-07, 04:07 PM
Thank God this nation has such men of courage to defend our freedoms and the freedom of others.
Now that is the most motivating thing I've seen all week. Semper Fi, Marine :usmc:

sassyred4953
09-20-07, 04:10 PM
Sassyred,,,, Do Not tell me you are not my sister. You lookin for attention or what? You are a USMC, Marine. Now fall into line and take up your title DAMMIT. Not all Marines made it to the front, not all Marines died for their country, but a Marine is a Marine,,,,,, Yes, you too, so suck it up, Marine. Assume your position. That is an order.

Well I guess all I can say to this is, "Sir, yes sir! This Marine is good to go! Oorah!!"

sassyred4953
09-20-07, 04:19 PM
You are very welcome. Now get outa here before my eyes start leaking.

Semper Fi

You ole softy !! ;)

yellowwing
09-20-07, 04:21 PM
You ole softy !! ;)
For sure, but try to hurt our cubs and we'll be all over them like a Grizzly on a salmon! :evilgrin:

sassyred4953
09-21-07, 07:43 AM
Most definately Yellowwing, most definately!!!