PDA

View Full Version : Kirkpatrick's Hosts the Wounded Marines

Kirkpatrick
08-18-07, 12:30 PM
On September 1st, Kirkpatrick's Irish Pub in Haymarket Virginia will be hosting 25 of the Wounded Warriors for Dinner and a comedy show. If their are any Marines in the DC area, I would encourage you to stop by for the event. Even if you can't stay for the evening, stopping by to show your support would be awesome. We did this same event over Memorial Day weekend and it was a blast!!

Kirkpatrick
08-19-07, 08:24 AM
Will do, thanks!

thedrifter
08-19-07, 08:40 AM
Outstanding!

Thank You for Your Support....

Ellie

1stRad2671
08-19-07, 09:00 PM
I know a bunch of Marine vets in northern VA. I went to my 10-year high school reunion last night and it turns out at least five of us ended up doing some time in the Corps.

Only problem is I already committed to a wedding reception that day, but it's close to Haymarket. :) I'll just have to see when I get out of there. What time is this happening? I'll spread the word though.

Kirkpatrick
08-20-07, 08:29 AM
Details are the bus will be picking up the Marines at about 1800, for dinner back at the pub at 1900 or so. At 2100 we have a comedian performing a show and then we have Kareoke afterwards.

The Wounded Marines are my guest, their food and drink is on my tab. So they can have fun and not worry about anything!

www.Kirkpatrickspub.com for directions.

gwladgarwr
08-20-07, 08:50 AM
Great! I live in Manassty so I have no reason not to attend! (Duh, edited this post - I now see the time for the event.)

Any help needed for set-up or to hand out moist towelettes? :marine:

Sgt gw

Kirkpatrick
08-20-07, 08:53 AM
Great to have you on board! I should be arriving back from Bethesda with the Marines at about 1900. When I did the same event over Memorial Day Weekend, we had a full house! Any help would be great, I'm still looking for one more bus. I have one going to Bethesda, but still need one for the Marines at Walter Reed.

Kirkpatrick
08-20-07, 10:10 AM
We have the second bus!!

thedrifter
08-21-07, 11:31 AM
That's outstanding!

Ellie

thedrifter
08-24-07, 12:46 PM
Bumping up and making a sticky...

This is a Great Way to show Your Support......

Ellie

Kirkpatrick
08-25-07, 03:12 PM
N/a

thedrifter
08-28-07, 07:29 AM
A Little Reminder;)

Ellie

Kirkpatrick
08-30-07, 03:43 PM
n/a

thedrifter
08-31-07, 02:56 PM
Still time to get there Marines...;)

Ellie

gwladgarwr
09-03-07, 12:00 PM
The event at Kirkpatrick's on Saturday night was a blast! I don't remember much. :beer:

Thanks to Kirk for putting on a really nice event for the guys from Walter Reed and Bethesda - you could really tell those guys were happy to be away from the hospital and to be out having some good, clean fun (well, not clean fun, but fun nonetheless!)

And thanks to the men for their service and wishing them a speedy recovery.

Please let me know if I can help out again since I'm just right up the road in Manassas.

Sgt gw

Kirkpatrick
09-04-07, 03:02 PM
Just a little after action report.....

The event was awesome! Even after arriving 2 hours late due to the bus break down on 495!

When we arrived at 2200, people were out front welcoming these guys with clapping and loud cheers, it was an incrediable site to see.

All of the Marines present couldn't believe the support from their brothers. We had old and young Marines present. Even had 2 pooles!

So needless to say, we will be hosting them again. Very soon! I'll keep all posted.

Semper Fi,
Kirk

thedrifter
09-04-07, 03:03 PM
Outstanding!

Ellie

Kirkpatrick
09-28-07, 11:53 AM
Marines....

On October 20th, Kirkpatricks Irish Pub will once again be hosting the Wounded Marines from Bethesda and Walter Reed.

These guys had such a good time, we decided to keep it going! So, if anybody can join us for the fun, let me know!

Cheers and Semper Fi,
kp